What's new

Bangladesh Army

This picture of LCVP made in Bangladesh was uploaded before with an odd angle that was very funny, indeed, which caused the hypocrite Indians to joke page after page. The current picture is quite good. Thing is, this boat is not meant for a sea voyage. It is meant for shallow river water and the boat is built to serve that purpose. So, so far we have built two FACs and one LCVP for our military. Shortly, our docks will build two stealth missile corvettes.

The angle of aim shows it kills tanks or artillery.

I agree with you on LCVP angle of picture taken before. Anyway, the ship indeed looks great. And also, agree with you that, this LCVP is meant for shallow waters and made for Army, not Navy. This is not to transport vehicles and personnel to the see but to do same to take them to the various parts of Bangladesh using the rivers during war times and also in peace times. This is a purpose built ship and looking at it, I must say, Bangladeshi engineers have nailed it.

Adding to your list, Bangladesh so far have built 2x FAC (3x building), 1x LCVP, 1x Oil Tanker, 1x Survey Ship (building) etc.

Do you mean to say the project has been already completed as was planned? Now it is already 2013.

I do not believe so. You see, there is no talks about this in govt. or no TV coverage nor in Anirban program. If there was any, AL govt. would have at least mentioned it in public to show their credit. I believe that project was cancelled in favor of MBT-2000. Also, Bangladesh Army do not have 300 Type-59 Tank. According to Siipri, 80 Type-59/69/79 tanks bade it to Bangladesh.

I do not believe so. You see, there is no talks about this in govt. or no TV coverage nor in Anirban program. If there was any, AL govt. would have at least mentioned it in public to show their credit. I believe that project was cancelled in favor of MBT-2000. Also, Bangladesh Army do not have 300 Type-59 Tank. According to Siipri, 80 Type-59/69/79 tanks bade it to Bangladesh.

1. TV coverage only comes when Armed forces disclose something, our Armed forces normally do not disclose everything. there are many examples about it. AL govt or any govt. in BD will not disclose, people do not appreciate it rather criticize it, $1B arms deal is an example of it.
2. MBT2000 and Type-59 are different things.
3. if we consider SIPRI bangladesh only has 80 59/69/79 and 44 MBT200 = 124 battle tanks :cuckoo:

1. TV coverage only comes when Armed forces disclose something, our Armed forces normally do not disclose everything. there are many examples about it. AL govt or any govt. in BD will not disclose, people do not appreciate it rather criticize it, $1B arms deal is an example of it.
3. if we consider SIPRI bangladesh only has 80 59/69/79 and 44 MBT200 = 124 battle tanks :cuckoo:

Well i heard different stuffs. The cost of the upgrade was supposedly way too much therefore the Army went for the new tanks

The following report says of 300 Type-59 MBTs to be upgraded. I believe, it is already complete or will be completed shortly. It is preposterous to say just like all other civilian departments our military also cannot do a pre-work cost calculation of a project.

The you tube describes all the features of modifications. I have been hearing about the improvement project since a long time and I do not think there is any reason to discard 300 tanks that can be upgraded in favor of buying only 44 MBT-2000 tanks. Even a civilian AL govt will not dare to stop such a BA project only because PA technicians will help the project. AL knows where to spit their venom.

Bangladesh Army's Type 59 Main Battle Tank Upgrade Project - YouTube

The following is a wiki report. It says Type-59 and type-59ll are 264 in total. These will be upgraded. There are older type-54 tanks which are supposed to be turned to APCs. I think, both these projects make sense and there is no reason that the projects have been discarded only because of PA connection. BA always works clockwise.

"---------------According to inventory as of 2010, the army currently has 264 T 59 and T 59IIs and 30 T-54 which is however been converted to heavy APC / IFV."

Dear friend,

I can not agree with you. Because:

1. AL govt. did display the newly procured MBT-2000 in TV along with the FM-90 and C-802A and C-704 induction. They did also display in all media the introduction of the Padma class, Dhaleswari Class and Castle class. They did also displayed the Nora B-52 in TV. They even did display the design of the Type-56 corvette on National TV even before joining the navy.

2. Before ordering those MBT-2000, govt. opt for possible options on hand. one of them was upgrading Type-59 tanks to Type-59G standard, Buying Type-59G, Buying T-84 Yatagan, Buying Type-96, Buying MBT-2000 (VT-1A). Govt. finally decided to go for MBT-2000.

3. SIIPRI is now one of the most authentic source of information worldwide. SIIPRI suggests 80 Type-59/69/79 which also includes the units received on aid. Total is 133 including ARV.

Thanks

The following report says of 300 Type-59 MBTs to be upgraded. I believe, it is already complete or will be completed shortly. It is preposterous to say just like all other civilian departments our military also cannot do a pre-work cost calculation of a project.

The you tube describes all the features of modifications. I have been hearing about the improvement project since a long time and I do not think there is any reason to discard 300 tanks that can be upgraded in favor of buying only 44 MBT-2000 tanks. Even a civilian AL govt will not dare to stop such a BA project only because PA technicians will help the project. AL knows where to spit their venom.

Yes I have watched the video. However, in the complete video, do they ever mention anything about Bangladesh or Bangladesh Army? NO. Its a foreign video which says the modification meant for the Type-59 MBT. You will also find 100 more video like these in the same site regarding upgraded BTR-80, Fahd, BTR-70, MT-LB etc. These videos doesn't mean they are meant for Bangladesh.

Thanks Mate..

Back
Top Bottom