What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Proton Bangladesh (PHP Group) has started CKD assembly of the following Proton vehicles.

1.jpg

Starting with my favorite, X70
car.png

EXORA
iu

PERSONA
21052019052820.png

New SAGA
12012019022255.png

PREVE
12012019022324.png

And a few PHP Branded Motorbikes...
12012019013823.png
12012019013900.png
12012019013910.png
12012019013930.png
12012019013937.png

Last edited:
I don't know - that guy in the picture looks like a Walton employee (not a Chinese guy either). And these are basic circuit board SMD component assembly devices for cellphones. Made-in-China my foot.

Sanghi Cockroaches here spewing bullsh*t as always...just because fraudulent Indian business people couldn't do it (and they are passing on third rate SKD-assembled cellphones in India to consumers), doesn't mean folks in Bangladesh can't make a better product. By the way screens are also made locally, but not 100% sure on that.

iu

Symphony is the market leader in Bangladesh. There is noway it is only 3%. This website's data on Bangladesh contain error. Unknown 28% look suspicious. It is perhaps taken out of Symphony's share.

The original article failed to convey the correct massage. It should be 41% locally assembled Bangladeshi and foreign brand. Not only Bangladeshi brand. Now a large segment of Samsung smart phone selling in Bangladesh comes from local assembly unit. So Locally produced local brand Symphony+Walton as well as locally assembled foreign brand Samsung make up the 41%.

Agreed on all points.

@Baby Leone your source is completely wrong on current Bangladeshi Cellphone market scenario. Almost half of the cellphones sold in Bangladesh come from local brands like Symphony and Walton (there are other local brands with smaller market-share as well and more to come soon). Eventually other than premium market phones like Samsung Galaxy, and higher end phones from LG , Huawei, ZTE, more than 75% of the market will be local and Bangladeshi brands will start exports overseas (with OEM export being first step). There is no reason not to. Our entrepreneurs are fully funded and innovative and labor cost is super low.

Symphony set up a factory in Northern Dhaka area for 30 crore,

According the story below (which is from a year ago), locally manufactured and assembled cellphones comprise 1.5 crore sets yearly, which is half of local demand.

Walton Mobile MANUFACTURING ( NOT ASSEMBLY!!!) Published three days ago!! Made-in-China My Foot!!! Even heat-treated fastener screws are made in house!
Burn Sanghis Burn!!! :lol:

Last edited:
BD exported 86k of cellphones (likely nothing manufactured) compared to 1 billion USD for India.

http://www.worldstopexports.com/cellphone-exports-by-country/

Can do your conversion what that is per person. I mean comes to something like 12,000 times the total with 8 times more people.

Easiest 3rd party vetting there is for what MVA you actually have.

Can check import ratio too:

http://www.worldstopexports.com/cellphone-imports-by-country/

BD = 580 million USD
India = 2.2 billion USD (4 times for 8 times the people)

So India exports about 50% of what it imports in cellphones.

BD pretty much only imports....and twice the rate per capita than India.

So yeah no one gives a crap about final 10% assembly brochure stuff with people posing. Can call it "manufacturing" all you want.

Anyone can look at the OEC composition for BD exports and imports too. Import wise its very telling exactly what BD imports (forget exports)....stuff one would expect from an energy-consumption stagnant LDC....developing zilch capability...but just running an inflation racketeering circus.

After all there's a reason why BD can only manage measly 2 dollars of FDI invested outside per person. Very related to how its "airport" looks and functions.

I'm sure said FDI-intensity outflow (and all 3rd party parameters not under the control of BAL "data" dept) will increase to double digits right around the year BD does finally do that export order of refrigerators to Thailand :lol:

Walton after all puts out the videos, but not one basic financial release for how long now? 1 billion in exports to be targetted in 10 years (sorry about the early stronker stuff)!...so maybe then? Or just release another "target" in "10 years" time then?

No one outside BD can get a sense of anything to compare with anyone else...everything's gotta go thru the glorious govt or its corrupt monopoly affiliates.

Last edited:
Hatil is one of the local furniture manufacturers that is using CAD/CAM, CNC, robotics and other automation for various woodworking processes

The Walton video is clearly showing assembly. We like to call it manufacturing but we don't actually make the batteries, or the key components. What you are seeing is putting different components together in a circuit board, etc. The government gives incentives for such "manufacturing" which is a value adding process.

I would be happy if we would be able to make the screens next. That would require quite a bit more investment.

The Walton video is clearly showing assembly. We like to call it manufacturing but we don't actually make the batteries, or the key components. What you are seeing is putting different components together in a circuit board, etc. The government gives incentives for such "manufacturing" which is a value adding process.

I would be happy if we would be able to make the screens next. That would require quite a bit more investment.

Walton makes screens for tvs and mobiles.

Walton makes screens for tvs and mobiles.

Do you have any link that can prove that Walton makes touch screens for mobiles? By this I don't mean assembling a screen (as shown in some of the videos above) but manufacturing the screen.

Do you have any link that can prove that Walton makes touch screens for mobiles? By this I don't mean assembling a screen (as shown in some of the videos above) but manufacturing the screen.
Walton has claimed to manufacture tons of things. How much they actually manufacturer is a question tho.
BD pretty much only imports....and twice the rate per capita than India.
Doesn't that mean that we have more money and establish the fact that Indians are miser...8-)

First, correct your flag. Second, turn off your rental laptop at the Sangh Shakha and go home. Enough fun for today. No one owes you anything in the way of explanations. Google it yourself please.

Walton has claimed to manufacture tons of things. How much they actually manufacturer is a question tho.

Doesn't that mean that we have more money and establish the fact that Indians are miser...8-)

Some people have no idea how cellphones (and in fact circuit-boards for any type of electronics are manufactured). It is pointless to argue with folks who don't have basic knowledge about these processes.

In the last Walton Video we can easily see a three gang virgin motherboard and then SMD pick and place machine populating that combined motherboard, Then we see a wave-soldering machine. And this person is insinuating that means - assembly? Mathai gondogol.

Even Samsung and LG in China uses this same Walton process. I guess they 'assemble' too.o_O

Assembly is what gets done in India and Pakistan, import complete cellphone sub-assemblies (semi-knockdown), batteries. complete populated SMD motherboards and ready screens from China and then screw together those screens, batteries and motherboards, slap an Indian brand-name on it and then call it a day. No wave soldering or SMD pick/place involved. THIS is called minimal technology screw together assembly, NOT manufacturing.

I would ask the Sanghis to show us footage of any ACTUAL cell phone 'manufacturing' in India. India does not have it AFAIK. You can thank your fly-by-night scammer business-people for that, out to make a quick buck off of Indians and nothing more.

India is the #1 HQ of cheater, fraud, dhokeybaaj baniyas. Profiting at the expense of hapless and clueless Indians.

Last edited:
First, correct your flag. Second, turn off your rental laptop at the Sangh Shakha and go home. Enough fun for today. No one owes you anything in the way of explanations. Google it yourself please.

Some people have no idea how cellphones (and in fact circuit-boards for any type of electronics are manufactured). It is pointless to argue with folks who don't have basic knowledge about these processes.

In the last Walton Video we can easily see a three gang virgin motherboard and then SMD pick and place machine populating that combined motherboard, Then we see a wave-soldering machine. And this person is insinuating that means - assembly? Mathai gondogol.

Even Samsung and LG in China uses this same Walton process. I guess they assemble too.

Assembly is what gets done in India and Pakistan, import complete cellphone sub-assemblies (semi-knockdown), batteries. motherboards and screens from China and then screw together those screens, batteries and motherboards and then call it a day. No wave soldering or SMD pick/place involved. This is called minimal technology manufacturing.

I would ask the Sanghis to show us footage of any cell phone 'manufacturing' in India. India does not have it AFAIK.

They seriously question Walton's ability to make 1080p LCD screens for mobiles when Walton manufactures from scratch 4K screens for TVs!

Walton just signed agreement with Germany to export their TVs into the German market and the Tamil retarded troll claims that they are a front company for China! Germans must be so dumb that they do not know this when our resident Tamil butt-hurt somehow has uncovered this!

BD government is giving the right incentives to Walton to grow into a successful multinational corporation to keep BD's growth momentum going.

Last edited:

Your idocy is concerning....you call that assembly....you sure you saw the walton video and not the symphony video which is describing assembly.

Back
Top Bottom