What's new

Bangladesh Navy

They did not announce it because we don't have them.

Wow, a ship is going through sea trial even before reaching its home port! That's wonderful.. really wonderful:hitwall:

We have SPGs in our Army.Every purchase is disclosed by the armed forces through circulars in newspapers.You have to go through every day copy of various newspapers for the past couple of years most of which does not have online copies....Or,you could ask some one from the artillery division.I was confirmed by a major who served until December 2012.

Banglaesh don't exactly have a thing where they annouce all procured equipment,we all know that we have PLZ-45 BUT did Sheikh hasina make any public appearance about them?NO and neither did the news channel.

As far as the two frigates go,it maybe going through a sea trial in Bangladesh and there will probably be an induction when the BNS Somodru Joy arrives and gets re-armed.

Bangladesh army announces all procurement through newspaper circulars in.....The news papers don't put them as headlines so you miss them most of the time.

They did not announce it because we don't have them.

Wow, a ship is going through sea trial even before reaching its home port! That's wonderful.. really wonderful:hitwall:

I said MAYBE and remember what happened with the BNS Dhaleswari,it malfunctioned and floated away even before getting into our port!and Jianghus don't exactly have a record of being the best ships with many countries complaining about problems with engines or other onboard systems.

There was a picture of a PLZ-45 a few pages back and i don't know if saudi or kuwait would have a tropical camo with it!

The AMI report did say we are getting two south korean ships this year but the class was unknown.

However i'd love to see more ulsan class frigates

The AMI report did say we are getting two south korean ships this year but the class was unknown.

However i'd love to see more ulsan class frigates

Korean tech maybe better than Chinese as the Korean tech is based on US whilst Chinese a combination of russian and indeginious.
Given we already have one of them also reduces learning curve. But we also operate Chinese ships.

I am getting concerned about the range of ships we are operating, British, US, Korean, Chinese, indeginious etc. I hope there is some kind of plan here...

I am getting concerned about the range of ships we are operating, British, US, Korean, Chinese, indeginious etc. I hope there is some kind of plan here...

You are right about many sources of ship procurement. But, note also that BN also is taking steps to produce indigenous and induct. BN has already produced the first indigenous patrol boats which will be followed by two units of large China-designed warships, which type I do not remember.

So, in the next ten tears, it is possible that BN will have more locally produced boats than the number of its foreign made boats, Englishstani or Chinastani!!!

Korean tech maybe better than Chinese as the Korean tech is based on US whilst Chinese a combination of russian and indeginious.
Given we already have one of them also reduces learning curve. But we also operate Chinese ships.

@british_bengali
korean corvette is going to first of its kind, BN has plan to introduce command vessel, Korean corvette might have early warning system, lets see.

BN authority is evil :devil: it has great plan to make BN blue water Navy, BN is buying those second hand ships which have long travel range... recently procured USCGC Jarvis can travel 25,760km without refuel :D
@M.H.J. Hi :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
mb444

I think that having a range of ships isn't as difficult to manage as having a different range of aircraft since the british and the us takes of majority of the on board systems away so we can add the ones with are familiar with. For example we have put chinese missiles on british and korean ships but we won't be allowed to use chinese weapons and avionics on a mig or F-16.

mb444

I think that having a range of ships isn't as difficult to manage as having a different range of aircraft since the british and the us takes of majority of the on board systems away so we can add the ones with are familiar with. For example we have put chinese missiles on british and korean ships but we won't be allowed to use chinese weapons and avionics on a mig or F-16.

nah our chinese bros are too good, they give us as much as possible :D

we operate c-802 naval missile.who disagree? now tell me when you see those missile in 16th december victory day parade?from my childhood i'm still watching those big fat silkworm missile and that dholaikhal gunboat in a truck every 16th december parade. the defence force doesn't disclose everything for the bloody civilians or trollers like us! :rofl:i agree with bdforever

The German Navy may start replacing their Bremen class frigates by 2016. Those frigates are excellent in terms of performance and armaments and are roughly the same displacement as Hamilton class cutters. I think if purchase of other European or South Korean frigates fail then the Bangladesh Navy should at least give those a go. There would be 8 such frigates up for grabs according to Wiki.
viewfile.php
[/url][/IMG] lets grab them :)

The German Navy may start replacing their Bremen class frigates by 2016. Those frigates are excellent in terms of performance and armaments and are roughly the same displacement as Hamilton class cutters. I think if purchase of other European or South Korean frigates fail then the Bangladesh Navy should at least give those a go. There would be 8 such frigates up for grabs according to Wiki.
viewfile.php
[/url][/IMG] lets grab them :)

price ? :undecided:

HISTORY of USCGS Jarvis

Coast Guard Cutter Jarvis is a 378-foot high endurance cutter homeported in Honolulu, Hawaii. Cutter Jarvis had her keel laid on September 9, 1970 and was launched at Avondale Shipyard in New Orleans on April 24, 1971. She was originally commissioned in Honolulu on August 4, 1972, the Coast Guard's 182nd anniversary. Jarvis holds the honor of being the first Coast Guard vessel to be commissioned in the Hawaiian Islands.

In July of 1990, Jarvis was decommissioned and began the Fleet Renovation and Modernization program (FRAM) at Todd Shipyard in Seattle, Washington. The $55 million stem-to-stern overhaul included engineering, combat systems, electronics, and habitability upgrades which have greatly enhanced Jarvis' mission performance capabilities. Since recommissioning in December of 1992, Jarvis had participated in Alaskan fisheries patrols, a Western Pacific nation building tour, and several exercises with foreign navies.

The cutter is named after Captain David H. Jarvis of the U.S. Revenue Cutter Service. Captain Jarvis served aboard cutters Hamilton, Rush, and Bear. He devoted the majority of his career to pioneering and developing maritime activities in the Bering Sea off of Alaska's northwest coast. While assigned to the Bear, he led the famous three-man expedition to save 300 whalers stranded off Barrow Point, Alaska. Trapped by ice, the harsh environment, and a dwindling food supply, the whalers had little chance of surviving. Through the relentless Arctic winter, Captain Jarvis' expedition drove a herd of reindeer across 1,500 miles of Arctic ice and snow to rescue the starving whalers. For his heroism, he was awarded a special Congressional Gold Medal.

Cutter Jarvis' mission areas today include law enforcement, search and rescue, military readiness and marine environmental protection. Cutter Jarvis is outfitted with two types of propulsion systems. The first system consists of two diesel engines which are used for normal cruising. These 3,600 shaft horsepower Fairbanks-Morse diesels combined with Jarvis' fuel capacity enable the ship to cruise nearly 16,000 nautical miles at a speed of 12 knots. The second system uses two Pratt and Whitney gas turbine engines similar to those found on jet aircraft. Together they produce 36,000 horsepower and can propel the ship at speeds in excess of 28 knots. Her crew includes 21 officers and 157 enlisted men and women.

Jarvis aka somudro joy in action :)
viewfile.php
[/url][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom