What's new

Bangladesh has more internet penetration than India, Pakistan far behind

its not about how often you get active in FB its about how much accounts Bangladeshis have on FB if you get active even once in a year it still count.
Those are one timer in a year are rarely open more than one account.Youtube was banned in Pakistan for a long time,so facebook was used more intensely by Pakistani people.Which means more multiple account than compared to Bangladesh.This may be the reason for more facebook account in Pakistan with less number of internet user than BD.

Last edited:
Those are one timer in a year are rarely open more than one account.Youtube was is banned in Pakistan for a long time,so facebook was used more intensely by Pakistani people.Which means more multiple account than compared to Bangladesh.This may be the reason for more facebook account in Pakistan with less number of internet user than BD.

lol still even YouTube has more Pakistanis presence then Bangalis. about more then one account and all that happen in all social networking every where including YT. you thin those 21 million Bangalis in FB all have only one account? you claims are contradictory or you didnt get my point at the first place. already told you i dont have issue with Bangladesh have 66 million or 666 million internet users my concerns were only fore Pakistan and for comparison i use statistics provided in thread.

That is because there are so many Bengali people in India also, combined they have huge presence on YouTube
It is true that,Indian Bengali viewers add up.But if you observe the Bengali contents in youtube for few days, than you will notice 90 percent Bengali videos are uploaded from Bangladesh and viewers are overwhelmingly from Bangladesh.Even the videos uploaded from West Bengal, most of the views and comments come from Bangladesh.I am not saying,internet uses are comparatively less in West Bengal or other Bengali dominated areas in India.But they seems to more interested about Hindi or other Indian stuff than Bengali one.

lol still even YouTube has more Pakistanis presence then Bangalis. about more then one account and all that happen in all social networking every where including YT. you thin those 21 million Bangalis in FB all have only one account? you claims are contradictory or you didnt get my point at the first place. already told you i dont have issue with Bangladesh have 66 million or 666 million internet users my concerns were only fore Pakistan and for comparison i use statistics provided in thread.
OK, Dig out the real reason for low Pakistani internet users statistics and let us know.I have nothing against if Pakistani internet user number suppress that of Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Due to massive coverage of 3g networks exploded internet users. Despite starting late I guess we have better coverage than Pakistan and India.

Well as usual the neighbor's agents are spreading lies around the world. If you go to the ITU, Wikipedia or UN site, Bangladesh' internet penetration is shown as lower than anyone in South Asia. While if you look at the latest stats as of March 2017,

ASIA=====Popn( 2017 Est.)==Internet Users, 31-Mar-17==Penetration(% Population)==Facebook users ,30 Jun-16
Bangladesh===164,827,718==66,965,000============40.6 %================21,000,000
Pakistan=====196,744,376==35,835,400============18.2 %================27,000,000
India======1,342,512,706==462,124,989===========34.4 %===============157,000,000

Source:
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats3.htm#asia

Even this data is dated, as the previous published report shows that our Internet penetration rate has reached 44.43%.

Yeah post more websites that look like they were made in the 90s and never changed since lol....and simply collating what whichever source claims rather than attempting any standardisation (like they themselves have said in the about page).

If you want to compare active connections of 2016 to 2017, go ahead and do that. But you still dont seem to understand connections do not equal users k? One guy on this very forum already said he had like 5 different connections in BD, he is just one user. If average user has X number of connections that is higher than 1, what you think that does to the user number vs connection number? Simple math much?

Don't say the ITU data is old silly. They measure standardised users.....no one serious is going to say BD suddenly added 40 - 50 million users in one year....well maybe yourself (and the others adding thanks to your stupid claim) excluded.

ITU report for 2017 will slap you badly and strongly as usual....but you lot are used to it by now.

Its the kind of thing that carries strongly in BD naturally.....like genocide numbers. Ignorance well and twilight zone.

Yeah post more websites that look like they were made in the 90s and never changed since lol....and simply collating what whichever source claims rather than attempting any standardisation (like they themselves have said in the about page).

If you want to compare active connections of 2016 to 2017, go ahead and do that. But you still dont seem to understand connections do not equal users k? One guy on this very forum already said he had like 5 different connections in BD, he is just one user. If average user has X number of connections that is higher than 1, what you think that does to the user number vs connection number? Simple math much?

Don't say the ITU data is old silly. They measure standardised users.....no one serious is going to say BD suddenly added 40 - 50 million users in one year....well maybe yourself (and the others adding thanks to your stupid claim) excluded.

ITU report for 2017 will slap you badly and strongly as usual....but you lot are used to it by now.

Its the kind of thing that carries strongly in BD naturally.....like genocide numbers. Ignorance well and twilight zone.

The numbers would include people with 3g connections and so this would make sense.

BD leads India in some areas and India is ahead in others.

You need to get out of this trying to put BD down all the time as it makes you look childish.

The numbers would include people with 3g connections and so this would make sense.

BD leads India in some areas and India is ahead in others.

You need to get out of this trying to put BD down all the time as it makes you look childish.

Haha whatever you say:

https://www.akamai.com/us/en/about/...f-the-internet-connectivity-visualization.jsp

So why compare with country figures which do not count such in theirs? Its not a standardised measurement....when things are standardised, BD does worse than the region.

Screenshot_20170701-015718.png

i remember pakistan ranked higher than India and Bangladesh around 2008 as i remember creating thread regarding it on orkut (2008 or 2009)

maybe the delayed 3g and 4g services in Pakistan is one of the reason

Bangladeshi people are actually more in Youtube than facebook. Bangla movie, drama, music videos, songs, travels, political shows are hugely popular in BD which can be gauged by their view count. Popular Bangla youtube videos are seen by tens of millions of viewer from Bangladesh. Moreover vast majority of Bangladeshi youtube videos are written in Bengali language. There are millions of videos in Youtube which are written in Bengali language.

Seems more like manipulation of statistics, the Pakistani youtube channels more than double Bangladeshi content view. So Pakistani content is viewed much more yet Pakistan has way less internet users? makes no sense.

upload_2017-6-30_19-9-19.png

upload_2017-6-30_19-10-58.png

Seems more like manipulation of statistics, the Pakistani youtube channels more than double Bangladeshi content view. So Pakistani content is viewed much more yet Pakistan has way less internet users? makes no sense.

View attachment 407502

View attachment 407503
Pakistan has 25% more population than Bangladesh. Take that into account.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom