What's new

Bangladesh Army

Not really. Geographical features of Indonesia, Singapore are much worse than us and yet they operate 70 ton tanks. Operability depends on ground pressure exerted per inch of terrain by the tracks

Got info Indonesia are in discussion to procure Altay MBT in near future, heavy tonnage seems not problem for countries like us. It is only matter on how well you are prepared the facility

Got info Indonesia are in discussion to procure Altay MBT in near future, heavy tonnage seems not problem for countries like us. It is only matter on how well you are prepared the facility
If anything the only factor limiting tank operation in bd is infrastructure. Very few designed for 70ton load

A Bangladeshi shipbuilder named Western Marine Shipyard (WMS) won a contract to build two Landing Craft Tank (LCT) amphibious vessels for the Bangladesh Army in July 2017. The shipyard was supposed to complete the construction and deliver the amphibious capable vessels by July 2019 however they missed the deadline.

107646915_174660667426778_8196413231182767433_o.jpg

Btw @The Ronin bhai do u have any idea about some drones from "Changshu Yitian aviation" for army ?

No, who did you talk to? AFAIK army issued tender for a UAV system.

A Bangladeshi shipbuilder named Western Marine Shipyard (WMS) won a contract to build two Landing Craft Tank (LCT) amphibious vessels for the Bangladesh Army in July 2017. The shipyard was supposed to complete the construction and deliver the amphibious capable vessels by July 2019 however they missed the deadline.

I know for a fact that army made a deal with that company for drones...i just don't know the model.
May be vtol/quad copter type...I googled by that name and I got nothing

Not really. Geographical features of Indonesia, Singapore are much worse than us and yet they operate 70 ton tanks. Operability depends on ground pressure exerted per inch of terrain by the tracks
Singapore buys the heavy tank becos of Malaysia buying the PT-91 tank. They just buy for the sake of matching peer. Before that Singapore are contend with operate of light tanks.

Singapore buys the heavy tank becos of Malaysia buying the PT-91 tank. They just buy for the sake of matching peer. Before that Singapore are contend with operate of light tanks.
Well they’ve a better economy than malaysia and pt91 is just a glorified soviet tank

Western Marine is perhaps the best and most capable private yard in the country. They have built Waterjet equipped OPV's capable of around 40 knots for foreign buyers previously.

They tend to operated heavier armor these days, Hunter IFV had around 32 tonnes weight, comparable to current IFV of Puma Germany, Ascod Pizzaro of Spain and Ajax from UK. On other hand the current generation of Sinkies Army utility vehicle all armored MRAP, not to mention Terrex APC is on heavier sides.
Well they’ve a better economy than malaysia and pt91 is just a glorified soviet tank

PT 91 had the same DNA as T72 M and Iraqi T72m1 Assad babil

They tend to operated heavier armor these days, Hunter IFV had around 32 tonnes weight, comparable to current IFV of Puma Germany, Ascod Pizzaro of Spain and Ajax from UK. On other hand the current generation of Sinkies Army utility vehicle all armored MRAP, not to mention Terrex APC is on heavier sides.

Yeah, auto loader nightmare, obsolete too by today’s standards

The 'Thermal Elbow Sight' thermal imaging sensor used in PT-91 tanks is of Israeli origin as supplied to Malaysia (sixty some odd vehicles). They had no issues with the electronics being Israeli, I have no idea why...

T-72B3 is the latest version of T-72 I believe, I could be wrong.

Not exactly you are saying. I have read this opinion of yours many a time. But, do you think, the width of a 70t tank tracks are double those of 35t tanks? You are making it very simplified. You have to provide data on track vs width.

Moreover, any and all tracks must be supported by the soil below. There is no doubt a 70t tank will perform better in the hard soil of Punjab than it will do in the soft and irrigated rice fields or near a river of BD.

Not exactly you are saying. I have read this opinion of yours many a time. But, do you think, the width of a 70t tank tracks are double those of 35t tanks? You are making it very simplified. You have to provide data on track vs width.

Moreover, any and all tracks must be supported by the soil below. There is no doubt a 70t tank will perform better in the hard soil of Punjab than it will do in the soft and irrigated rice fields or near a river of BD.
Track width is not the only factor, center of gravity also matters and so does power to weight ratio
Let’s be honest, thanks weren’t
Designed for paddy fields, but anywhere else, clay soil, red soil, black soil, cultivation lands for vegetables etc... can easily support tanks.
Russian geography is the worst for road/ tracked vehicles and yet the soviets were the largest tank manufacturer

Track width is not the only factor, center of gravity also matters and so does power to weight ratio
Let’s be honest, thanks weren’t
Designed for paddy fields, but anywhere else, clay soil, red soil, black soil, cultivation lands for vegetables etc... can easily support tanks.
Russian geography is the worst for road/ tracked vehicles and yet the soviets were the largest tank manufacturer

T34 was one of the most important reasons Russians won the war against the invading Nazi forces and pushed them back. Superb design - though unreliable, they made so many T-34's in so many factories, Nazis simply couldn't keep up.

SB1Defiant Expands the Flight Envelope – Achieved 205 Knots. Is expected to achieve 260 knots which is 300 MPH.

More info on role and commonality of utility and attack variants

Back
Top Bottom