What's new

Bangladesh Army's Yatagan Main Battle Tank

The T-84 Yatagan will be the best tank in South Asia when Bangladesh Army receives the first 50x MBTs as soon as the upgrades of the T-59 MBTs to Al-Zarrar MBTs is completed. The T-84 Yatagan is superior to the Al-Khalid MBT and T-90S MBT as it boasts superior armament and armor than both. The only other MBT of South Asia which can take on it will be the Al-Khalid 2 MBT (if it really exists).

Sir, can you tell me the approximate time about the procurement of the Yatagan MBTs for the Bangladesh army?? 'cause you know, it happens to be something I cant wait for...!!

BD Army has 610 MBTs and a small number of T-62 LBTs. I am sure of this.

There are 300 T-59s which will be upgraded to Al-Zarrar. We have so many as they were ordered from the late 70s to 1990. 30x T-54/55 were donated by Egypt and 50x T-54/55 were captured from Iraq, these were upgraded to T-59 standard, so these along with the T-59s directly ordered from China now creates a fleet of 300 T-59 MBTs, all 300 of which will be upgraded to Al-Zarrar.

BD Army with 310 T-69 Mk.II G is the largest operator of the T-69 MBT series. Also BD Army received an unknown number of T-79 MBTs, I do not know whether these T-79s are included in the 310x figure of the T-69s.

In 2006 the government okayed funds for purchasing the first batch of new MBTs (28x tanks) as well as funds for upgrading existing MBT fleet. It is not known whether or which MBT has been ordered. Some T-96s were rumored to have been seen but it was not true, they were actually T-69 Mk.II G mistaken for T-96s.

Of the T-62 LBT fleet only a small number remain in service, the rest have been locally upgraded to the T-62 SPG.

I have said 200~300 T-84 Yatagan as it is the most likely candidate and there is need for that amount of tanks.

Very informative Sir khaled. I like of your post. Any idea if bd getting some air power in the near future.

Sorry but I do not have any exact idea.

Probably the project to upgrade all of our T-69/79s to T-69 Mk.II G has either already been completed or is nearing completion as the Al-Zarrar technology transfer has begun. So if it took 2 years to upgrade 310x T-69/79 to T-69 Mk.II G then it can also be presumed that the upgrade of 300x T-59 to Al-Zarrar will also take 2 years. So the T-84 will be entering service by 2012.

Where are you getting all this from? Pakistan will not, has not and never will transfer the technology used on Al Zarrar.

You better get your facts right.

There has been no agreement as yet to upgrade ANY BD Army equipment. The BD COAS came for a visit and had expressed INTERESTS. Pakistan will HELP Bangladesh to upgrade their fleet of T-59s but there has NOT been any agreement what so ever signed yet.

In case you havent seen Al-Zarrar tanks heres the most recent variant:

Don't get me started on the Al-Zarrar and Al-Khalid's comparison with T-69.

Again, there has been NO agreement signed and yet you claim Pakistan is transferring Al Zarrar's technology to Bangladesh.

Given, the current government in Bangladesh it is highly unlikely that this proposal will bear fruit. Unless, the pro Indian views change.

Al Zarrar is Pakistan's exclusive program for the upgrade of T-59 tanks in to modern day arm. battle tanks. Al Khalid and Al Zarrar form the backbone of Pakistan Army's arm. division the technology cannot be compromised.

ISPR's official statement for the visit:

Rawalpindi October 21: General Moeen U Ahmed, Chief of Army Staff Bangladesh Army called on General Tariq Majid, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) here at Joint Staff Headquarters, Chaklala; today. He exchanged views with Chairman JCSC focusing on matters of mutual interest, regional security and enhancement of defence ties.

CJCSC, General Tariq Majid highlighted the importance of special relations that exist between Pakistan and Bangladesh, which are characterized by religious affinity and commonality of views. Both expressed satisfaction on the present level of military cooperation between the two countries and stressed to further enhance these ties by holding joint training exercises, training/courses, joint venture in defence production and purchase of defence equipment.
The Bangladesh Chief of Army Staff expressed special interest in purchasing military equipment from Pakistan and asked Pakistan’s assistance for the up gradation of their present fleet of T-59 tanks through joint venture. He also showed interest in obtaining assistance in overhauling of Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) air crafts, holding of Special Forces joint exercises and purchase of communication equipment. General Moeen also proposed to exchange instructors at Staff College level on mutual basis.

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee wished well to General Moeen and said that Pakistan and Bangladesh share common perception on regional and international issues and emphasized the need to enhance common efforts and cooperation to further develop upon common objectives.

No where does it mention the Al Zarrar transfer of technology.

Here is an extract from an article of BMF, the most reliable and accurate source of Bangladesh military.

The Bangladesh Army Chief General Moeen U. Ahmed visited Pakistan on the 21st of October, 2008 to improve defence ties between the two neighbouring nations.

During the course of the official visit he asked proposed a joint venture between the two countries for modernising the large number of Type 59 MBTs remaining in service with the Bangladesh Army.

The Pakistani side responded positively to the proposal and is transferring relevant technology to Bangladesh in this regard.

After the project is complete all Bangladesh Army Type 59 MBTs will be rebuilt as new Al Zarrar MBTs. The entire modernisation program will be done inside Bangladesh under this joint venture project.
What makes you to call BMF as the most reliable and accurate source of BD military? Does ISPR of BD mil or GOB endorse what BMF spreads? I bet you the BD Mil's glorifications in BMF are pure B.S. Infect BD Mil is the worst mercenary force in the world right now since it is the biggest sell-out to U.N and enemies of man kind. Furthermore, it is filled by AWAMY, Commie dalals that has been the prime instrumental in destruction of the righteous force. So, don't expect any right minded PAK decision maker's help on transferring tech to it.

Last edited:
Again, there has been NO agreement signed and yet you claim Pakistan is transferring Al Zarrar's technology to Bangladesh.

Given, the current government in Bangladesh it is highly unlikely that this proposal will bear fruit. Unless, the pro Indian views change.

Al Zarrar is Pakistan's exclusive program for the upgrade of T-59 tanks in to modern day arm. battle tanks. Al Khalid and Al Zarrar form the backbone of Pakistan Army's arm. division the technology cannot be compromised.

ISPR's official statement for the visit:

No where does it mention the Al Zarrar transfer of technology.

Agreeing with you completely, I want to inform that the BMF's dissemination can't be taken as truth and GMUA's visit before BD's parliament election has been an eye-wash from his part to give an impartial impression in regards to dealing with INDO-PAK, since he has visited IND for 5 days before coming to PAK. He infect hasn't stayed in PAK for 5 days, although Media ride has been taken about it, thanks.

What makes you to call BMF as the most reliable and accurate source of BD military? Does ISPR of BD mil or GOB endorse what BMF spreads? I bet you the BD Mil's glorifications in BMF are pure B.S. Infect BD Mil is the worst mercenary force in the world right now since it is the biggest sell-out to U.N and enemies of man kind. Furthermore, it is filled by AWAMY, Commie dalals that has been the prime instrumental in destruction of the righteous force. So, don't expect any right minded PAK decision maker's help on transferring tech to it.

The owner of the BMF website is in the service with the Bangladesh Army...
what makes you think that the BMF webstite is full of B.S.??And also, what the f**k makes you think that our Army is the worst mercenery force in the world... Do you know that every single mission carried out in the UN includes the cooperation of the Bangladesh Military?? Do you know that the Bangladesh Army has gained incredible fame by the Africans thru their loyalty and respect?? Do you know that several areas in those regions are named after the word "BANGLA" because of our Military??
You dont seem to be a Bangladeshi at all, 'cause I havent seen anyone spreading B.S. against his country as you...

Who must you be??

Living abroad and reading flashy reports and articles, if you not living in BD you will NEVER understand and comprehend the real situation at all. All reports that you read and find so accurate are written by Westerners who are pro-Indians and Indian intellectuals themselves. They are all fake. I know, I have lived abroad and heard and read many things there about BD but when I come things turn out to be different.

ISPR is a failed organization, it is a huge flop. GoB does have public relations and right to information to the public as its priorities. In fact now it Pakistan which has the most troops on UN deployment, not BD.

Who are you to know that the guy run BMF doesn't even live in banana republic called Bangladesh? What elements are you made off to be informed that I have done more for BD than any mercenary bastards, who eat up tax payers and exasperator’s money just to arrest and degrade rightous people? How are you so sure that I am made off less BD materials than the guys run BD now? Now get this, what abroad to you is the life of 170 million of BD since BD runs by our and Garment labor's hard earn money. And the parameter of internet goes far beyond than geo-proximity of IND or West. So spare me on your thoughts on 'Body present but heart absent' doctrine. Moreover, once mercenary ness shouldn’t be determined by its representation rather by goal/value/moral of its mission. In that context no denying of the notion that today's BD and PAK MIL's top brasses are selling out their countries (Feinstein comment on U.S. drones likely to embarrass Pakistan - Los Angeles Times) but BD Mil's last 2 year's deception and sell-out has surpassed all throughout the history, period .

Last edited:
The owner of the BMF website is in the service with the Bangladesh Army...
what makes you think that the BMF webstite is full of B.S.??And also, what the f**k makes you think that our Army is the worst mercenery force in the world... Do you know that every single mission carried out in the UN includes the cooperation of the Bangladesh Military?? Do you know that the Bangladesh Army has gained incredible fame by the Africans thru their loyalty and respect?? Do you know that several areas in those regions are named after the word "BANGLA" because of our Military??
You dont seem to be a Bangladeshi at all, 'cause I havent seen anyone spreading B.S. against his country as you...

Tell me what is the owner of BMF's file and rank in BD Mil? Whereas no one in the world wants to send troops in DR Congo, only the so-called invincible BD MIL does. Furthermore, when the destruction of a state's economy (Only GDP, FDI and Manpower wise BD lost $20 Billions in last 2 years) is no concern to its army as oppose to its $200.00 Million then is it a patriotic force? This is the army that has arrested and tortured most of the BNP's righteous people by eating Dalal's propaganda? Does torturing nurturer constitute loyalty or traitorousness? In its active nose puking on BNP/JI's power base has been destroyed that force. Without investing anything in it, IND has used it like worse then toilet paper but where has been its consciousness all these times? Words written in Bangla don’t warrant more sympathy towards it than hatred for its sell out of money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom