What's new

Bangladesh Military prepares for a WAR against Myanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people know the term "hustler"?Its a slang for people who hides his abilities and raises the stakes in games,and then pulls it off.
The article could be fake,I mean untrue.The reason is to give Bangladesh a surprise during war,as we will be underestimating their capabilities.So better leave these things on the Intelligence guys.

Bro, we're not also disclosing everything we have, do we?? My uncle is in service with the BN(Lieut. Commander) and he confidently says that Bangladesh Navy even has the capability to completely destroy the Myanmar Navy(note that I'm not talking about the land forces). He also mentioned several reasons behind this. And we're gonna acquire subs by 2012... so, whos gonna stop us??:azn:

Sorry for my ignorance -
What is exactly the problem that is causing tensions between BD & Myanmar? I mean, whats the central issue for which both countries can have a war?

I too would like to know,Is there any tension between these two countries . I never heard anything of it , Guy please share if you have any info

Bro, we're not also disclosing everything we have, do we?? My uncle is in service with the BN(Lieut. Commander) and he confidently says that Bangladesh Navy even has the capability to completely destroy the Myanmar Navy(note that I'm not talking about the land forces). He also mentioned several reasons behind this. And we're gonna acquire subs by 2012... so, whos gonna stop us??:azn:

Still don't be over confident bro;)

Alhamdulillah its good to hear what your uncle said.

Their land force is almost around 400000,which is almost 3 times than Bangladesh army.But I think we will find lot of demoralised soldiers there,could be possible.After all they are used to kill innocent civilians but our army is used to protect our civilians.Just my thought,might not be true.

I too would like to know,Is there any tension between these two countries . I never heard anything of it , Guy please share if you have any info

Last year Myanmar entered well inside Bangladesh territory to explore gas.There was a naval stand off which was solved diplomatically with help from China.

Now,Burmese forces started to mobilise their troops on BD-Burma border,also their navy is brought near the border>which naturally causes tension.

Going back almost 20 years ago,both the countries almost went to war when lakhs of Rohingya muslims were persecuted in Burma and they fled to Bangladesh.Still we have these refugees,who are suffering.

And the border skirmishes are common.

whats the central issue for which both countries can have a war?

The central issue is territory.The same problem we are having with India.Parts of Bay of Bengal,supposedly rich with gas and oil.
Probably there will not be a war,but you really can not trust the Burmeses Junta,can you?They are too unpredictable.
Its probably another stand off,show of strength.That's all.

The main difference is that, BD soldiers would be fighting for their country while they wopuld be fighting for a paycheck.

Last year Myanmar entered well inside Bangladesh territory to explore gas.There was a naval stand off which was solved diplomatically with help from China.
China did not help us.The South Koreans did ,one of their companies was involved in the sea bed drilling.

In another development, the Myanmar authorities are trying to construct a dam on the Dabfari Khal on the Myanmar side opposite to Ulubunia frontier in Hoaikong union of Teknaf upazila. In 2001, they also made a similar attempt but later retreated in the face of stiff protest by BDR personnel. Teknaf OC Jamal Uddin Chowdhury said BDR patrol has been strengthened in the area.
what dam is this?Can anybody explain the importance of this dam?why did the BDr stop them?
and they have taken lots of our fishermen prisoners,if our naval forces are stronger than theirs how is it possible?

Border with Myanmar calm: Hasan Mahmud

State Minister for Foreign Affairs Hasan Mahmud Wednesday claimed Bangladesh's frontier with Myanmar remained clam and border trade between the two neighbours continued normally, dispelling fear about troop buildups on the other side. — UNB

Border with Myanmar calm: Hasan Mahmud

Border tense over Myanmar’s
fencing move

Staff Correspondent
Myanmar has reinforced its border forces with additional troops after unilaterally starting construction of a barbed-wire fence on the border, indicating fresh tension after the stand-off in the Bay of Bengal between the two next-door neighbours in November.
The foreign minister, Dipu Moni, refused to comment on the reported barbed-wire fencing along the border by Myanmar with the backing of its troops.
‘I do not like to voice any opinion now. We will firm up our stance after considering the situation,’ she told reporters on Tuesday at her office when she was asked to comment on the government’s position on the latest development along the Bangladesh-Myanmar border.
Even foreign secretary Md Touhid Hossain and home secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder told New Age that they had not received any information about Myanmar’s move to erect a fence along border.
The newly appointed home secretary, Abdus Sobhan Sikder, said that the Coast Guard and the deputy commissioner of Cox’s Bazar had told him that a new contingent of troops had been mobilised across the Naaf River, and Myanmar was starting construction of infrastructure for them, not erecting a fence.
After hearing that the military regime of Yangon has mobilised more border guards and stockpiled materials for erecting the fence, the government ordered the Bangladesh Rifles to remain alert along the 200km border with Myanmar.
Quoting an unnamed BDR official in Teknaf, New Age’s correspondent from Rangamati reported that jawans of the Bangladesh Rifles have been put on high alert with an additional number of forces.
‘We have deployed additional forces and ordered them to remain alert. We have been monitoring the situation and are apprising the higher authorities of the latest developments. Myanmar has deployed additional forces from Akiyab to Ghumdhum and stocked the necessary materials at different points to build the fence on the border,’ an official of the 42nd Battalion of the Bangladesh Rifles, stationed at Teknaf, told the correspondent on Tuesday evening.
Myanmar started deploying additional forces and stocking materials to fence the frontier that stretches from Nainkhiongchhari upazila of Bandarban hill district since March 14 without the consent of Bangladesh, which is a violation of the bilateral accord, observed an official of 15th Battalion of the BDR, which is stationed there. ‘We are ready, alert and vigilant and have gathered additional forces as Nasaka is trying to build a fence inside their territory,’ added the official.
An official of the foreign ministry told this correspondent that Myanmar reinforced its border since the stand-off in the Bay of Bengal in November when Myanmar intruded into Bangladesh’s territorial waters for exploration of oil and gas.
But the ministry did not have any information about the construction of a fence along Bangladesh border.
The foreign ministry official hinted that Bangladesh has no objection to the barbed-wire fence if it is built solely on Myanmar’s territory, since it would curb smuggling and illegal trespassing.

http://www.newagebd.com/2009/mar/18/front.html#5

Burmese already sent their claim of Maritime boundary to UN drawing their own map. This is just another show of arrogance and stupidity. Now they are trying to show off some of their strength as they said that BD insulted them by kicking them out of their water. Those military junta does not even know what insult means.
They should remember 1978 when BD army took over their significant amount of land, when we did not even have any army.

China did not help us.The South Koreans did ,one of their companies was involved in the sea bed drilling.

what dam is this?Can anybody explain the importance of this dam?why did the BDr stop them?
and they have taken lots of our fishermen prisoners,if our naval forces are stronger than theirs how is it possible?

Well as far as I knew China wasacting like a moderator.

That's possible because Bangladesh Navy is not US navy,it can't petrol its territory completely,there are gaps.

Just see this funny story...
The Daily Ittefaq - March 22, 2009

Here what it says that, those burmese soldiers flee to BD as they lost their magzine. They felt safer in BD than their superiors.. Hahahahahahah

5 Myanmar nationals arrested
Our Correspondent, Bandarban

Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) and members of Ansar-VDP arrested five Myanmar nationals in separate drives from bordering Thanchi and Naikhongchhari upazilas yesterday.

Of the arrested, three are believed to be members of Myanmar Army while two other members of intelligence agencies, official sources said.

Sources in local law enforcement agencies said a team of BDR arrested Sai Tha Loi Rakhaine, Mong Sai Tha and Cha Tha Rakhaine from a pagoda in Thanchi area. The plainclothes persons claimed themselves as member of Myanmar Army, they added.

They said one of the members of Myanmar Army who was on duty to survey a pillar in the bordering area lost magazine of his arms and fled to Bangladesh with two of his colleagues fearing punishment.

The arrestees were taken to local BDR zone headquarters to verify their statements.

Meanwhile, members of the Ansar and VDP with the help of local people arrested Nurul Hossain, 20, and Hossain Ahmed, 18, while the two Myanmar citizens were taking photographs of bordering areas in Naikhongchhari upazila.

They were later handed over to BDR.

Tension runs high along the Bangladesh-Myanmar borders in the recent days as the neighbouring country started erecting barbed-wire fences unilaterally on 200-kilometre land borders with Bangladesh, sources said.

The Daily Star - Details News

They weren't just avoiding punishment but tried to enter BD for spying.We surely have hell lot of activities at burmese border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom