What's new

Bangladesh Navy

10033_457419494366170_100312095_n.jpg

Khulna Shipyard to build Navy vessels

Khulna Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-09-01 18:15:51.0 BdST Updated: 2013-09-01 18:33:51.0 BdST

Khulna Shipyard will build container vessels and Landing Craft Utilities (LCU) for use alongside warships.

Vice Admiral M Farid Habib, Chief of Staff of the Bangladesh Navy, flagged off construction on Sunday.

The navy has commissioned the building of two container vessels and two high-tech LCU craft worth almost Tk 1 billion.

The LCUs will be used for swift transportation of equipment.

Managing Director of the shipyard Commodore Riaz Uddin Ahmed delivered the welcome speech before the naval chief.

The container vessel will be 75 metres long and 13.5 metres wide and 5.20 metres deep. Each vessel will have two 600 horsepower engines.

LCU vessels will be 42 metres long, 10 metres wide and 1.80 metres deep. The vessels will have a capacity to bear a load of 415 tonnes.

They, too, will have two 600 horsepower engines.

Khulna Shipyard to build Navy vessels - bdnews24.com

Like Boeing P-8? :ashamed:
p-8a+poseidon.jpg

You know we cant afford this type of aircraft and its logistics, till our defence budget rise to 5% of GDP. ( I think so :undecided:)

I feel you but this aint happening anytime soon. First change those F-7 junks, get some new-generation fighters and then think about P-8s.

Cheers!!!

^^^ initially we can start with second hand P-3 orion from Japan or US as they are replacing it with P-8 and other fighter.

I feel you but this aint happening anytime soon. First change those F-7 junks, get some new-generation fighters and then think about P-8s.

Cheers!!!

:D You are right about our Junk F-7s :smart:. But our F-7 are far better then MIG-21 flying coffin, isn't it?:ashamed:

first of all p-8 poseidon is not for patroling purposes , its main goal is anti submarine warfare.poseidon is specialy made for usa and india.so forget poseidon.but we have other options like p3 orion , pakistan has p3 orion. but it doesnt matches with our goal.because these are antisubmarine. if we need to counter strike we need also submarine first too.current purpose is serving by a109 augustawestland heli.
Like Boeing P-8? :ashamed:
p-8a+poseidon.jpg

You know we cant afford this type of aircraft and its logistics, till our defence budget rise to 5% of GDP. ( I think so :undecided:)

^^^ initially we can start with second hand P-3 orion from Japan or US as they are replacing it with P-8 and other fighter.

Well, you need to see if that fits our defense doctrine. Just buying wont serve the purpose.

Cheers!!!

:D You are right about our Junk F-7s :smart:. But our F-7 are far better then MIG-21 flying coffin, isn't it?:ashamed:

Thats makes sense but realistically speaking, those F-7s would soon be flying coffins in opposition to latest Sukhois, Migs, Rafales, EF Typhoons etc. Am sure you wouldnt board a F-7 if you had to fight one of these!

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom