What's new

Bangladesh is Rebuilding its Navy

Complete wastage of money. Bangladesh doesn't even need a navy. How about investing money in the IT/Auto/Pharmaceutical/Hardware industry instead?

Bangladesh is not India dumbo.
first talk about yourself... having two aircraft carrier based battle groups while leaving half of the population leaving in starving and sanitation problem is not logical

See? We need the navy to keep holding the title of Evil India:lol:
you do not need navy to keep holding tittle of Evil India, you are by born evil :rofl:

Complete wastage of money. Bangladesh doesn't even need a navy. How about investing money in the IT/Auto/Pharmaceutical/Hardware industry instead?

Although the remarks above are quite sophomoric I will still bite.

Bangladesh is a sovereign country, it is not land-locked like some countries in the subcontinent and hence deserves a Navy. Not a Blue-water Navy like India - but a strong brown water one nonetheless. It is not up to India or Indians to dictate whether Bangladesh wants a Navy - or not. Or what type of Navy it should have either. Dadagiri is not a sustainable principle in the longer term.

Being a sovereign country Bangladesh reserves the right to defend its borders (maritime borders and EEZ enforcement) and maintain a strong defensive deterrent force - especially a modern Navy which is already as numerically well-equipped as Pakistan (with the notable exception of submarines and ASW aircraft). The submarines and ASW aircraft is being added as well.

I'd venture to add that the people employed in our defense forces take pride in being as well-educated and professional (if not more) than the rest of the forces in the sub-continent. Ask your armed forces personnel - they know this quite well. The exploits of the East Pakistani Pilot aces in most of the India Pakistan wars (M.M. Alam?) - as well as the East Pakistani tank commandos in the battle of Khemkaran sector are legend. I don't have to mention the Mukti Bahini frogmen either in 1971. These have been discussed ad-infinitum in various forums. The myth about Bangladeshis being non-martial was a Raj-era story that was farthest from the truth. The British did not like their soldiers to have brains.

Although some in India aren't aware of these - there are plenty of IT/Auto/Pharmaceutical/Hardware industry ventures in Bangladesh in addition to ship-building and garments sector industries. I don't worry about Bangladesh becoming a second-world economy in the next decade. It is already happening. One needs to be well-informed about a country's economy before one can comment on it.

Today Bangladesh needs to concentrate more on naval shipbuilding as an industry for export than weapons races with neighbors. It needs to build its own Navy using indigenous designs and resources and is quite capable of doing it. Bangladeshi yards compare well with your best yards - e.g. Goa, Pipavav and L&T, in modern facilities if not size. Just ask your Indian ambassador in Bangladesh, he has toured them.

And it is already doing this for increased export revenue. Propaganda from RSS and Indian Conservative quarters notwithstanding I don't think Indians need to worry about a Bangladesh armed to the teeth as a thorn in its side. Most Bangladeshis want essentially what most Indians want at the end of the day - that is to work, earn money and feed their families.

Although the remarks above are quite sophomoric I will still bite.

Bangladesh is a sovereign country, it is not land-locked like some countries in the subcontinent and hence deserves a Navy. Not a Blue-water Navy like India - but a strong brown water one nonetheless. It is not up to India or Indians to dictate whether Bangladesh wants a Navy - or not. Or what type of Navy it should have either. Dadagiri is not a sustainable principle in the longer term.

Being a sovereign country Bangladesh reserves the right to defend its borders (maritime borders and EEZ enforcement) and maintain a strong defensive deterrent force - especially a modern Navy which is already as numerically well-equipped as Pakistan (with the notable exception of submarines and ASW aircraft). The submarines and ASW aircraft is being added as well.

I'd venture to add that the people employed in our defense forces take pride in being as well-educated and professional (if not more) than the rest of the forces in the sub-continent. Ask your armed forces personnel - they know this quite well. The exploits of the East Pakistani Pilot aces in most of the India Pakistan wars (M.M. Alam?) - as well as the East Pakistani tank commandos in the battle of Khemkaran sector are legend. I don't have to mention the Mukti Bahini frogmen either in 1971. These have been discussed ad-infinitum in various forums. The myth about Bangladeshis being non-martial was a Raj-era story that was farthest from the truth. The British did not like their soldiers to have brains.

Although some in India aren't aware of these - there are plenty of IT/Auto/Pharmaceutical/Hardware industry ventures in Bangladesh in addition to ship-building and garments sector industries. I don't worry about Bangladesh becoming a second-world economy in the next decade. It is already happening. One needs to be well-informed about a country's economy before one can comment on it.

Today Bangladesh needs to concentrate more on naval shipbuilding as an industry for export than weapons races with neighbors. It needs to build its own Navy using indigenous designs and resources and is quite capable of doing it. Bangladeshi yards compare well with your best yards - e.g. Goa, Pipavav and L&T, in modern facilities if not size. Just ask your Indian ambassador in Bangladesh, he has toured them.

And it is already doing this for increased export revenue. Propaganda from RSS and Indian Conservative quarters notwithstanding I don't think Indians need to worry about a Bangladesh armed to the teeth as a thorn in its side. Most Bangladeshis want essentially what most Indians want at the end of the day - that is to work, earn money and feed their families.
are you talking with logic with that indian ? LOL leave that bro, they do not worth to get reply with logic :D

first talk about yourself... having two aircraft carrier based battle groups while leaving half of the population leaving in starving and sanitation problem is not logical

The only way to bring a population out of poverty is via science and technology and India is following the right trajectory. Bangladesh must first build a strong technological base in the country before pursuing useless ambitions. Investing in a space program would be a good starting point.

you do not need navy to keep holding tittle of Evil India, you are by born evil :rofl:

Yeah. Kaffirs are born evil. Lets just hope they reform before they die else we all know what awaits them in the hereafter.

I don't worry about Bangladesh becoming a second-world economy in the next decade. It is already happening. One needs to be well-informed about a country's economy before one can comment on it.

@Bilal9
Can you share some links to prove that 'it is already happening'? Would like to update myself.

Last edited:
The only way to bring a population out of poverty is via science and technology and India is following the right trajectory. Bangladesh must first build a strong technological base in the country before pursuing useless ambitions. Investing in a space program would be a good starting point.

Yeah. Kaffirs are born evil. Lets just hope they're reform before they die else we all know what awaits them in the hereafter.
afraid to mention me ? :D

bold part: first go for basic needs :lol:
2nd part: kaffirs ? no, replace it with Indian :lol:

Are you the reincarnation of Steve Jobs? :D

I've made my point. Over and Out :D
Rottenecards_9855574_6538ch5z5g.png

I agree that BN should look for S-20 subs , I can not say how many they should acquire but at least one should be build in Bangladesh .. they should also look for an average Air force ... they can go for J-10s or maybe jf-17 ... plus I also think they should get some small range SAM's or MANPAD's like Anza 3 ...

every country have a right to build its Armed forces ... to protect your homeland from any invaders ... the closest example I can give in Kuwait .. they have good economy but with very little armed forces they were invaded by Iraqi's ...

I'd like to hear your rationale for saying that

@Bilal9
Can you share some links to prove that 'it is already happening'? Would like to update myself.

You can google ' Bangladesh better than india' then see the links that come up. I am not able to post links.

I think these old links are only the start of what is being reported in the Indian press. Look for one, quoting the Legatum global index, Google,

"Bangladesh overtakes India in overall prosperity"

GDP is only one side of the story.

its called building not rebuilding think BD navy was not strong in past as its today

its called building not rebuilding think BD navy was not strong in past as its today

It was numerically the same strength - only that the ships were of much older vintage - i.e. 60's ex-British Navy vessels and very few with Missile and ECM suites like we have now.

At this time the lead frigate of the Navy (F25 BNS BangaBandhu - modified Ulsan class) stands as the most modern and sophisticated ship of almost all vessels in the subcontinent, even considering larger vessels in other countries.

Starting with F25 - an effort was started ten years ago to modernize and standardize the different class of vessels from Frigates all the way down to OPVs. Also - indigenization and large-scale local fabrication started in earnest. I think we're about 50% done with some stop-gap measures and a long way to go. When done this will be a modern deterrent force for a country the size of ours.

Last edited:
The way Bangladesh is working on it's navy it looks like that either they are planning to challenge us on Indian ocean or their fleets of F3 will bombard our cities.We are open for dialogues. Please take your time else you will have blood of hundred thousand hindus on your hand.

Back
Top Bottom