What's new

Bangladesh Navy

its a mammoth ship :D ,Well as far as i know BN has no dock facility for these mammoth ,it also offered to the srilankan navy too.but my opinion is same.SLN has no facility for this too .so i think the deal will not be finalised.and another thing is its a destroyer.DADA will not be happy i know.
Type 42 is good ship and it can also facilitate a Helicopter However i would not recommend getting too many retired ships although most the ships you've mentioned are cheap and would provide a lot of force which is lacked by our current ships they probably will only stay in service for another 20-25 years while some newer built models can stay for around about 40.

BN is looking for ROK frigates.the ulsan class is almost phased out to ROK.production haulted.so guys what are thinking now ?;).BN is probably looking for the incheon class .i desparately want them in BN.According to BDforever i'm too greedy :D ,I know i am and honestly one incheon class cost $250m to $300m. one squadron incheon will cost arround $1b .when its the matter of defence money doesn't matter. incheon class is currently one of the best naval tooth.lets get it :D
viewfile.php
[/url][/IMG]

its a mammoth ship :D ,Well as far as i know BN has no dock facility for these mammoth ,it also offered to the srilankan navy too.but my opinion is same.SLN has no facility for this too .so i think the deal will not be finalised.and another thing is its a destroyer.DADA will not be happy i know.

We were able to dock the USS kidd (an Arleigh burke class destroyer). the Type 42 will fit just fine.Also it was only decomissioned this june so im not sure how long the process takes for the British to announce who they will sell it too.

The F-22P is based upon the Type 053H3 Frigate and if the F-22B is a new ship then it is likely to be a ship based on the Chinese frigate with the Ship being modified to Bangladesh's requirements hence why there is a B.
I know why there is a B. The disputed part is the F22-bit

Bangladesh Navy should continue to seek US cutters, which are perfect in terms of capability and price. After acquiring three more Hamilton class cutters (if possible) then BN should aim to fill the Offshore Patrol Vessel requirement with Medium endurance cutter - Famous class. These 1,800 t vessels were designed to patrol the EEZ (320 km). They are armed with 1 × OTO Melara Mk 75 76 mm/62 caliber naval gun and 2 × .50 caliber (12.7 mm) machine guns. They also have a helipad like our Castle class FSGs.

WMEC Famous class
Built: 1979–1989
In commission: 1983–present
No about to be retired ....

WHEC Hamilton class
In commission: 1965 - present
Completed: 12
Active: 8
Retired: 4

THerein lies the difference

You might pick up a few Reliance-class cutters WMEC, though...
Built: 1962–1968
In commission: 1964–present
Completed: 16
Active: 16 (of which 2 not in US service)

Courageous was decommissioned on 19 September 2001. She was transferred to the government of Sri Lanka on 24 June 2004 as SLNS Samudura (P-621). Durable was decommissioned on 20 September 2001. In 2003 she was transferred to the Coast Guard of the Colombian Navy as ARC Valle del Cauca (PO-44).

The reason I favour such a procurement is that that BN can maintain a powerful presence in the seas all the while keeping a low profile politically. Though these vessels are categorised as cutters, they can be fitted with C-704 SSMs just like the Castle class. There are 13 to be made available once their replacements are in place for the USCG. All vessels were built in 1979–1989 and commissioned first in 1983. They are certainly better choice than Italian Minervas, which were too expensive.

WHat do you mean, expensive? To purchase or to operate or to maintain? And compared to what? Remember, unlike the WHECs, the Minerva's are designed as actual warships. They are smaller and have less unsupported range but are also faster and much beter armed (i.e. they come with AShM, Aspide SAM, and - importantly ASW weapons and sensors such as 6 × 324mm TLS ASW torpedoes and Raytheon/Elsag DE-1167). Apples and oranges.

hmmm...so theres this,the prime minsters is in London and a few months ago we were offered the type 42 destroyers??

Would a second hand Type 42 be suitable for us?

Much better to get your hands on the 4 Type 22 Batch 3 that were decommissioned in 2011. More modern, more versatile ships.

i have no idea about these ships life. check previous page , post#870 by penguin (how heavily modified BNS Bangabandhu-before and after modification)

You seem under the impression Bangabandhu was 'modified' from a regular South Korean Ulsan frigate into het present configuration. This is not the case she was new built to a much modified (i.e. new) design. She's the only specimen of her class.

@BDforever, @mb444, @british_bengali,

Well, if we want to buy 2nd hand warships we should buy, south korean used ulsan class frigates. SK will replace them with FFX frigates. We should buy some of their used ulsan class frigate and upgrade them with latest tools. This will be cost efficient for us and full fill our needs. We are using a modified ulsan class frigate, this is a plus point for us.

And our Ulsan class frigate looks better then original SK Ulsan class frigate, isn't it?

What you say?

COnsidering what BN is sailing, Ulsan 'as is' would be a good asset, that doesn't really need modernizing.

Sensors and processing systems:
- Signaal DA-08 air surveillance radar
- AN/SPS-10C navigation radar
- ST-1802 fire control radar
- Signaal PHS-32 hull-mounted sonar
- TB-261K towed sonar

Electronic warfare & decoys:
- ULQ-11K ESM/ECM suite
- 2 x Mark 36 SRBOC 6-tubed chaff/flare launcher
- 2 x 15-tube SLQ-261 torpedo acoustic countermeasures

Armament:
8 x Harpoon (2 quadruple launchers) Anti-Ship Missile
6 x 324 mm Blue Shark torpedo (2 triple tubes)
2 x Otobreda 76 mm/62 Gun
3 x Otobreda 40 mm/70 (2 twin) compact CIWS

Last edited by a moderator:
[/QUOTE]Much better to get your hands on the 4 Type 22 Batch 3 that were decommissioned in 2011. More modern, more versatile ships.[/QUOTE]

I agree and assuming it's a frigate with the same age it must be cheaper however im not sure if they have been offered to us officialy yet(or any other country)but i have heard certain countries including us who are willing to buy them.

arround 200 million euro but much better than cutter.lol here is again a dilema the phillipine is also for it like our cutters .it will be abidding for it Bremen Class (Type 122A) Frigates Class Overview

Dimensions
Length: 426' 5"
Beam: 47' 2"
Displacement
Standard: 2,950 Full: 3,780
Crew: 199
Propulsion: Combined Diesel or Gas (CODOG)
Diesels: 2 MTU Friedrichshafen 20V956 TB92
Turbines: 2 GE-Fiat LM-2500
Shafts: 2
Horsepower
Diesels: 11,070 Turbines: 51,000 Total: 62,070
Speed: 30 knots
Range: 5,700 NM @ 17 knots

Armament
Guns
1 76mm/62 OTO Melara Single turret
2 20mm/90 Rheinmetall Rh-202 AA Single mounts

Missiles
32 Sea Sparrow RIM-7M (SAM) Mk-29 8 cell
8 Harpoon RGM-84 (SSM) 2 Mk-141 4 cell
42 Rolling Airframe RIM-116A (SAM) 2 Mk-49 21 cell

Torpedo Tubes
4 12.75" (324MM) 2 Mk-32 twin tube fixed

Aircraft
2 Lynx helicopters

The F122 Bremen class ships are variations of the Dutch Kortenaer or Standard (S-) frigate. For your information, the Dutch Navy retired many of those ships early due to cutbacks and sold them to Greece. Example:
September 10, 2001 Greece has added to its growing fleet of Kortenaer class frigates by purchasing the HrMs Pieter Florisz (F-826) on June 7 at a cost of $38 million. The agreement includes a training package
Greece Purchases A Fifth Kortenaer Class Frigate.(Brief Article) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

July 2003: Greece Orders One More Dutch Frigate

The Greek Ministry of Defense has signed a $35.3 million contract with the Dutch government for the purchase of one Kortenaer-class frigate; the ninth frigate to be procured by the Hellenic Navy. It is expected to be delivered on 24 October 2003. Of the 10 Kortenaer-class ships originally built for the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNlN), seven have been transferred to the Hellenic Navy and two to the United Arab Emirates Navy. The RNlN is expected to retain its last unit (Bloys Van Treslong) for service in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba in the Caribbean.

