What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Yes, Ulsan Class is best choise for us as 2nd hand warship. We should upgrade them with the latest sensors and armaments for longer service. And if we go for new built warship I would like to go to French or German made warship.

Considering what BN operated, this IS the modernisation. (further modification is unnecessary, a waste of money).

Considering what BN operated, this IS the modernisation. (further modification is unnecessary, a waste of money).

what if bangladesh get those ship in second hand at about $10m price without armaments and then BN put armaments according to its requirement ?

Why modernisation is waste of money? We should operate warships with latest sensors and armaments to secure our naval area.

Why modernisation is waste of money? We should operate warships with latest sensors and armaments to secure our naval area.

You should operate ships with capabilities to match their tasks and your defence wallet (cost effectiveness). Both in terms of weapons and sensors the Ulsans as they are compare well or even favorably relative to Type 41 Leopard class, 053H1 (Jianghu-II) Class, Hamilton-Class as well as Type 053H2 Jianghu-III Class.

the italian minervas class is expensive
WHat do you mean, expensive? To purchase or to operate or to maintain? And compared to what? Remember, unlike the WHECs, the Minerva's are designed as actual warships. They are smaller and have less unsupported range but are also faster and much beter armed (i.e. they come with AShM, Aspide SAM, and - importantly ASW weapons and sensors such as 6 × 324mm TLS ASW torpedoes and Raytheon/Elsag DE-1167). Apples and oranges.

Much better to get your hands on the 4 Type 22 Batch 3 that were decommissioned in 2011. More modern, more versatile ships.

the BN negociated earlier with some naval correspondence.it was milgem with the turkey,the goverment of italy for the minervas and the montenegro for one of their ship.the deal never finalised because the turkey can't delivery milgem before 2018,the condition of the montenegro ship was poor and the asking price of the italian ship was too high.hope you get your answer now.and your link is practicaly useless dear. bdforever already answered that
Repeating something doesn't make it true (or comprehensible). So, what do you mean: acquisition cost, operating cost? And compared to what?

Compare here: Corvettes - Military Equipment

mordernisation and new armament is not a waste of money.if it was then the usa never go for the new armament and technology when their extisting hardwares are more than enough.BN is doing well when it's a matter of defence.I think me and the other memebers still support more mordernisation and more funding for the BN.

Back
Top Bottom