What's new

Bangladesh Army

@Zabaniyah

Myanmar may be physically larger but BD has 3 times larger population and 3.5X larger GDP.
With the intent, BD can impose it's will on the Barmans.

In a word no.

Just look at Israel as an example. Are they feeling cool and dandy after...how many years? Far, far from it. They are not at peace with themselves. Afraid of 16 year old red-heads, pathetic......it's an insult for every self-respecting warrior out there who value their honor. At best, I would describe it as a fort that is very well supplied. But then, all forts are destined to be broken.

Morale of the story: Small countries cannot impose their will on bigger ones no matter how advanced that small country is, or how hard they try.

The only exceptions are large distances (e.g. US winning the Cold War against USSR) or divided by a significantly large water body (e.g. Russian-Japanese War). The examples of the victors mentioned aren't exactly small countries by the way, but comparatively, they were small relative to their opponent. Once again, I would really suggest to read some good books about war.

We are going to graduate from LDC status soon. Maybe we might get some neat toys, but I doubt our leadership. But hey, so would Burma. The happenings in Rakhine state had some pretty meaty backers. Singapore and Australia are whitewashing the happenings there. Singapore's Prime Minister went on saying “It’s an issue which is also in the public attention and it’s one of those where intense public attention sometimes makes it more difficult to solve,” WTF? What weed was that old fool smoking? I would love to try it :lol:

Now that says something. They invested a lot in Northern Rakhine. It took a long time. And they did not expect the global outrage. It was all about the land. And now it is heavily militarized. That makes them predictable.

The actions of a nation's troops are a reflection of the nation's leadership. If they are savage, their troops are savage. If they are cowards, their troops are timid. If they have honor, their leadership are honorable. Which was why I mentioned our leadership here and before.

There are options, there are powerful friends out there, we have the power to decide our security, but we are not utilizing that power properly. There's simply no one to challenge the ruling party which is a problem. It almost seems as if they are answering to someone else. The elections are knocking on the door. Like I said, a new chapter.

I confident that we can bring those stubborn generals to book. Or perhaps kill them if they truly have a deathwish. But....well, you get the gist of my post.

Honor is expensive. Don't expect it from cheap people.

In a word no.

Just look at Israel as an example. Are they feeling cool and dandy after...how many years? Far, far from it. They are not at peace with themselves. Afraid of 16 year old red-heads, pathetic......it's an insult for every self-respecting warrior out there who value their honor. At best, I would describe it as a fort that is very well supplied. But then, all forts are destined to be broken.

Morale of the story: Small countries cannot impose their will on bigger ones no matter how advanced that small country is, or how hard they try.

The only exceptions are large distances (e.g. US winning the Cold War against USSR) or divided by a significantly large water body (e.g. Russian-Japanese War). The examples of the victors mentioned aren't exactly small countries by the way, but comparatively, they were small relative to their opponent. Once again, I would really suggest to read some good books about war.

We are going to graduate from LDC status soon. Maybe we might get some neat toys, but I doubt our leadership. But hey, so would Burma. The happenings in Rakhine state had some pretty meaty backers. Singapore and Australia are whitewashing the happenings there. Singapore's Prime Minister went on saying “It’s an issue which is also in the public attention and it’s one of those where intense public attention sometimes makes it more difficult to solve,” WTF? What weed was that old fool smoking? I would love to try it :lol:

Now that says something. They invested a lot in Northern Rakhine. It took a long time. And they did not expect the global outrage. It was all about the land. And now it is heavily militarized. That makes them predictable.

The actions of a nation's troops are a reflection of the nation's leadership. If they are savage, their troops are savage. If they are cowards, their troops are timid. If they have honor, their leadership are honorable. Which was why I mentioned our leadership here and before.

There are options, there are powerful friends out there, we have the power to decide our security, but we are not utilizing that power properly. There's simply no one to challenge the ruling party which is a problem. It almost seems as if they are answering to someone else. The elections are knocking on the door. Like I said, a new chapter.

I confident that we can bring those stubborn generals to book. Or perhaps kill them if they truly have a deathwish. But....well, you get the gist of my post.

Honor is expensive. Don't expect it from cheap people.

The Jewish entity is not recognised as legitimate by the populations that surround it and has a much smaller population than them.
BD is recognised as legitimate and has 3 times the population of the Barman entity.
Land area is silly comparison as otherwise Canada should not be totally eclipsed by USA in economic and military power.

Bangladesh Army might buy MBT 3000. Chinese and BD generals were busy like bees for quiet a time now. Evaluations are ongoing. They are now trying to get the final nod from higher ups.

KEEP in mind this might take quiet a time to materialize. It took Army almost 8 years from the first day they showed interest, to put a final order for MBT 2000. (
I only hope this time they won't go for the downgraded version)

TBH Army is quiet desperate with the current situation of options. Russians tried to rip them off with the price for T90 (even tried to sell those good for nothing, shame of an Armour, Terrible-72 ).

They were originally interested in T 84 Oplot-M. But due to uncertainty regarding the production rate and delivery of the tanks by Ukraine made them to ditch it. They later ordered the MBT 2000.

Thai Army also evaluated the T 80 at same time of BA, later they placed an order. But Ukrainians failed to deliver the tanks within the desired time frame, that's why RTA cancelled rest of the order and bought MBT 3000.

Looks like BA too is taking the same path at last.

Last edited:
Bangladesh Army might buy MBT 3000. Chinese and BD generals were busy like bee for quiet a time now. Evaluations are ongoing. They are now trying to get the final nod from higher ups.

KEEP in mind this might take quiet a time to materialize. It took Army almost 8 years from the first day they showed interest, to put a final order for MBT 2000. (

TBH Army is quiet desperate with the current situation of options. Russians tried to rip them off with the price for T90 (even tried to sell those good for nothing, shame of an Armour, Terrible-72 ).

They were originally interested in T 80 Oplot-M. But due to uncertainty regarding the production rate and delivery of the tanks by Ukraine made them to ditch it. They later ordered the MBT 2000.

Thai Army also evaluated the T 80 at same time of BA, later they placed an order. But Ukrainians failed to deliver the tanks within the desired time frame, that's why RTA cancelled rest of the order and bought MBT 3000.

When I originally heard of this rumor, i heard that BD army was also considering serbian M-84AS? is this true?

When I originally heard of this rumor, i heard that BD army was also considering serbian M-84AS? is this true?
Yes. Army indeed evaluated the Serbian options for a bit. But Oplot-M seemed to appeal to them the most then.

Though I have to say even the M84AS is miles better than the Terrible-72. Oplot though, is much much better. Even better than the latest generation of T-90 I dare say.

You should read up on the Pakistan Army's recent Tank evolution. PA seemed to be quiet taken by the Oplot. They are also making the Ukrainians to put more advanced gadgets on this thing (this version dubbed "OPLOT-P" by some internet users). To curb the production rate and delivery rate problem, they wants an independent production line in Pakistan. The Second Phase of this evolution is still ongoing.

@Zabaniyah

Myanmar may be physically larger but BD has 3 times larger population and 3.5X larger GDP.
With the intent, BD can impose it's will on the Barmans.

Myanmar is too big to impose your will. It is too big for China and India to impose their will.
China and India are the big boys whether you like it or not.

On a side note Myanmar can make an alliance with India or China or outside power to prevent you from exploiting any advantage you have

Bangladesh Army might buy MBT 3000. Chinese and BD generals were busy like bees for quiet a time now. Evaluations are ongoing. They are now trying to get the final nod from higher ups.

They were originally interested in T 80 Oplot-M. But due to uncertainty regarding the production rate and delivery of the tanks by Ukraine made them to ditch it. They later ordered the MBT 2000.

Slight correction if I may - brothers.

The Ukrainians sold the T-84 Oplot-M to Thai Army I believe. Unless I am wrong. And yes - great option for a ToT based MBT production in Bangladesh which the Ukrainians will hopefully be pretty happy to oblige.

I'd much rather get a homegrown solution with increasing level of indigenous basic parts rather than what some other countries are calling 'homegrown'. 'Overgrown 'and 'unwieldy' is more like it.

oplot.jpg

The 'Oplot' is the one in the bottom. The top variant is called the 'Yatagan'. Don't know the difference.
FTtwFN8.jpg

Bilal Khan bhai discussed Pakistani interest in his QUWA site last year...

https://quwa.org/2017/05/02/pakistan-may-negotiate-ukraine-100-oplot-m-main-battle-tanks/

The Russians played the same game with army that they played with Air Force

They only offered us t72 while promising to sell us t-90ms and they wanted t90 money for 72 that were in reserve,
That’s why Bangladesh is also looking at the Chinese option, MBT-3000 shortcomings were fixed in the last couple of years.
Now I’m not sure which options bd will go for because this is also a strategic decision... this is why bd also is in talks with Italians and British for eurofighter in case Russians try to **** with us next month in sukhoi/mig deal signing.

By now 90% sure we’ll get mig 35, about the sukhoi though, if we get mig then we also get the sukhoi 35....
(I only hope this time they won't go for the downgraded version)
Computer ballistics etc were downgradedright!?

The Russians played the same game with army that they played with Air Force.
Their loss not ours. BA won't buy a single tank from them.

They only offered us t72 while promising to sell us t-90ms and they wanted t90 money for 72 that were in reserve,
That’s why Bangladesh is also looking at the Chinese option, MBT-3000 shortcomings were fixed in the last couple of years.
Now I’m not sure which options bd will go for because this is also a strategic decision... this is why bd also is in talks with Italians and British for eurofighter in case Russians try to **** with us next month in sukhoi/mig deal signing.
MBT 3000 is coming, I am quiet certain about that.
We don't have any strategic interest with the Ruskie axis anymore. It's EU- Japan-Korea- Singapore and China from now on.
Stay tune for Armed forces show this year, you might notice few more interesting things this time.
By now 90% sure we’ll get mig 35, about the sukhoi though, if we get mig then we also get the sukhoi 35....
I don't know what's actually going on, but BAF doesn't seemed to be all that interested in Mig. Ruskies are just overplaying their cards. Those tactics won't work anymore.
Computer ballistics etc were downgradedright!?

Yeah, from gadget to protection, this procurement was a total disappointment for BA. But it's still much better than the Terrible-72. That's why I say Terrible-72 is not be landing on our shore. If BA wants some cheap crap, they can easily buy more MBT-2000 in a cheaper price tag.

Last edited:
Their loss not ours. BA won't buy a single nut-bolt from them anymore.

MBT 3000 is coming, I am quiet certain about that.
We don't have any strategic interest with the Ruskie axis anymore. It's EU- Japan-Korea- Singapore and China from now on.
Stay tune for Armed forces show this year, you might notice few more interesting things this time.

I don't know what's actually going on, but BAF doesn't seemed to be all that interested in Mig. Ruskies are just overplaying their cards. Those tactics won't work anymore.

Yeah, from gadget to protection, this procurement was a total disappointment for BA. But it's still much better than the Terrible-72. That's why I say Terrible-72 is not be landing on our shore. If BA wants some cheap crap, they can easily buy more MBT-2000 in a cheaper price tag.
You bought downgraded variant of mat-2000 for 4 million a pop..

Bangladesh Army Infantry member with Night Vision Device (NVD)

Bangladesh Army uses mordern & NATO grades NVD nad other equipments.

Source-DTB

29572492_1655627341192359_8333777109619800006_n.jpg

Slight correction if I may - brothers.

The Ukrainians sold the T-84 Oplot-M to Thai Army I believe. Unless I am wrong. And yes - great option for a ToT based MBT production in Bangladesh which the Ukrainians will hopefully be pretty happy to oblige.

I'd much rather get a homegrown solution with increasing level of indigenous basic parts rather than what some other countries are calling 'homegrown'. 'Overgrown 'and 'unwieldy' is more like it.

oplot.jpg

The 'Oplot' is the one in the bottom. The top variant is called the 'Yatagan'. Don't know the difference.
FTtwFN8.jpg

Bilal Khan bhai discussed Pakistani interest in his QUWA site last year...

https://quwa.org/2017/05/02/pakistan-may-negotiate-ukraine-100-oplot-m-main-battle-tanks/

Seen both the tanks on a road trip cross country.... huge af mate.

Back
Top Bottom