The Hellenic Navy will operate its Kortenaer-class ships as the mainstay of its surface fleet for the better part of the next two decades, since the four Kimon-class destroyers are expected to be retired in the near future. The first new frigate (Corvette Program) will not enter service until around 2008, and the first of a new destroyer class (Anti-Air Warfare Destroyer Program) will not enter service until around 2018.
Navy League of the United States - Citizens in Support of the Sea Services

Tha's just the ships (with weapons and sensors, but without ordnance)

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:06 AM
Chile shelves build plan to buy Dutch frigates

By José Higuera, JDW Correspondent, Santiago

Chile has shelved plans to build three multipurpose frigates in favour of acquiring four second-hand frigates surplus to the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), Chilean Defence Minister Michelle Bachelet announced last week.

Bachelet confirmed that negotiations are under way with the Netherlands to procure two Jacob van Heemskerck L-class air-defence frigates and two Karel Doorman M-class multipurpose frigates under a deal valued at $350 million.

The estimated cost of the cancelled shipbuilding project was set at around $850 million.

Bachelet explained that buying the used RNLN frigates was a more cost-effective, faster way to renew the fleet. She said the new frigates will replace older vessels, some of them already retired or set to be phased out. "In no way," she said, will they "represent an expansion of Chile's fleet size."

The negotiations are expected to be concluded late in March or early in April, with HrMs Abraham van der Hultst - the first M-class frigate - joining the Chilean fleet in June 2005. The first L-class frigate, Jacob van Heemskerck, will be delivered in December 2005, with HrMs Witte de With (L-class) and HrMs Tjerk Hiddes (M-class) following in August 2006 and April 2007.

194 of 396 words
Defence & Security Intelligence & Analysis - IHS Jane's 360
Navy League of the United States - Citizens in Support of the Sea Services

L-class is an AAW derivative of the Kortenaer and the M-class if the follow on to the Kortenaer. 4 vessels, 350$ million > about $85million apiece, with ordnance and training and maintenance package.

At the same time, Chilean navy acquired used Type 23 Marlborough, Norfolk and Grafton for a total of £134 million...
Scant return on navy's £1.2bn frigate sale | UK news | The Guardian

Much better to get your hands on the 4 Type 22 Batch 3 that were decommissioned in 2011. More modern, more versatile ships.[/QUOTE]

I agree and assuming it's a frigate with the same age it must be cheaper however im not sure if they have been offered to us officialy yet(or any other country)but i have heard certain countries including us who are willing to buy them.[/QUOTE]

Slightly younger: Type 22 batch 3 commissioned 1988-1990, compared to the youngest Type 42 commissioning 1985 (first of class commissioned 1975). The last four ships of the class (the Batch III ships Cornwall, Cumberland, Campbeltown and Chatham) were of a greatly improved design. Reflecting lessons learned in the Falklands, the weapons fit was changed, becoming more optimised to a general warfare role. The ships were fitted with the 4.5" (114m) gun, primarily for NGS (Naval Gunfire Support for land forces). Exocet was replaced by the superior Harpoon with eight GWS 60 missile launchers fitted laterally abaft the bridge, and each ship would carry a Goalkeeper CIWS (Close-In Weapon System).In their final form, the Type 22s were the largest frigates ever built for the Royal Navy – the follow-on Type 23 class would be appreciably smaller ships. Reflecting this, Type 22s were often deployed as flagships for NATO Task Groups.

387_99.jpg

BN is looking for ROK frigates.the ulsan class is almost phased out to ROK.production haulted.so guys what are thinking now ?;).BN is probably looking for the incheon class .i desparately want them in BN.According to BDforever i'm too greedy :D ,I know i am and honestly one incheon class cost $250m to $300m. one squadron incheon will cost arround $1b .when its the matter of defence money doesn't matter. incheon class is currently one of the best naval tooth.lets get it :D
viewfile.php
[/url][/IMG]
Not necessarily. South KOrean yards offer other ships for export. See e.g. the ship recently chosen by Thailand: DW3000H
Daewoo OPV for Israeli Navy HDP 1200: cost around 100 million USD each ( The four ship deal is expected to cost approximately $400M)
A01142271120820102649.jpg

http://thumb.egloos.net:8080/fastimg/http://pds27.egloos.com/pds/201301/15/18/f0083218_50f5362415e26.jpg
c0103201502f240ed808d.jpg

Not necessarily. South KOrean yards offer other ships for export. See e.g. the ship recently chosen by Thailand: DW3000H
Daewoo OPV for Israeli Navy HDP 1200: cost around 100 million USD each ( The four ship deal is expected to cost approximately $400M)
A01142271120820102649.jpg

http://thumb.egloos.net:8080/fastimg/http://pds27.egloos.com/pds/201301/15/18/f0083218_50f5362415e26.jpg
c0103201502f240ed808d.jpg

Thanks for clearing about BNS Bangabandhu in previous post.

I see .... I guess is going to get 2 HDP1200 (classify them as corvette), it has been said that Bangladesh is going to get 2 South Korean Corvette (type was not mentioned). Can you provide more info about HDP1200 ? like displacement, armaments etc

or probably going for Type DW1400P
euronaval2012coree7.jpg

COnsidering what BN is sailing, Ulsan 'as is' would be a good asset, that doesn't really need modernizing.

Sensors and processing systems:
- Signaal DA-08 air surveillance radar
- AN/SPS-10C navigation radar
- ST-1802 fire control radar
- Signaal PHS-32 hull-mounted sonar
- TB-261K towed sonar

Electronic warfare & decoys:
- ULQ-11K ESM/ECM suite
- 2 x Mark 36 SRBOC 6-tubed chaff/flare launcher
- 2 x 15-tube SLQ-261 torpedo acoustic countermeasures

Armament:
8 x Harpoon (2 quadruple launchers) Anti-Ship Missile
6 x 324 mm Blue Shark torpedo (2 triple tubes)
2 x Otobreda 76 mm/62 Gun
3 x Otobreda 40 mm/70 (2 twin) compact CIWS

Yes, Ulsan Class is best choise for us as 2nd hand warship. We should upgrade them with the latest sensors and armaments for longer service. And if we go for new built warship I would like to go to French or German made warship.

Thanks for clearing about BNS Bangabandhu in previous post.

I see .... I guess is going to get 2 HDP1200 (classify them as corvette), it has been said that Bangladesh is going to get 2 South Korean Corvette (type was not mentioned). Can you provide more info about HDP1200 ? like displacement, armaments etc

or probably going for Type DW1400P
euronaval2012coree7.jpg

DW1400P seems quite similar to HDP1400
Ships from SNSD > Naval > OPVs/Fast Attack Craft
Offshore patrol with limited AAW, ASW, ASuW capability l
Anti-smuggling l Fishery protection l Sea rescue l
Pollution surveillance l Convertible to play corvette role

85.4m x 12.4m x 7.1m l 1,400 tonnes l
Two marine diesel engines l Maximum 24 knots l
Cruising 15 knots l 6,000n.m. at 15 knots

Israel's eyq on SK OPV
http://www.dmilt.com/index.php?opti...korean-opv-procurement&catid=3:asia&Itemid=56
http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130114/DEFREG04/301140008/Israel-Eyes-S-Korean-OPVs-EEZ-Defense
See also http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...-EEZ-Defense&p=6531409&viewfull=1#post6531409

Back
Top Bottom