What's new

Bangladesh Navy got new warship ‘Surma’ - Made in Bangladesh.

Source please..... I found it is 7x in total. 5x 350 ton Padma class and 2x 648 ton Durjoy class.

The 2x Castle class are of different contract.. There might be 2x Type-56 corvettes as well in a different contract

Source:

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/01/24/padma-latest-bangladesh-navy-warship

UNBconnect... - China-built

daily sun | metropolis | BNS Bijoy joins navy fleet

durjoy class or type 056 corvette are different things,

As of April,2010 the rapid modernization program of BN involves order of:

2x F-22B guided missile frigate (China),
2x Jianghu-III guided missile frigate (China),
2x 600 ton large patrol craft/missile corvette (China),
1x Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous),
1x Fleet Replenishment Oil Tanker (Indigenous),
2x LCU (Indigenous),
1x Salvage ship (Indigenous),
12x Patrol boats (Indigenous),
3x Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (China),
C-802 ASM missiles for 3 frigate and 4 missile boats (China),
FM-90N SAM for 3 frigates (China) - already fitted on board BNS Bangabandhu.
2x Type 056 corvette (China)

On discussion:

3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea),
New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China),
2x Submarine (Turkey / Germany / South Korea / China).

i will post the link about 7 corvette when i found it, i saw it somewhere.

BN will now build another three (but some other report said another 25) of this patrol craft. Then it will go after building two units of 056 stealth corvettes with technical collaboration from China and after it receives two made-in-China 056s. This is what we have read in defense magazines.

BD should bite only what it can swallow. However, a time is not far away when we will build our own frigates and destroyers, albeit, with China's technical collaboration. It can happen five years from now. Our shipbuilding industry and technology are good, we are building ships for European market.

I think building stealth ASW vessels are necessary in this century. Btw it's cool to export to Europe, can you inform me a little bit more on this? :)

She and her sister ship BNS Padma are the two of 5 warship to be built by Bangladesh (Source: http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/01/24/padma-latest-bangladesh-navy-warship). After the delivery of all 5, according to last Naval Chief, Bangladesh may go for bigger ships possibly the 650 ton BNS Durjoy class or bigger. Nothing is for sure by the way....

thanks in advance! I'd be glad to see BN producing it's own frigate in near future

2x LCU (Indigenous),

On discussion:

3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea),

I think maritime patrol aircraft Dornier-228 is also included in BN inventory

Bangladesh Navy has more bigger plan... actual plan to procure total 4-6 durjoy class vessels, 1 Command vessel, total 8 frigates , total 6-8 corvette, 3 Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (additional), 4 submarines excluding other vessels which are mentioned above.

I think maritime patrol aircraft Dornier-228 is also joined in there stock

yes it is , i forgot to mention

2x LCU (Indigenous),

On discussion:

Thanks for the list with no source information. So far, good sources were found for many items on the list. However, there are items which no source was found except for Fanboy things. For example: No source were found for F-22B, Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous), LCU, Salvage ship (Indigenous), 12x Patrol boats (Indigenous), 3x Z-9C, 2x Type 056 corvette, 3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea), New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China).

Bangladesh Navy has more bigger plan... actual plan to procure total 4-6 durjoy class vessels, 1 Command vessel, total 8 frigates , total 6-8 corvette, 3 Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (additional), 4 submarines excluding other vessels which are mentioned above.

yes it is , i forgot to mention

Yeah! like you are the Admiral of Bangladesh navy and you know what is the plan....:omghaha::omghaha:

Thanks for the list with no source information. So far, good sources were found for many items on the list. However, there are items which no source was found except for Fanboy things. For example: No source were found for F-22B, Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous), LCU, Salvage ship (Indigenous), 12x Patrol boats (Indigenous), 3x Z-9C, 2x Type 056 corvette, 3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea), New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China).

Yeah! like you are the Admiral of Bangladesh navy and you know what is the plan....:omghaha::omghaha:

you know last time you argued with me, i shut your mouth. do study on these issues before say something

Back
Top Bottom