What's new

Bangladesh bans cartoons to halt Hindi invasion

please respect other peoples language, Hindi is a beautiful language along with Urdu & Punjabi & is part of the north Indian/Pakistani diaspora of multilingual heritage & diversity which both India & Pakistan shares

first off, don't blame your lack of apprehension on me....Did i say, hindi is bazari type? or Urdu is this? or Bengli is that, i said kids shouldn't be exposed to bazari type lingo's they use in such programs and that's a fact. if my post has fractured Bharteezs fragile ego then i cant help it. Sorry, but you are also wrong here, i expected more sensibility from you.

Are English cartoons banned too ? Are English movies and channels banned too ?

Because last time I checked English movies and channels contains nudity and sex scenes, relatively much more vulgar than Indian and Pakistani movies and dramas, and India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have much more commonality than we have with Western culture.

You may hate Indian things for obvious reasons but why not hate those who ruled us and you still allow their culture to be shown in your homes through TV and internet.

So what's your take on English movies, serials and cartoons ?

Krait, I am sure. you are well aware that the topic is about Hindi cartoons and not English. You are free to create a new thread about Angreezi invasion and ill gladly reply you there. Don't you think that its ironic that you and your country men are trying to blame for some thing which i didn't even say? LOL go figure that why their reports may not have worked. Anyways, to answer your question, English or other languages channels are also not allowed in Pakistan except few which are owned by Pakistani networks and they are properly censored prior to their screening.

@Hammer-fist
Nice of you to create a thread on a sensitive topic like this.

When I came to know about this issue,the first thing that came to my mind is Stalin's Soviet Russia and the rise of Iron curtain,which was done to effectively block the west from the east.Nothing used to come out and nothing used to go in.It was done out of fear that the Western media might influence the Soviet people.We all know how that turned out.
Now,this particular issue may not be of such a big scale,but the point is,you are walking on the same path!

You cannot preserve your culture by blocking out the media.If the media is carrying out a negative campaign specifically aimed at you,then its a different story.But that is not the case here.If this is how you start,then where will it end ?Now just the cartoons have been banned,there will be a certain group of people who will then demand for banning other channels as well which telecast shows in Hindi.Very soon you will have an anti-India outlook of the matter,which is detrimental to regional peace. Will you ban the Western TV channels next ? and then ? Western clothes ? This is a wrong approach,it never works.

I will give you another example of another part of Bengal,on your Western borders.We have free media here,we can freely access Hindi,English or for that matter any other language-based channels,apart from Bengali channels.Now does that mean that we have forgotten our own culture ? Of course not.
Banning Hindi channels will only make it a forbidden fruit.If the govt did not want the children to watch Hindi cartoons then probably the correct approach would have been to instruct the channels to dub them into Bengali first rather than abruptly halting the telecast.
The approach is wrong in its very basics and people in position of power in your country should give it a thought in a systematic manner before acting.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hammer-fist
Nice of you to create a thread on a sensitive topic like this.

When I came to know about this issue,the first thing that came to my mind is Stalin's Soviet Russia and the rise of Iron curtain,which was done to effectively block the west from the east.Nothing used to come out and nothing used to go in.It was done out of fear that the Western media might influence the Soviet people.We all know how that turned out.
Now,this particular issue may not be of such a big scale,but the point is,you are walking on the same path!

You cannot preserve your culture by blocking out the media.If the media is carrying out a negative campaign specifically aimed at you,then its a different story.But that is not the case here.If this is how you start,then where will it end ?Now just the cartoons have been banned,there will be a certain group of people who will then demand for banning other channels as well which telecast shows in Hindi.Very soon you will have an anti-India outlook of the matter,which is detrimental to regional peace. Will you ban the Western TV channels next ? and then ? Western clothes ? This is a wrong approach,it never works.

I will give you another example of another part of Bengal,on your Western borders.We have free media here,we can freely access Hindi,English or for that matter any other language-based channels,apart from Bengali channels.Now does that mean that we have forgotten our own culture ? Of course not.
Banning Hindi channels will only make it a forbidden fruit.If the govt did not want the children to watch Hindi cartoons then probably the correct approach would have been to instruct the channels to dub them into Bengali first rather than abruptly halting the telecast.
The approach is wrong in its very basics and people in position of power in your country should give it a thought in a systematic manner before acting.

Relax.

It's not the end of the world. If people really want to see it they can download it online and watch it to their hearts content.

Even western democracies do this type of thing (especially the French in both France and Quebec).

The fact that the govt didn't request for it to be dubbed in to Bengali might mean they had an issue with the cartoon itself but not the language...who knows.

Democracy is not in danger if a Japanese kids cartoon is banned.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
pakistan and bangladesh are doing injustice to their citizens by stoping them from seeing indian movies and tv shows....why their citizens have to suffer if their film industry is incompetent to that of india..let them be entertained from indian culture

Relax.

It's not the end of the world. If people really want to see it they can download it online and watch it to their hearts content.

Even western democracies do this type of thing (especially the French in both France and Quebec).

The fact that the govt didn't request for it to be dubbed in to Bengali might mean they had an issue with the cartoon itself but not the language...who knows.

Forgive me for being a little paranoid.
I dont think anybody in Bangladesh is going to download Japanese cartoons dubbed in Hindi just for kicks.That is not thing I am pointing finger at.It am pointing finger at the approach.

See,when a father tells his kids ,"Dont watch cartoons,you should be studying now",thats one thing on a much smaller scale.But when a nation takes that decision for the kids,then the matter becomes a little serious.Its not about the action,but about the idea behind the action,which may have far greater consequences.
Western democracies,specially France,now that you have mentioned twice atleast, do a lot of things that we dont agree with and even vehemently oppose.

This is a flawed logic that since the West does that hence it is justified.You see,what has happened?They have already invaded you thought-process,and you dont even realize it yet.You have even started to justify facts based on this belief that what West does is the touchstone of justice.

I hope,for our sake that things will not get blown out of proportion.

pakistan and bangladesh are doing injustice to their citizens by stoping them from seeing indian movies and tv shows....why their citizens have to suffer if their film industry is incompetent to that of india..let them be entertained from indian culture

My dear sir,I think you are not in a position to judge whose media and film industry is better,not exactly having a filmfare awards here.If you notice carefully then probably you will eventually find out that the matter is a little different.

Forgive me for being a little paranoid.
I dont think anybody in Bangladesh is going to download Japanese cartoons dubbed in Hindi just for kicks.That is not thing I am pointing finger at.It am pointing finger at the approach.

See,when a father tells his kids ,"Dont watch cartoons,you should be studying now",thats one thing on a much smaller scale.But when a nation takes that decision for the kids,then the matter becomes a little serious.Its not about the action,but about the idea behind the action,which may have far greater consequences.
Western democracies,specially France,now that you have mentioned twice atleast, do a lot of things that we dont agree with and even vehemently oppose.

This is a flawed logic that since the West does that hence it is justified.You see,what has happened?They have already invaded you thought-process,and you dont even realize it yet.You have even started to justify facts based on this belief that what West does is the touchstone of justice.

I hope,for our sake that things will not get blown out of proportion.

Other democratic states take steps (right or wrong) to preserve their language but it does not endanger democracy as a whole hence the reference to a certain western democracy (don't wanna make it a 3rd time that I refer to it by name).

Anyway this is no big deal. It's a Japanese kids cartoon not an Indian anyway.

Many things are banned in democracies around the world e.g. showing nudity at certain hours of the day on TV, offensive language etc.

No big deal.

Doraemon is a very popular cartoon character here in Bangladesh. Top one I believe.

Relax.

Govt slaps ban on Hindi-dubbed Doraemon telecast - bdnews24.com

The government has banned the Hindi-dubbed Japanese cartoon series Doraemon, fearing that continuing telecast of the cartoon would change the mother tongue of children in Bangladesh, Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu told Parliament Thursday. The minister said this in reply to a question from treasury bench member Hafiz Uddin Ahmed during the question- answer session. “The government doesn’t want children’s educational atmosphere to get vitiated due to the telecast of Doraemon. The government has already issued notices directing to stop the telecast of unapproved foreign satellite television channels like Disney, Disney XD and Pogo. So, the airing of the children’s favourite cartoon Doraemon has been banned.” The House sitting resumed at 4:30pm with Deputy Speaker Shawkat Ali in the chair. Reading out a notice of public importance in parliament on Feb 3, ruling Awami League lawmaker Shahriar Alam had demanded immediate ban on airing of the cartoon Doraemon in the country. He had said television stations should air foreign cartoons after dubbing them in Bangla. Apprehending negative effect of the cartoon, the MP of Rajshahi’s Charghat constituency observed that this type of cartoons might change the mother tongue in the future. He mentioned Doraemon serial only taught about telling lies and speaking Hindi. He said the cartoon serials should teach the children about the moral and religious values and motivate them for education.

But nobody in this world can beat you guys in being cheap and to troll. We all recognize your talent in that.

You can't stop ranting now ca you! :lol: Check some threads on Indian cultural attack :rofl:

I have learnt 2 different languages other then Bangla and English without watching these shits. As a child they must build up their skill on native language first. If you are so into it, Why Indian authority totally bans Bangladeshi TV channels in india, Why you guys are so narrow minded???

Because Indians in general do not understand Bangla and its more about competition rather than being paranoid :P

You can't stop ranting now ca you! :lol: Check some threads on Indian cultural attack :rofl:

Because Indians in general do not understand Bangla and its more about competition rather than being paranoid :P

Isn't kolkata is part of india? Aren't their language is Bangla? Why their is no BD channel in Kolkata?

Isn't kolkata is part of india? Aren't their language is Bangla? Why their is no BD channel in Kolkata?

Because there is no demand of your channels. People here have to buy individual channels and nobody buys Bangladeshi channels.

Because there is no demand of your channels. People here have to buy individual channels and nobody buys Bangladeshi channels.

Anyway even I West Bengal hindi dubbing was banned if I remember correctly.

ha ha ha, Can't stop laughing. How lame !!! If there is no demand , why banning? Just broadcast it, If thee is no demand people won't bother and watch it anyway. Why ban a thing that has no demand?? This is the most retarded logic I have ever heard. :rofl:

ha ha ha, Can't stop laughing. How lame !!! If there is no demand , why banning? Just broadcast it, If thee is no demand people won't bother and watch it anyway. Why ban a thing that has no demand?? This is the most retarded logic I have ever heard. :rofl:

Who told you Bangladeshi channels are banned?

^^^ Ask your cable operator, What is State policy. This is actually illogical, people need to exchange cultural elements. I personally liked some of the Indian channels, but I prefer that these things should be mutual. IF you don't accept ours, I don't give a Fu*k about yours.

Back
Top Bottom