What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

"A full investigation into the gory killings will be carried out. The government has some evidence which point to the involvement of people outside of the BDR," local government minister Syed Ashraful Islam said.

Isn't this enough for people who still believe it was a mutiny over pay and rations?

53 BDR men of 14th battalion missing

Sat, Feb 28th, 2009 9:06 pm BdST
Moulavibazar, Feb 28 (bdnews24.com) - Fifty-three members of BDR's 14th battalion in Srimangal who joined the BDR Week programmes at the headquarters, are missing, the commanding officer said Saturday.

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman told reporters that the police took charge of the armoury of the 14th battalion Friday evening.

"After the submission of weapons, the armoury was sealed by the police and the deputy commissioner," he added.

53 BDR men of 14th battalion missing :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Some Very important observations,which is becoming clearer now.

1.The red Bandanas:this might sound silly but where did they get it?That too from begining.

2.Leaflets:Within hours they distributed leaflets.Question is where they got the money from.

3Ammunition:According to many senior officials and survivors,the amount of ammunition they had,had to come from outside.One survivor said he saw a grey van bringing boxes of ammo.Where did they get this?

4.The people infront of the gates,who were supporting BDR,later many of them were identified as people who takes part in all type of political possessions.That means they were hired.Where the money came from?

5.Indian Media:They are continuosly taking it to ISI and Pakistan and tht too from Day 1 of the crisis and Thus I believe derailing the possibility of Indian Involvement.Which is very suspicious.

I remember on the first hours they claimed DG was dead and ISI was involved.Why they showed it and how they know this?

Last edited:
Many senior former army officers stated this is likely be revenge of 2001 Roumari border incident. We all know who intruded into Bangladesh on 2001.

Many senior former army officers stated this is likely be revenge of 2001 Roumari border incident. We all know who intruded into Bangladesh on 2001.

But if you tell them they will blabber the story fed by their media.:blah: :blah:

Army is supposed to take control of the border from today?Any news on that?

Where did you get this???? NO PAY????? what a bullshit story. All govt employees enjoy the same pay scale, be it BDR or a clerk in a post office. All the same. Regarding ration, yes they do get ration, not sure how less or more with army soldiers, which can be easily addressed and the prime minister promised to look into it the previous day. Also there is a national pay comission working and the pay raise will be realized from June this year. Again that will apply to all govt employees.

What meant was they get far lesser than what was paid to their counter parts in the Army. Not that they werent paid at all.

Regarding the ill treatment. Why you guys dont understand, its not a IT company where boss will go and try to be funny with their employees for motivation. Its army and army talks in their own language. That is how it is and that is how it fits most.

Dont insult those soldiers, they very well know whats life in army is like. When they said illtreatment , they were reffering to the above and not about strict drills and diet.

I remember on the first hours they claimed DG was dead and ISI was involved.Why they showed it and how they know this?

You probably would be the only person who believes that media speaks only what it has verified.

Why cant we stand up to this?? why our govt is still silent?? its our mother land and its totally our duty to defend our mother land... my humble requst to the govt: Plzzz wake up!!

Has this been verified, is there any other B'deshi media who is reporting these incidents.

Salauddin Qadeer Chowdhury, a well-known shipping magnate and reportedly very close to the Pakistan military-intelligence complex and the opposition BNP.

Chowdhury, a close associate of opposition BNP leader Begum Khaleda Zia, was closely connected to the Chittagong arms drop case of April 2004 - the arms were apparently intended for ULFA. The ships were caught carrying the arms.

Salauddin Chowdhury, belonging to an old Chittagong family, has been close to Pakistan for decades.

According to sources monitoring the situation, about one crore taka has already changed hands to help the mutiny along.

You probably would be the only person who believes that media speaks only what it has verified.

Unfortunate for you many here are surprised at Indian media activities.They were giving it as headlines and confirmed news.Repeating it hundred times.What does that mean?

About ill-treatment and pay discrimination:

Listen Bull,BDR is para-military and under home ministry.Their pay scale is different than those of Army jawans.Now don't compare it.They knew all along that their pay is lower.No one forced them to BDR.These idiots are comparing themselves to the facilities of the officers.It is just like a private asking for same facilities like the General.Go through their demands again.

Yes there are problems and that's why the "Darbar" was going on.It is the place where the jawans can say anything to their superiors and the officers can't stop them.Instead of addressing their problems,they just took up their arms and started killing wearing red Bandanas.

One surviving colonel said;"Is it my crime that I am an officer?I became an officer with my abilities and its not a crime."

Now stop advocating for the killers and try to read more about the incidence in Bangladeshi media before jumping in with silly words of yours.

Whatever their problem was,this killing is never justified.But we now know,there was a conspiracy behind this.Only time will tell who or which country was behind this.

Case filed against over 1000 for BDR mutiny
Star Online Report

Lalbagh police last (Saturday) night filed a case accusing more than 1000 BDR members in connection with the mutiny at the BDR headquarters last week.

In the case, filed by Lalbagh Police Station Officer-in-charge Nabo Jyoti Khisa, accused four deputy assistant directions (DAD), a sepoy and a BDR member on charge of leading the revolt that left at least 64 army officers dead and 71 others missing.

The leading accused BDR personnel are DAD Touhidul Alam, DAD Nasiruddin Khan, DAD Mirza Habibur Rahman, DAD Abdul Jalil, sepoy Md Selim and BDR member Abdur Rahim.

In the case statement, the OC accused the assassinators of killing the army officials and their spouses by firearms and explosives in a pre-planned way.

The OC also accused the BDR members of illegally taking hostage, setting fire and hiding the bodies of the officials and their spouses.

Sources said one of the leading accused Abdul Jalil was now undergoing treatment at the Holy Family Red Crescent Hospital in the capital. Besides, he was also a member of the 14-memeber committee that met with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Jamuna on Wednesday to discuss their demands.

Md Nowsher Ali, joint commissioner (crime) of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police, who has been supervising the case, told The Daily Star, "Primarily they found the six men and through investigations they would identify other members who were involved in the carnage."

The Daily Star - Details News

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always had doubt on this DAD Touheed.Beat him up and the truth will come out.

Army reins in its anger
Military action was all planned in time; problem solved politically at PM's directive
Staff Correspondent

Army officials yesterday said they are in profound grief over the massacre of their colleagues and family members at Pilkhana but being members of a disciplined force they have to control their emotions.

"It was a carnage. So it is natural that there will be pent-up anger among us. But, being members of a disciplined force, we can control our emotion," said Director of Military Intelligence Brig Gen Mahmud Hossain at a press briefing at the army headquarters in Dhaka cantonment.

"I believe if exemplary punishment is meted out to the people involved directly or indirectly in the mutiny and those who instigated it, it will help pacify the anger among our officers and soldiers,"
he said.

Mahmud said the crisis was solved politically following the prime minister's directives although they made all preparations to carry out military operations at the BDR headquarters.

The director of Military Intelligence said certainly all BDR members at the headquarters did not take part in the mutiny but those involved in it need to be identified through investigation.

He said the number of the BDR members involved in the mutiny might not be much compared to the people present there.

"I cannot say what should be the process of trial. But whatever it is, we demand a speedy trial," he said.

Whatever might be the reason behind the mutiny, the BDR jawans should not have expressed their anger through such brutal killings, he added.

At the press conference, Lt Col Salam and Maj Istiaque, who survived the massacre, narrated the brutalities committed by the disgruntled BDR jawans.

Replying to a query, Salam, who was assaulted by rebel BDR jawans during the mutiny, said a group of BDR jawans were involved in the killings and some of them were very aggressive.

He also described how the wife of a jawan tried to save him from the rebel BDR jawans by misleading them at the quarters where he took shelter.

He also urged the media to broadcast or publish reports more objectively.

Salam said, "I never committed any crime but my children heard [in media] that I deprived the BDR jawans. It would have not been a big deal if I had got killed. But it is unfortunate that my children heard their father had done injustice to his subordinates."

The army did the right thing by showing patience, he added.

Maj Istiaque said he was at the back of the Darbar Hall when two shots were fired outside the hall. Suddenly, all started running to get out of the hall.

He ran for his life and reached a family quarters where he saw a BDR jawan.

The BDR member gave Istiaque shelter in his house where he saw four to five BDR members. He also requested Istiaque to wear his uniform to deceive the rebel jawans.

"I spent the night in his house," he added.

The Daily Star - Details News

Salauddin Qadeer Chowdhury, a well-known shipping magnate and reportedly very close to the Pakistan military-intelligence complex and the opposition BNP.

Chowdhury, a close associate of opposition BNP leader Begum Khaleda Zia, was closely connected to the Chittagong arms drop case of April 2004 - the arms were apparently intended for ULFA. The ships were caught carrying the arms.

Salauddin Chowdhury, belonging to an old Chittagong family, has been close to Pakistan for decades.

According to sources monitoring the situation, about one crore taka has already changed hands to help the mutiny along.

Salauddin Qadeer Chowdhury and his family are well known "Razakars".They allegedly killed many freedom fighters and people during 1971 liberation war.
I doubt this man too.

Back
Top Bottom