What's new

Bangladesh navy will get Amphibious Transport Dock.

Not worth it to be the 2nd largest.
It would be more wise to have a large arsenal of subs what Pakistan is doing.
Easier to attack,hide and defend.

Sub tracking is fiction.... much easier said than done...

I agree BD needs a large fleet of subs.

To maintain a successful submarine warfare capability you also need a strong surface presence. These are mutually complementing fleet arms.

Subs need safe sea lanes and areas to use as base/launch pads for their activities. Subs must fall back to friendly waters to replenish, maintenance and reequip. Without a credible surface fleet enemy anti submarine platforms like ASW ships, Patrol Aircraft and mine warfare vessels will have an absolute upper hand even inside you deep sea boundary. Let alone those enemy maritime territories you want to control.

Germans too had an strong U boat fleet. Didn't help them a bit at the end.

To maintain a successful submarine warfare capability you also need a strong surface presence. These are mutually complementing fleet arms.

Subs need safe sea lanes and areas to use as base/launch pads for their activities. Subs must fall back to friendly waters to replenish, maintenance and reequip. Without a credible surface fleet enemy anti submarine platforms like ASW ships, Patrol Aircraft and mine warfare vessels will have an absolute upper hand even inside you deep sea boundary. Let alone those enemy maritime territories you want to control.

Germans too had an strong U boat fleet. Didn't help them a bit at the end.

BN surface fleet is growing well and will complement the subs. BN primary focus is to ensure complete surveillance capacity and prevention of blockade. This objective is being realised.

Next step is to develop capacity to take fight to the enemy and increase operational capacity beyond our borders.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom