What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

Tx for reply
All reasons are possible but look at this, THIS IS MESS. There are other ways to achieve the objective you have mentioned. This incident could have happened 6 mnts bfr or after. It can be at some other time. But timming is biggest factor due to which I doubt that this can have Indian involvement and If there is Indian Involvement than GOD help us. This action has weaken the position of PM hasina and She has to take strong stand now while dealing with India. THis will be despite India is involved or not. This is the only reason for me to believe that Indian are wise enough to strengthen the position of friend who can help us in long term rather then underminning her position.

This kind of projects takes years to implement. I bet if it were RAW they might had been working on it for the last 3/4 years. When AL came to power, it were in the final stage and there is no way on earth they will stop it, as Hasina came to power. Its all about personal achievement...

Surviving officers requested to join BDR
UNB, Dhaka

The army officers, who managed to survive while working at the BDR headquarters at Pilkhana during the February 25-26 mutiny, have been earnestly requested to join their offices at the BDR headquarters soon.

“The army officers, who were stationed at BDR headquarters at Pilkhana during the mutiny and the worst massacre in history, and managed to survive in various ways, have been earnestly requested by the home ministry to join the BDR headquarters soon,” said a home ministry release today (Tuesday).

The Daily Star - Details News

this is like asking to go to hell again.

this is like asking to go to hell again.

That's one of thing indians wants to gain separate army command from BDR because that's what make BDR stronger.

But facts remains that only handful BDR were involved in the massacre and thousands other already responded to call of duty.

Sure this is ultimate suffering and sacrifice these officers are doing but branding "hell" would be disrespectful to their dedication.

Last edited:
Sir Munshi
The BDR Mutiny - revenge for Padua and Boraibari
It is now widely believed that the barbarous mutiny at BDR HQ (Pilkhana) in Dhaka was perpetrated in revenge for the death of 19 BSF jawans killed (after they intruded on to Bangladesh territory) in the counter-attack by the BDR at Padua of Sylhet and Boraibari of Roumary on April 18, 2001.
I just want to say India just don't have the mentality of Israel. Otherwise we as a nation has enough fire power to directly take on your BDR/Army. Time again I am giving importance on one point come out with the evidence that India is involved and don't speculate. Your RAB has nabbed the mutiny leader as reported and he must have confesed something. Your Army/Govt (don't know who is in control like pakistan) can release his statement.

Sir Idune
Awami govt influenced by india and there are already strong evidence that indo Awami nexus are behind this massacre.
I fail to understand if citizens of BD has no faith in AL howcome this party won a landslide victory or it is a view of few people like you on this forum. If they feel BNP is good for your country why is perfomed miserably.
India is waiting for evidence of its involved. If you can't provide that than keep on speculating..nothing will happen and nothing will change.
Thanks

Anouncing Shakil's death could be something like this or becaue they got some concrete info from somebody in B'desh as there wer elot of local guys on their mobile phones in Dhaka
Possibly.

I believe the army officers should be there in the force ....ALL officers should be from the army.If you want to be an officer in the BDR don't join the enlisted ranks.Period.Apply for the corps of officers in the army instead.

So is this info wrong..

"The authorities are still searching for more than 1,000 border guards who have been charged with murder"..BBC News

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Bangladesh police hold 'mutineer'

This is a big organization and the top brass is already dead. Even army thought it were 100 officers dead, but later they found it was like 60s. Counting and reporting still going on. A lot of people reported in different part of the country, also few are too afraid to report. We have to wait few more days to get the actual numbers.

This is a big organization and the top brass is already dead. Even army thought it were 100 officers dead, but later they found it was like 60s. Counting and reporting still going on. A lot of people reported in different part of the country, also few are too afraid to report. We have to wait few more days to get the actual numbers.

Ok i understand. With the ring leader apparently arrested, more will be out in the coming days.

So is this info wrong..

"The authorities are still searching for more than 1,000 border guards who have been charged with murder"..BBC News

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Bangladesh police hold 'mutineer'

That's because a case was filed for 1000 others.We do not know the actual number of killers,but according to the survivors it ranges between 100 to 200.

Also,many BDR men did not report within deadline,out of fear or fear of being caught,now arrest warrant have been issued against them.

Ok i understand. With the ring leader apparently arrested, more will be out in the coming days.

I doubt they are ring leaders. None of the ringleader were wearing uniform who actually did the killing. They are long gone, who knows might had crossed the border.

Sure this is ultimate suffering and sacrifice these officers are doing but branding "hell" would be disrespectful to their dedication.

Branded it "hell" as the situation they went through was like hell.Surely many would hesitate to go back there,as they have suffered psychologically.

But at the same time it is important that they join.Otherwise,army can't divert its other officers to BDR.

I doubt they are ring leaders. None of the ringleader were wearing uniform who actually did the killing. They are long gone, who knows might had crossed the border.

Yes,but I suspect DAD Touheed was involved in killing too.
Most killers are gone and I fear most of them are into India now.

Yes,but I suspect DAD Touheed was involved in killing too.
Most killers are gone and I fear most of them are into India now.

Nope Touheed was not involved. He was also captured with another officer. He was brought out only for negotiation by the soldiers. Another officer already said that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom