What's new

Bangladesh Navy indigenous Frigate development program.

I never doubted your ability to build a frigate,but I differ over your design capability.

With Chinese consultants helping it can be easily done.
After these frigates are built with Chinese assistance, then the next ones can have a hull designed
completely in BD.
Over a span of 2-3 decades, BD can incorporate more and more indigenous sub-components like sensors
and missiles into it's warships.

I would like to hear more about indias current aircraft carrier from @Penguin and his thoughts on regards to what US military have to say about Indian AC

We certainly have the industry, manpower and capability to build such a ship. Funding is only needed but it's smart to incorporate licensed built tech into own design than developing a new system altogether wasting resources. Many car companies do this nowadays licensing, leasing or co developing software, tech needed to push forward as its more economically viable for economically small nation. Ex EUROPE and US

With all due respect to your view - the time isn't really ripe to go into building AC's for Bangladesh Navy. Only Thailand is an exception (their AC built in Spain is rather small and is known jokingly as the world's largest 'Royal yacht').

AC have to be justified by naval doctrine and AFAIK ours does not dictate one - yet. The Vikrant being built in India is only 40,000 tons, rather small by US standards (newer US AC's are all in the 100,000 ton class).

We could however start small by inducting LHA's or Helicopter carriers, which is where modern naval thinking for amphibious operations is going for parking a support ship offshore. The Japanese are big proponents of LHA's. Here is JDS Hyuga.

1024px-SH-60K_%288440%29_vliegt_boven_Hy%C5%ABga_tijdens_oefening_Dawn_Blitz_2015%2C_-4_september_2015_a.jpg

Here is the ENS Anwar El Sadat Heli-Carrier of the Egyptian Navy (French Mistral class),
1024px-ENS_Anwar_El_Sadat_%28L1020%29_Helicopter_Carrier.jpg

The bottom door in the rear opens to allow amphibious tanks and LCTs to carry troops and reinforcements off shore while the top is a landing pad for Helis.

I never doubted your ability to build a frigate,but I differ over your design capability.
Sir, lets not piss on BD parade on this tread. Most members in this forum use BD or china flag are Pakistanis to create animosity between Indians and neighbors .

With all due respect to your view - the time isn't really ripe to go into building AC's for Bangladesh Navy.

He is talking about building frigates.

And don't you think that you must build a commercial vessel comparable in size before dreaming about ACs ?

The Vikrant being built in India is only 40,000 tons, rather small by US standards

And huge by Bangladeshi standards, if there is one.

He is talking about building frigates.

And don't you think that you must build a commercial vessel comparable in size before dreaming about ACs ?

And huge by Bangladeshi standards, if there is one.
what are yo trying to prove ? that India is mighty in this field? grow up man...this thread is related to Bangladesh and instead of congratulating them, as usual you particularly of all Indians are whining about this and that, show me your indigenous capability blah blah blah...behaving like a 8th grade kid...we know how indigenous your products are...just don't pollute this thread with proving that India is light years ahead and all others are still in stone age...!

what are yo trying to prove ? that India is mighty in this field? grow up man...this thread is related to Bangladesh and instead of congratulating them, as usual you particularly of all Indians are whining about this and that, show me your indigenous capability blah blah blah...behaving like a 8th grade kid...we know how indigenous your products are...just don't pollute this thread with India is light years ahead and all others are still in stone age...!

Too much India hatred has affected your thinking. Bangladeshi members were bragging about 'Indigenous design capability'- I asked for a proof of the same. simple.

Too much India hatred has affected your thinking. Bangladeshi members were bragging about 'Indigenous design capability'- I asked for a proof of the same. simple.
In second post he clearly said it will be a joint design with China and over time it will be BDs own...!
Its you who is suffering from inferiority complex, classic example of a person trying to prove everywhere that I am the best...!

So what...when he said it will be BD's I believe it will be theirs and they can do it if they are determined to do it...should they prove to you first that they can do it and then ask for permission?

You got no clue of what you are talking about. So I wouldn't say anything, :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom