What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

Unfortunate for you many here are surprised at Indian media activities.They were giving it as headlines and confirmed news.Repeating it hundred times.What does that mean?

About ill-treatment and pay discrimination:

Listen Bull,BDR is para-military and under home ministry.Their pay scale is different than those of Army jawans.Now don't compare it.They knew all along that their pay is lower.No one forced them to BDR.These idiots are comparing themselves to the facilities of the officers.It is just like a private asking for same facilities like the General.Go through their demands again.

Yes there are problems and that's why the "Darbar" was going on.It is the place where the jawans can say anything to their superiors and the officers can't stop them.Instead of addressing their problems,they just took up their arms and started killing wearing red Bandanas.

One surviving colonel said;"Is it my crime that I am an officer?I became an officer with my abilities and its not a crime."

Now stop advocating for the killers and try to read more about the incidence in Bangladeshi media before jumping in with silly words of yours.

Whatever their problem was,this killing is never justified.But we now know,there was a conspiracy behind this.Only time will tell who or which country was behind this.

Im not justifying their actions. What im saying is almost in your line that BDR guys or some quarters of it where extremly unhappy with the situation visa vis the army. I have personally come to know that on that specific date it was on Shk Hasina's specific instruction the darbar was held as she personally heard from the BDR guys their grievances.

I highly doubt whether money alone could have forced such a situation. Money doesnt alone mean the disparity in salary but also the alleged 1crore taka that was exchanged. The soldiers wont do this for money.

This has to be done by guys who had some really screwed up ideology. How can a normal soldier get up and shoot his comrades and rape their family, mutilate and then burry it. Highly impossible.

Im not justifying their actions. What im saying is almost in your line that BDR guys or some quarters of it where extremly unhappy with the situation visa vis the army. I have personally come to know that on that specific date it was on Shk Hasina's specific instruction the darbar was held as she personally heard from the BDR guys their grievances.

I highly doubt whether money alone could have forced such a situation. Money doesnt alone mean the disparity in salary but also the alleged 1crore taka that was exchanged. The soldiers wont do this for money.

This has to be done by guys who had some really screwed up ideology. How can a normal soldier get up and shoot his comrades and rape their family, mutilate and then burry it. Highly impossible.

Now you are in right track.

Money was there to sponsor the ammo.Many were brought from outside by the conspirators.

Now who sponsored,masterminded the whole thing,that's our question.But it was not a mutiny of average soldiers.It was a conspiracy.

Duh, How about sending some ISI Anchors for Indian Media.The first news came from Indian Media regarding ISI Involvement.

Now you are in right track.

Money was there to sponsor the ammo.Many were brought from outside by the conspirators.

Now who sponsored,masterminded the whole thing,that's our question.But it was not a mutiny of average soldiers.It was a conspiracy.

Initially i thought it was the soldiers who reacted in the 'heat' of the situation, but rape, mutilation, mass graves. No way.

Initially i thought it was the soldiers who reacted in the 'heat' of the situation, but rape, mutilation, mass graves. No way.

Even we thought the same way,actually Media portrayed such way that people felt for the BDR jawans causes.
Our media played more idiotic role than Indian media played during Mumbai attacks.Its because of them,glorifying the rebels,the mutiny spread across the country.

Now they are realising that and as the horror unveils,we are disgusted at those murderers.

We are at the "End of Days",where there is no respect even for dead bodies.:tsk:

All our officers killed are "Shaheed" according to Islam.May Allah grant them paradise.Amen.

Some Very important observations,which is becoming clearer now.

1.The red Bandanas:this might sound silly but where did they get it?That too from begining.

2.Leaflets:Within hours they distributed leaflets.Question is where they got the money from.

3Ammunition:According to many senior officials and survivors,the amount of ammunition they had,had to come from outside.One survivor said he saw a grey van bringing boxes of ammo.Where did they get this?

4.The people infront of the gates,who were supporting BDR,later many of them were identified as people who takes part in all type of political possessions.That means they were hired.Where the money came from?

5.Indian Media:They are continuosly taking it to ISI and Pakistan and tht too from Day 1 of the crisis and Thus I believe derailing the possibility of Indian Involvement.Which is very suspicious.

I remember on the first hours they claimed DG was dead and ISI was involved.Why they showed it and how they know this?

Add 'Joy Bangla' slogan on the top of all. BTW do you see commonality in cruelty among the brutalities of AL/COMMIE Goon's killings of Shibiri in 28th OCT. 2006, raping Gujrati Muslims then burning them alive and current massacre? How about destruction of Fallujah, southern Lebanon and GAZA? Aren't all of them being done by anti-Islamic forces? And please get out of the pre-conceived notion that all anti-PAK break upers are bad people. Today you have Bangladesh because of SAKA's father. If person like him didn't act for Muslim's independence then there wouldn't be any PAK and if there wasn't any PAK then there wouldn't be any BD. I can infact gurantee you that people like SAKA, NIZAMI and Mujahid are hundred times more patriots than current dalals, thanks.

"MBI you are a true patriot and soldier. For a Bengali nigger you truly understand the Indian threat. If I had to guess I would imagine your mother was one of the countless patriotic bangla whore's who serviced our forces diligently before they betrayed us and therefore you have some pure blood in you.

It's a shame that more of your countrymen don't think like you.

And as to the rest of this story, it doesn't surprise me. East Pakistani rifles were traitorous bastards and there legacy remains so."

Please guys stop propagating Bangladesh related news in foreign forum that are no real friend to us. It is better to have direct enemies rather than having these so-called friends. At end of they day these pakis/Indians wish no good to our nation. Therefore, I urge u all to leaves this hostile forum and join bd related blogs/forums.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Please guys stop propagating Bangladesh related news in foreign forum that are no real friend to us. It is better to have direct enemies rather than having these so-called friends. At end of they day these people wish no good to our nation. Therefore, I urge u all to leaves this hostile forum and join bd related blogs/forums.

Thank you.

Let me show you the door.
:wave:

"MBI you are a true patriot and soldier. For a Bengali nigger you truly understand the Indian threat. If I had to guess I would imagine your mother was one of the countless patriotic bangla whore's who serviced our forces diligently before they betrayed us and therefore you have some pure blood in you.

And as to the rest of this story, it doesn't surprise me. East Pakistani rifles were traitorous bastards and there legacy remains so."

Please guys stop propagating Bangladesh related news in foreign forum that are no real friend to us. It is better to have direct enemies rather than having these so-called friends. At end of they day these pakis/Indians wish no good to our nation. Therefore, I urge u all to leaves this hostile forum and join bd related blogs/forums.

Thank you.

Now, you're being hostile toward them. Pakistanis are our brothers. Yes there are some bad people, but the majority goes to the good ones. What I've learned here is, this is a neutral forum. This is noway a hostile forum!! And, of course, since its a Pakistani forum, your posts sometimes have to serve the national interest of Pakistan... my humble request to you would be, refrain from this sort of acts.
hope you get it... :)

Last edited:
okay,
so there were 15000 BDR personnel along with 200 officers inside the HQ Compound.What happened to all those rebels,how did they escape?I heard some 2/3 of those rebels were able to flee from the compound.

Getting caught 'RED HANDED' once wasn't enough for this Malu and like past he cunningly masked himself up as Pakistani to create animosity,confusion among BD-PAK friendship seekers.

BDR troops reporting back in hundreds

Dhaka, Mar 1 (bdnews24.com)—BDR troops in their hundreds were seen reporting back to the Peelkhana headquarters Sunday, in line with the government notice issued the day before ordering return to duty within 24 hours.

More than one BDR jawan said he had been ordered to take leave again after reporting back.

Earlier in the day, bdnews24.com correspondent Syedul Islam Talat reported over 1,000 BDR men in uniform were gathered at Rifles Square, waiting to report back to work.

"Another 1,000 or so, who are not in uniform but have their ID cards, are gathered at Abahani Sportsground in Dhanmondi," he said around noon.

"It looks like two to three thousand BDR personnel will have returned to barracks by afternoon."

A home ministry notice issued at 1.30pm Saturday called all BDR personnel, "absent form their posts in the wake of the quelled mutiny" to join their posts within the next 24 hours.

The border guards, many "absent without leave", began reporting back to stations in from Saturday evening.

Ordered to take leave

Sepoy Faruq Laskar told bdnews24.com that after returning to headquarters, army personnel in the compound had questioned him about his actions during the mutiny.

"I told them that hearing gunshots on the morning of Feb. 25, I left the headquarters immediately," said Faruq.

He said "army personnel" at the BDR HQ gave him a month-long leave after he reported back Sunday.

"They said they would call me back, if necessary," he said.

"Other BDR men, who reported back Sunday, have also been sent on long leave like me," Faruq said.

220 fleeing guards caught

The Rapid Action Battalion and police arrested 121 'on-the-run' members of Bangladesh Rifles from the capital, and 99 from elsewhere in the country, up to Saturday evening.

The jawans had mostly escaped the BDR headquarters during the 33-hour mutiny from the morning of Feb 25.

Dhaka Metropolitan Police said 114 fleeing jawans were caught up to Friday and seven on Saturday from different places across the capital.

Most of the arrests were made by RAB who handed the captured over to police, they said. Masudur.

RAB also picked up 99 of the paramilitary border guards from Savar, on the outskirts of Dhaka, as well as Tangail, Bogra and Rajbari districts, rounding them up from buses and other vehicles that were stopped and searched at various checkpoints.

Some were detained with gold ornaments reportedly looted during the mutiny, RAB officials said. All were fleeing in civilian clothes.

More than one captured jawan said they were escaping the BDR headquarters, site of the mutiny, out of fear.

:: bdnews24.com ::

Army to catch fugitive BDR mutineers

The decision came hours after the meeting of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina with army officers

Sunday March 01 2009 20:34:33 PM BDT

The BD Today

The government today decided to deploy the members of the armed forces across the country to arrest the fugitive rebels of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) and seize missing firearms.(The Daily Star)

A home ministry official preferring anonymity said the troops would be deployed in aid of the civil administration under the ‘Operation Rebel Hunt.’

“Army will help the police to arrest the rebels and seize their arms,” the official told The Daily Star last night.

http://newsfrombangladesh.net/view.php?hidRecord=249701
He said the army would be withdrawn after having the situation under control.

The decision came hours after the meeting of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina with army officers at Sena Kunja at Dhaka Cantonment.

A BDR Jawan performing his duty at Talaimari border in Rajshahi on Saturday. Banglar Chokh

Borders secure, says new BDR DG
Alhumdulliah,

A 10-strong high-powered committee began investigations into the mutiny Saturday.

Sunday March 01 2009 11:19:08 AM BDT

Newly appointed BDR chief has assured the public that all national borders were secure in the wake of mutiny by rebel border guards at their Dhaka headquarters.(The New Nation )

"All the country's borders are secure," Brig Gen Moinul Hossain told reporters yesterday.

"I visited the BDR headquarters today for the first time since my appointment to have a look at the overall situation there," said the new director general, who is also a member of the probe committee formed to investigate the Feb 25-26 armed uprising at the Peelkhana complex.

He was appointed DG Friday as his predecessor Maj Gen Shakil Ahmed was confirmed dead among 70 officers slain by rebel personnel.

A 10-strong high-powered committee began investigations into the mutiny Saturday.

Home minister Sahara Khatun, who heads the committee, said they were planning to submit a report within seven days.

Asked about the investigation, the new BDR chief said: "We will interrogate those suspected of carrying out the mutiny, and question those who have suffered its losses."

"We will also interview the residents of Peelkhana's surrounding areas."

Measures were being taken to restore discipline and morale among the rebellion-hit ranks, said Gen Moinul.

"It'll take time. But we are working on it," said the director general after a first meeting of the probe body.

"Today was the first meeting of the committee. We'll meet again to decide our next course of action," he added.

On how many personnel were inside the headquarters, he said those who did not flee were inside. "But I cannot say their number at the moment."

"And those who had fled away have been asked to return. We'll also interrogate those members who were caught escaping and have been detained," he said.

http://newsfrombangladesh.net/view.php?hidRecord=249657

Salauddin Qadeer Chowdhury and his family are well known "Razakars".They allegedly killed many freedom fighters and people during 1971 liberation war.
I doubt this man too.

Please be careful accusing someone in line with Indian propaganda. SQ chowdhury father was (I think) speaker of then Pakistani parliament. SQ chowdhury vehemently oppose Awami league activities but proudly served Bangladesh since our independence. SQ chowdhury also cousin of influential Awami league organizing secretary Saber Hossain Chowdhury.

But India and Indians are desperate to shift the investigation leads and opinion trying to use anti Awami league political figure as scapegoat.

It would be gross injustice and equally foolish to fall for Indian ploy and propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom