What's new

Bangladesh Army

as per previous govt. decision J-10 is the likely choice for 4++ generation fighter ,what we know that 1 billion dollar agreement was under process for 36 aircraft . it will be the most economical choice considering our economy . along with this facing out fantan can be replace by jf-17 block II as later one will have some commonality with J-10 .

as per previous govt. decision J-10 is the likely choice for 4++ generation fighter ,what we know that 1 billion dollar agreement was under process for 36 aircraft . it will be the most economical choice considering our economy . along with this facing out fantan can be replace by jf-17 block II as later one will have some commonality with J-10 .

What really are the BAF decisions no one really knows for sure whether it has decided to buy migs, F-7bGs or FC- 1s, or any two of these three options. But, these will be only to fulfill its interim needs. However, if it is the question of buying FC-1, then it will buy directly from China. It will not buy the equivalent JF-17 which is same as FC-1, but is produced in Pakistan with Chinese technological collaborations.

Yes, by paying $1 billion a piece, it may be possible to buy 36 units of J-10s. China always sells to us at a very special rate, and no one really knows for sure the real market price of J-10 because it has not been sold abroad.

Following is a report of military purchases from China. But, it is in Bengali, and the last paragraph says about the purchase. It says of buying tanks and planes and also says no progress yet about frigate purchase. I have read somewhere that the govt will form a new Tank Regiment and 44 units of T-96G will be procured for that. Planes will probably FC-1, this is what I assume.

The newspaper does not say anything about the number of any of these two purchases. But, I wonder what the military will do with the 100 units of 1200 HP tank engines it has already purchased from Ukraine? Could it be that some other old model tanks will be upgraded and fitted with this engine and also ATGMs?

????? ???????? ???? ??????? ????? - ????? ???

gallery_1_12_19522.jpg

Surface-to-air.

gallery_1_12_9147.jpg

Anti-tank.

Sorry about the poor image quality.

Which are these missiles?

1. It is learnt that 100x T96Gs are in the pipeline to equip an armored bde. BA has also advance booked T99 MBTs which have not been released for export. Obviously BA's armor development follows a Chinese strategy in this region. Otherwise BA would not having the number of tanks it already has and propose to procure.

2. I suppose BAF would be watching carefully the outcome of final MRCA option by IAF. Meanwhile BAF is replacing her aging fighters with cheaper option. But the top of the line is yet to be selected. F16 is an option. BAF pilots have been flying these with TuAF for a while. Russia is also trying to sell her best after being spurned by India. BAF is aware it is small and must go for the best quality that the nation can afford.

3. BN crew have been training with TuN for submarines. I believe two were under construction in Turkey on a S Africa design and with S Korean collaboration. Meanwhile China has renewed its offer of transfer of an old sub to BN for free, but BN doesn't want an old eqpt. China has also not withdrawn its offer to construct a sub base in BD free, but with the request that PLAN be allowed to place a nuclear sub there.

4. All in all BD armed forces are always trying to keep up. Although small, it is not too small for the task allotted to it by the nation.

I wish I could go on bdmilitary for more information but I have been blocked from the site.

F-16s are old too. I would go for Rafale or Grippen or F-18/ or Typhoon... all very good planes.

F-16s are old too. I would go for Rafale or Grippen or F-18/ or Typhoon... all very good planes.
I would love for BD to get Gripen or a F-18 as I don't think JF-17 would be a good decision including that it has a very weak aerodynamic design and I don't think I could complete any good turns or fast as other Fighters hopefully BD will choose a good fighter and not always the cheap alternative as they usually do but MIG-29 are also quite old and but a very good fighter indeed. I would love for BD to have J-10 instead of JF-17 but usually these fighters are not war-proven as a F-16, hopefully BD will choose a good fighter which is war-proven fighter I cannot trust J-10 or JF-17. In order to defend BD they must choose a good fighter but I am absolutely sure our Air Force is very proffesional and good decision makers but govt. is what is putting us back.

1. It is learnt that 100x T96Gs are in the pipeline to equip an armored bde. BA has also advance booked T99 MBTs which have not been released for export. Obviously BA's armor development follows a Chinese strategy in this region. Otherwise BA would not having the number of tanks it already has and propose to procure.

2. I suppose BAF would be watching carefully the outcome of final MRCA option by IAF. Meanwhile BAF is replacing her aging fighters with cheaper option. But the top of the line is yet to be selected. F16 is an option. BAF pilots have been flying these with TuAF for a while. Russia is also trying to sell her best after being spurned by India. BAF is aware it is small and must go for the best quality that the nation can afford.

3. BN crew have been training with TuN for submarines. I believe two were under construction in Turkey on a S Africa design and with S Korean collaboration. Meanwhile China has renewed its offer of transfer of an old sub to BN for free, but BN doesn't want an old eqpt. China has also not withdrawn its offer to construct a sub base in BD free, but with the request that PLAN be allowed to place a nuclear sub there.

4. All in all BD armed forces are always trying to keep up. Although small, it is not too small for the task allotted to it by the nation.
Our army have always been good especially for its size and will defend our country with all its might.

MiG-29s are old if not modernized. Otherwise they're pretty good and most US pilots when on training drills here in Bulgaria, ask our pilots to give them chance to fly a MiG-29

Which are these missiles?

First one is QW-2 Vanguard 2. It is an improved version of the FIM-92 Stinger.

The second one is the HJ-8/Baktar Shikan. Similar to the Russian Red Arrow AT rocket.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom