What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Type-056 Corvette of Bangladesh Navy firing Type-87 240mm ASW Rocket system.

69780867_533584313885942_1230477756295282688_n.jpg

I was actually asking for the model of C-13B ASW variant.

I don't think tender just a formality. It's kinda seem silly choosing before closing the tender and even publish it. Never saw any example like that even though people talk about it. Anyone is welcome to provide such example here. Either navy is going for two types of LPC or they are building new variant of Durjoy class with western sensors and weapons. Both have possibility. DefRes claimed that KSY will build two Durjoy class LPC and later a navy official confirmed it. The tender also could be for weapon and sensors as Durjoy wasn't supposed be fitted with major western components. So it's either a completely new western design with western components or a new Durjoy design/variant with western components.

And the photo is similar to Padma class OPV not Durjoy. I doubt it's really meant for us even though the flag looks similar and close to ours.

Nothing confirmed. BAF is quite about it. But all the news and talking give a idea at least. Either they already placed order or on the verge of signing the deal. One thing is sure that they are trying to buy American jet.

I think i watched every armed forces talk-show and never heard anyone talked about american jet let alone TOT. Can you share the video from that exact time? That feels like BS to me. Why would USA provide ToT or establish manufacturing plant for fighter jet to a country who isn't USA's close ally and never bought any single major military stuff before?

And BAF won't buy 100 fighter of only one variant. Three will be multi-role, six for air defense and one for maritime strike. So the chance is slim. If anything has chance to come with TOT, it's either J-10C or Gripen. We already have MRO plant, man-power, facilities for Chinese fighter. So it will be easy to absorb the J-10C. Air Chief already said next fighter will be cost effective.

And the recent unveiling of FC-20E at Dubai Airshow clearly states that China is very interested to hold BAF for another 30 years. Cause Pakistan-Myanmar already operate JF-17. Anyone else is seriously looking for MMRCA except BAF? Philippine talked about Gripen and Malaysia didn't show J-10 in their list. Also Brazil got ToT for buying 70 Gripen though they have requirement of 100 jet.

Looks like Syed Amar Khan is right again about China even willing to sell J-10C. ;) :lol: Jokes on us who believed China won't sell C variant. :haha: Why is it so hard to believe that guy?! :lol::rolleyes:

https://www.janes.com/article/92790...SMgbNI3YR-zPdamL-EQgGU-0mHjmY-T6ygFIPcucUwjZA

https://quwa.org/2019/11/24/china-o...HvcZDhIcohSh-KH-sfZ0S9O0sBSKSOCsFS0Il8sVQx8tk
p1742701_main.jpg
Why don't BAF buy Russian jets?

If BAF can stop buying from Russia due to their support for Myanmar, then BAF should also stop buying from China. But it looks like the armed forces of Bangladesh is still opting for Chinese arms.

Why don't BAF buy Russian jets?

If BAF can stop buying from Russia due to their support for Myanmar, then BAF should also stop buying from China. But it looks like the armed forces of Bangladesh is still opting for Chinese arms.
"CAATSA"

But Myanmar won't face any sanctions. They are regular customers of Russian and North Korean arms.
they dont have to because they r alrdy facing various types of sanction imposed by us and EU.....how much do they export to usa??100-200 million?? nd import??500-600 million...on the other hand, we export more thn 5-6 billion worth of goodies to usa alone....nd it is increasing day by day..we cant risk it for only a damn jet..

Last edited:
they have no other options except china nd russia nd they r alrdy facing various types of sanction imposed by us and EU.....how much do they export to usa??100-200 million?? nd import??500-600 million...on the other hand, we export more thn 5-6 billion worth of goodies to usa alone....nd it is increasing day by day..we cant risk it for only a damn jet..
What is the guarantee that Uncle Sam won't try to manipulate Bangladesh after BAF buy their weapons?

I would go for European jets like Mirage, Gripen, Eurofighters etc.

What is the guarantee that Uncle Sam won't try to manipulate Bangladesh after BAF buy their weapons?

I would go for European jets like Mirage, Gripen, Eurofighters etc.

Mirage - out of date.
Euro fighter - too expensive
Gripen- Perfect for BD

Type-056 Corvette of Bangladesh Navy firing Type-87 240mm ASW Rocket system.

