What's new

Bangladesh Navy

magazine implies it's being built. is there any tart or protective structure to cover from prying eyes at CDDL?

I don't know, BN isn't PLAN who will remove image from Google Map. Did google stop street view system? Remember previously we tried to figure out where those frigates will be built but we were actually wrong? Even SAK made that same mistake, don't know if he did that from my speculation or not. Here's the previous places where the project would commence we thought before.

1600395434554.png
1600395536680.png

But for we didn't see any kind of development there like we hoped. Also this made think that place behind the guest house marked with arrow doesn't belong to CDDL.

1600397086057.png

After talking to you yesterday i did some recheck and found a photo and maybe a map which show that area behind guest house maybe belongs to CDDL actually. Notice two photos you'will see some differences. Don't know what it's actually about or is it actually CDDL or not but found another photo where it looks like that some kinda construction is going on there. This could be the place.

4_photo_x4.jpg

1_photo_x4.png

38.jpg

1600410631472.png

1600410698013.png

1600410744444.png

1600410802885.png

1600411101816.png

1600411524482.png

1600411752833.png

I don't know, BN isn't PLAN who will remove image from Google Map. Did google stop street view system? Remember previously we tried to figure out where those frigates will be built but we were actually wrong? Even SAK made that same mistake, don't know if he did that from my speculation or not. Here's the previous places where the project would commence we thought before.

View attachment 670957 View attachment 670958

But for we didn't see any kind of development there like we hoped. Also this made think that place behind the guest house marked with arrow doesn't belong to CDDL.

View attachment 670962

After talking to you yesterday i did some recheck and found a photo and maybe a map which show that area behind guest house maybe belongs to CDDL actually. Notice two photos you'will see some differences. Don't know what it's actually about or is it actually CDDL or not but found another photo where it looks like that some kinda construction is going on there. This could be the place.

View attachment 670983

View attachment 670984

View attachment 670985

View attachment 670987

View attachment 670988

View attachment 670989

View attachment 670990

View attachment 670991

View attachment 670992

View attachment 670993
But the land is much more inwards from the waters. Hmm

I don't know. I ain't the expert. 😩 If this is not the place then i give up finding it. 😩 @Bilal9 vai may know. What's this method? Trailer type something?

View attachment 671062

View attachment 671063
if it's on a dock... then it will be built around a keel like the patrol boats but if where you showed is the site... then they'll go with modular construction which is much more modern technique

I don't know. I ain't the expert. 😩 If this is not the place then i give up finding it. 😩 @Bilal9 vai may know. What's this method? Trailer type something?

View attachment 671062

View attachment 671063

The ships are being carried on top of self-propelled modular transporters. They run on hydraulic power, are remote controlled and have enormous load carrying capacity, say over 1500~3000 plus tons per unit. You can join many units together like a train, forming a self propelled movable platform. The wheels can turn every which way and can take the ship over to a semi-submersible barge (see below). Which is then floated away, and slowly sunk, by ingesting water, to float the ship itself at deeper draft areas. Most elegant but slow ship launch procedure.

spmt-for-shipbuilding-768x576.jpg

spmt-control-768x421.jpg

You guys may remember, we had these semi-submersibles come to Chittagong to deliver our Ming subs.

iu

Last edited:
The ships are being carried on top of self-propelled modular transporters. They run on hydraulic power, are remote controlled and have enormous load carrying capacity, say over 1500~3000 plus tons per unit. You can join many units together like a train, forming a self propelled movable platform. The wheels can turn every which way and can take the ship over to a semi-submersible barge (see below). Which is then floated away, and slowly sunk, by ingesting water, to float the ship itself at deeper draft areas. Most elegant but slow ship launch procedure.

spmt-for-shipbuilding-768x576.jpg

spmt-control-768x421.jpg

You guys may remember, we had these semi-submersibles come to Chittagong to deliver our Ming subs.

iu

Yeah you're right , but idk why Bangladesh is only getting 6 frigates by 2030 when every other navy will have tons of more firgates and only god knows what Myanmar or India will have.

People also forget that our longest range cruise missile is only 360km which is ok but we need better ranges than this or maybe even a joint developed cruise missile with Turkey.

Yeah you're right , but idk why Bangladesh is only getting 6 frigates by 2030 when every other navy will have tons of more firgates and only god knows what Myanmar or India will have.

People also forget that our longest range cruise missile is only 360km which is ok but we need better ranges than this or maybe even a joint developed cruise missile with Turkey.

All in good time.

I am sure Navy planners are aware of these developments around the neighborhood. But it is neither practical, nor prudent to match adversaries dollar for dollar on defence purchases, especially for Naval technology which is changing and developing constantly these days. The rise of China over the past two decades as a Naval power (Turkey as well for a decade) has been breathtaking, and I certainly hope we can collaborate with them on projects.

The idea is to have a defensive Navy with enough practical deterrence to repulse any adventurous powerplay by neighbors, and not showing muscle simply for the sake of it or to invite aggression. Diplomacy is ALWAYS the first recourse, which we have been pursuing in case of Myanmar.

Defence projects will be developed with both China and Turkey - I am sure, for unguided, guided and cruise type long range munitions and counter-offensives, both Naval and land-based. Some of it is already being confirmed.

There is a lot that cannot be disclosed here, as @Al-Ansar, @Ronin and @Michael Corleone bhais know.

INTERNATIONAL FLEET REVIEW (IFR)- 2021

First ever IFR will be organized by Bangladesh Navy (BN) in December 2021 to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of the independence of Bangladesh combined with other national events of Victory Day. The Honourable Prime Minister of People's Republic of Bangladesh is expected to review the fleet as Chief Guest. Bangladesh Navy (BN) will invite friendly Navies to participate IFR with their suitable navy ships and representatives. The head of participating Navies along with their spouses and high officials will also be invited in the various events of IFR. The major events of the programme will take place at Inani Beach front and anchorage in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. However, a few events of IFR will also be conducted in Cox’s Bazar sea beach area.

AIM OF IFR 2021

IFR 2021 organized by BN intends to promote goodwill, strengthen cooperation and showcase BN’s organizational capabilities. IFR 2021 also serves as an ideal platform for world’s navies to showcase their prowess, naval diplomacy, goodwill and cooperation in a global / international arena. Therefore, this first ever IFR will be a great opportunity for Bangladesh in general and BN in particular to interact with world navies in Bangladeshi waters, exert naval diplomacy, promote tourism/ socio economic/ infrastructure development in the coastal areas capitalizing the experience of International Multilateral Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX) 2017.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom