What's new

Bangladesh Navy

The addition of these 2 “second-hand” vessels are a MAJOR upgrade for BN capability.

So yes....second hand is just fine.

The addition of these 2 “second-hand” vessels are a MAJOR upgrade for BN capability.

So yes....second hand is just fine.

I am not sure whether it is a good idea to buy so much 2nd hand frigates that BD will have problems scrapping in 10-15 years.

Whatever BD buys will be no deterrence to IN and the MAF is already massively outgunned by BN.
BN should just wait a few years for the next-gen frigates to come into service.

I am not sure whether it is a good idea to buy so much 2nd hand frigates that BD will have problems scrapping in 10-15 years.

Whatever BD buys will be no deterrence to IN and the MAF is already massively outgunned by BN.

No.

Buy the second hand vessels and get your Navy’s hands dirty.

A lot of lessons are learned by just doing.

Better to buy old vessels and put them into service now then to wait for your fancy new and more expensive models years later.

After some proficiency is achieved, buying new models are a good idea.

Remember a culture of competence takes time to achieve.

Just buying fancy weapons and not know how to effectively employ them is an expensive waste of time.

No.

Better to buy old vessels and put them into service now then to wait for your fancy new and more expensive models years later.

Just buying fancy weapons and not know how to effectively employ them is an expensive waste of time.

BD has a lot of vessels that it can train on. Does it really need to buy even more?

Also by the end of this year it will have 4 modern Type-056 corvettes that are just as heavily armed as these frigates, and the systems on these will be far better preparation for the next-gen frigates than these really old ships.

Anyway, BN seems like a very professional force to me and so I am inclined to trust their judgement.

BD has a lot of vessels that it can train on. Does it really need to buy even more?

Also by the end of this year it will have 4 modern Type-056 corvettes that are just as heavily armed as these frigates, and the systems on these will be far better preparation for the next-gen frigates than these really old ships.

Anyway, BN seems like a very professional force to me and so I am inclined to trust their judgement.

So then embrace the Mings and Type 053H3.

I think in terms of procurement the BN is doing a fine job.

The one Type 53H1 frigate and two Hamilton class cutter will be decommissioned or used for training as those have little service life left. Plus you can't cover the whole maritime boundary with only five ships and gotta patrol on rotation to keep BN's presence in BoB for 24/7.

No.

I remember the time when Yamato and mushashi was built, it was so high tech and so expensive to build that the Japanese ended up not using it in war in fear of loosing it. So I think @Avicenna conclusion is right

I remember the time when Yamato and mushashi was built, it was so high tech and so expensive to build that the Japanese ended up not using it in war in fear of loosing it. So I think @Avicenna conclusion is right

Like I say BN seems very professional force and so inclined to think they know what they are doing.

Imagine inshAllah 2 Type 053H3, 2 Type 053H2, and Bangabandhu as front line units.

The 2 Hamiltons and the older Type 05H1 can either be retired or be used for training.

This is a MAJOR upgrade in capabilities.

This is not even including the Type 056 and smaller vessels in service and coming in the future.

And then plan nicely for the Future Indigenous Frigate Program.

Last edited:
Imagine inshAllah 2 Type 053H2, 2 Type 053H2, and Bangabandhu as front line units.

The 2 Hamiltons and the older Type 05H1 can either be retired or be used for training.

This is a MAJOR upgrade in capabilities.

This is not even including the Type 056 and smaller vessels in service and coming in the future.

And then plan nicely for the Future Indigenous Frigate Program.

The Type-56 corvettes are better at anti-air than any of the other ships bar the Bangabandhu. They also pack 4 long-range C802AShm.

There is an AESA radar on the two new Type-056 due to come into service this year and that will be able to provide very long range radar warning for the rest of the fleet. This radar is far better than that on the Bangabandhu.

I do wonder if the Type 053H3 have been retrofitted with the HQ-10 instead of HQ-7.

There is an AESA radar on the two new Type-056 due to come into service this year and that will be able to provide very long range radar warning for the rest of the fleet. This radar is far better than that on the Bangabandhu.

BNS BB also got radar upgrade which is Thales SMART-S Mk5. While the new C13B probably got SR2410C phased-array radar which is an analogous counterpart to the Thales SMART-S Mk2. Also BNS Abu Bakr got new phased-array radar upgrade too. So how C-13B's radar range is better when the old radar of BNS BB could cover 200km range already??

I do wonder if the Type 053H3 have been retrofitted with the HQ-10 instead of HQ-7.

No, those will come as "Hot purchase", without any major upgrade or change. May be they will do it later after those arrive in BD.

BNS BB also got radar upgrade which is Thales SMART-S Mk5. While the new C13B probably got SR2410C phased-array radar which is an analogous counterpart to the Thales SMART-S Mk2. Also BNS Abu Bakr got new phased-array radar upgrade too. So how C-13B's radar range is better when the old radar of BNS BB could cover 200km range already??

OK. I did not know that and stand corrected.

No, those will come as "Hot purchase", without any major upgrade or change. May be they will do it later after those arrive in BD.

According to the great source of Wikipedia, supposedly all Type 053H3 have been re fitted with HQ-10 as a mid life update.

According to the great source of Wikipedia, supposedly all Type 053H3 have been re fitted with HQ-10 as a mid life update.

Nyah!! :lol::lol:

Wiki "Ganja" khay. :cheesy: Also the one they are gifting to Cambodia has same old SAM system.

upload_2018-8-14_2-19-9.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom