What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I am keen to know about the indigenous frigate program of Bangladesh navy. I heard that the first two frigates were suppose to join the navy by 2022. Has the project got delayed?

I am keen to know about the indigenous frigate program of Bangladesh navy. I heard that the first two frigates were suppose to join the navy by 2022. Has the project got delayed?

They're in my Dacha, chilling in the tub with my trusty ducky, waiting for me to jump in, here now, see for yourself :

retro-bathroom-interior-soap-bubbles-bathtub-foam-bubbles-inside-bath-yellow-rubber-duck-boat-...jpg

Postponed for uncertain times like mrca program...not happening before 2025

Currently undergoing Critical Design Review (CDR) in Dholaikhal under the leadership of Amra Khan.
Shipbuilding shall be expedited by repurposing ships currently lined up for scrapping in Ctg.

Love it! :p:

But seriously - my understanding is that project is not dead but may have run into some headwind because of the PLACE of the builds chosen by the Navy, rather than the PROGRAM itself.

Navy is looking at Modernizing and Rehabilitation (BMRE) of the existing Yard with overseas partners and BMRE+Builds will proceed once details get ironed out.

Since it is a critical program, Navy is keeping things close to its chest for now.

Postponed for uncertain times like mrca program...not happening before 2025

Exactly.

We have purchased a few interim frigates from China as backfill for retired and soon-to-be-retired frigates, which will be quite a few in the next few years...

The original plan was to build 6 frigates within 2030. I think the navy will miss the deadline because of the delay in equipping CDDL.

The original plan was to build 6 frigates within 2030. I think the navy will miss the deadline because of the delay in equipping CDDL.

They can still manage within 2030 - 2035ish, the plan was to finish work on 2 of them by 2024, next two by 2027 and the last two by 2030.

We are still a ways off from 2024, for all we know, the project hasn't been delayed due to Corona, it's just going through the usual motions waiting for the necessary infrastructure to get built up, don't forget Damen Gentium is setting up in Bangladesh as well.

Mrca wasn't happening before 2024 anyway, that's when they would work on building ours, If we went for newer ones, since they have to work on the orders from the middle East until then.
Mrca wasn't suppose to come before 2025..I'm talking about deal...when I said nothing before 2025 I meant mrca deal has been postponed..no deal will be signed in this year..not even with China

Many thanks to Turkey. I am for high level defense cooperation between Bangladesh and Turkey.

good stuff

That looks a Kolkata class Indian destroyer behind our Navy flag. Israeli AESA radar on top.

We can't match these equipment dollar for dollar, but track-and-shoot AESA radar (and of course VLS) is a must have to specify for our upcoming indigenous frigate program.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom