What's new

Bangladesh asks Myanmar to take back 500,000 Rohingyas

More Balardeshi poonting...this time in real life..

lol i love this name

Poor rohingyas. They expected a helping hand from their fellow muslim brothers at this time of urgency. And what did they get?
From Burma what they got though undeserving but is not unexpected as they are different in faith. But Bangladesh again proved to be a dark spot in the name of Islamic Ummah.
First they broke Pakistan and now taking actions that guarantee the death of thousands of muslims.
LANAT!

This dipu moni is a raw agent who do not tolerate umma concept .. Bangladeshis will teach this rawami league a lesson in coming election for deserting fellow muslim brothers .. How can a muslim country even think something like that ?

^^^They are Bangladeshis? How? They don't even speak Bengali!

Are you saying that there is ethnic cleansing in Myanmar like your countrymen pointed out as propaganda? :azn:
That means the Biharis and other minorities are not bangladeshis as well as they dont speak bangla? poor al-zakir, thats why he lives in USA! you people disowned his likes. LANAT LANAT LANAT!

Poor rohingyas. They expected a helping hand from their fellow muslim brothers at this time of urgency. And what did they get?
From Burma what they got though undeserving but is not unexpected as they are different in faith. But Bangladesh again proved to be a dark spot in the name of Islamic Ummah.
First they broke Pakistan and now taking actions that guarantee the death of thousands of muslims.
LANAT!

There are other Muslim ethnic groups in Burma "-.-

That means the Biharis and other minorities are not bangladeshis as well as they dont speak bangla? poor al-zakir, thats why he lives in USA! you people disowned his likes. LANAT LANAT LANAT!

Al-Zakir isn't Bihari.

O yea ! what logic you freaking kelkecian coming up? What your masters spitting, you guys swallowing it and
spitting

In those time we resisted and terrorized the Firingkis ... unlike you interested in serving .... and still serving.

Is that what they taught you in your madrasa Bangladeshi? Bengal was the place where most number of British officers were assassinated and Calcutta was heartland of Indian nationalism.

Do you want me to point out what your ilk were doing that time? Or what your ilk were doing in your east pakistani time?

I think we should not make fun of their Nationality....let be civil

They made fun of my city first, irony is, plenty of them have no qualm at living in the same city!

Kelkecian is a derogatory term about people of Kolkata.

The other one, (Mr. Hiroinchi aka Troll King who is missing his Didi Sk. Hasina of BAL) named particularly for people like us who are extreme Nationalist and refuse to submit to serve his masters of northern Bhartis.

lol, now jamatis are nationalist! The irony!

Is that what they taught you in your madrasa Bangladeshi? Bengal was the place where most number of British officers were assassinated and Calcutta was heartland of Indian nationalism.

Do you want me to point out what your ilk were doing that time? Or what your ilk were doing in your east pakistani time?

Yes,

I would be quite interested in that. Prior to sarat chandra bose, I am not aware of any form of Hindu resistance to the British rule. Culcutta Afterall was a mere fishing village that the British developed. Also bengali Hindus as far as I am aware colluded with British against the Muslims to surplant pre British status quo , eg sunset tax rules.

Anyhow this is not a trolling response it is a genuine query from my perspective even though you are in the middle of a spat. Thanks in advance.

Yes,

I would be quite interested in that. Prior to sarat chandra bose, I am not aware of any form of Hindu resistance to the British rule. Culcutta Afterall was a mere fishing village that the British developed. Also bengali Hindus as far as I am aware colluded with British against the Muslims to surplant pre British status quo , eg sunset tax rules.

Anyhow this is not a trolling response it is a genuine query from my perspective even though you are in the middle of a spat. Thanks in advance.

I'm too busy to compose a well articulated reply, let me quote one my previous post which is somewhat relevant.

I'm posting from mobile so won't be able to give a detailed reply. Please bear with me.

First of all you need to understand that in middle age India wasn't an unified country with a centralized govt but an amalgamation of many small states each having an exclusive an unique culture and language with thousand years of their own and rich history. So for a tamil, a punjabi or a bengali was as alien as British except for the skin pigmentation.

I will tell you from bengal perspective while my other Indian brothers can stretch my point further.

When British first set foot in subcontinent, bengal was ruled by independent persianized turks(turks of Central Asian Afshar variety) while most of administrative work was done by bengali Hindu landlords. Most bengali peasantry, whom were bulk of population didn't have any knowledge or connection with mughals ruling north India from Delhi. Only exposure they had of Martha's was as looters who often raided border region of West bengal and was a major nuisance for farmers.

So you see there was no sense of a nation even among the rolling class but bunch of warring stares looking for each others blood. Nothing much changed for the common man and peasantry when British took over, as for them one set of rules have just replaced another, and they would just have to carry on with their life.

It's only during mid eithneeth century, with the inception of western educated, urban middle class, an Indian nationalism was born. Although for the next hundred year or so it was mainly limited to urban pockets of Calcutta, bombay or madras, until Gandhi tapped the common people and successfully made it a truly national phenomenon.

Just a fun fact, even after 10 years of independence, many people in rural India weren't aware that country has been freed from British rule.

Off the top of my head, I can remember Nil Bidroho(Indigo revolt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which was purely resistance against company without any hint of nationalism.

Also bengali Hindus as far as I am aware colluded with British against the Muslims to surplant pre British status quo , eg sunset tax rules.

Bulk of Siraj's army were Hindus, some of the generals were Hindus as well.

Culcutta Afterall was a mere fishing village that the British developed

How does that change the fact that Indian nationalism was born in Calcutta?

There were other big cities before Calcutta - Murshidabad, Gaud, Tamluk etc.

There are other Muslim ethnic groups in Burma "-.-

Al-Zakir isn't Bihari.
He aint no bangali either. poor him. Who knows,if were in BD he could have been grouped with the Rohingyas ans sent to Burma aswell! LANAT!

I mean, who would have thought that a bunch of lungi-clad, dark skinned, Muslim, and fish-eating people can inflict so much terror among people :rofl:

It actually makes me feel proud to some extent :rofl:

Now I have no doubt that they are Bangladeshi offshoot, take them in ;)

Labong,

That's cool dude, if you get a chance sometime do respond. I am primarily interested in Hindu Bengali resistance to the British which I am not aware off as such . Whilst I do agree with you about the development of an Indian national consciousness as an intellectual form of resistance in Culcutta.

I asked my question specifically because since the British arrived there has been continuous muslim resistance to it culminating in the khilafat movement. The Muslim identity based on religion transcended subcontinental regional nation state of pre mogul era.. The Bengal sultans for example swore fealty to the khalif in Istanbul and not to the moghuls until much later. I want to understand if there was similar Hindu resistance to British rule or was it a case of let's coordinate with the British to get rid of Muslim rule because British are not really here to stay.

It would be interesting to understand if the muslims and the Hindus ever really pulled in the same direction against the Brits.

Back
Top Bottom