69780867_533584313885942_1230477756295282688_n.jpg

I don't think tender just a formality. It's kinda seem silly choosing before closing the tender and even publish it. Never saw any example like that even though people talk about it. Anyone is welcome to provide such example here. Either navy is going for two types of LPC or they are building new variant of Durjoy class with western sensors and weapons. Both have possibility. DefRes claimed that KSY will build two Durjoy class LPC and later a navy official confirmed it. The tender also could be for weapon and sensors as Durjoy wasn't supposed be fitted with major western components. So it's either a completely new western design with western components or a new Durjoy design/variant with western components.

And the photo is similar to Padma class OPV not Durjoy. I doubt it's really meant for us even though the flag looks similar and close to ours.

Nothing confirmed. BAF is quite about it. But all the news and talking give a idea at least. Either they already placed order or on the verge of signing the deal. One thing is sure that they are trying to buy American jet.

I think i watched every armed forces talk-show and never heard anyone talked about american jet let alone TOT. Can you share the video from that exact time? That feels like BS to me. Why would USA provide ToT or establish manufacturing plant for fighter jet to a country who isn't USA's close ally and never bought any single major military stuff before?

And BAF won't buy 100 fighter of only one variant. Three will be multi-role, six for air defense and one for maritime strike. So the chance is slim. If anything has chance to come with TOT, it's either J-10C or Gripen. We already have MRO plant, man-power, facilities for Chinese fighter. So it will be easy to absorb the J-10C. Air Chief already said next fighter will be cost effective.

And the recent unveiling of FC-20E at Dubai Airshow clearly states that China is very interested to hold BAF for another 30 years. Cause Pakistan-Myanmar already operate JF-17. Anyone else is seriously looking for MMRCA except BAF? Philippine talked about Gripen and Malaysia didn't show J-10 in their list. Also Brazil got ToT for buying 70 Gripen though they have requirement of 100 jet.

Looks like Syed Amar Khan is right again about China even willing to sell J-10C. ;) :lol: Jokes on us who believed China won't sell C variant. :haha: Why is it so hard to believe that guy?! :lol::rolleyes:

https://www.janes.com/article/92790...SMgbNI3YR-zPdamL-EQgGU-0mHjmY-T6ygFIPcucUwjZA

https://quwa.org/2019/11/24/china-o...HvcZDhIcohSh-KH-sfZ0S9O0sBSKSOCsFS0Il8sVQx8tk
p1742701_main.jpg
Dbc channel, it was linked in one of the armed forces thread. I read about it in Facebook group, upon inspection I found there’s nothing about American fighters and attack helicopters specifically but the dude did say will acquire attack helicopters and MRCA, also TOT is something they’re looking into before procuring.

Yup - very little info available on the interwebs. Seems C13B is only specialized for Surface warfare, might have different designation for ASW role.

C13B
C = Corvette
13 = 1300 tons
B = Bangladesh

Nigeria variant is heavier for extended endurance and patrols (P18N)
P = Patrol
18 = 1800 tons
N = Nigeria

Well if you are talking about MRCA with TOT, other than Mig35 & JF 17, nothing is available.

USA aren't going to give anyone TOT for few pesky number.

USA give TOT for Indonesia in 1991 F 16 deal for just only 12 planes, Indonesia got Offset to produce F 16 wings in PT Dirgantara Indonesia.

Last edited:
USA give TOT for Indonesia in 1991 F 16 deal for just only 12 planes, Indonesia got Offset to produce F 16 wings in PT Dirgantara Indonesia.
that's before 911 era things were different when it comes to arms sales now it's wouldn't be easy to get ToT. There would have to be a big volume for US to consider ToT.

that's before 911 era things were different when it comes to arms sales now it's wouldn't be easy to get ToT. There would have to be a big volume for US to consider ToT.

Substantial TOT can only happen with US strong ally like South Korea and Japan. For instant, just buying 45 F 35 Korea got 21 technologies from US to build KFX fighter.

I believe some TOT can still be acquired from US with the purchase less than 1 billion USD, it is why Indonesia now can do Mid Life Upgrade for its F 16 A/B which is conducted by Air Force maintenance depot and PT Dirgantara Indonesia (Indonesia Aerospace). Those F 16 A/B life will be prolong until the next 20-25 years and can carry AMRAAM.

Source in Indonesian language

https://tekno.tempo.co/read/1185762/pesawat-f-16-tni-au-diupgrade-dilengkapi-bom-canggih-jdam

Well ...
This is what I was talking about few days ago. A model of C13B with Sonar & ASW weapons were presented by CSSC.
mmexport1574274549721-jpg.590638

@Bilal9 @The Ronin

I guess j10 can also be counted in this no?
I guess that depends. I think we can get TOT for majority of the spares & components .
How much they are offering anyway ? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom