What's new

Featured Bangladesh Army Starts Evaluating Medium Range Surface To Air Missile Systems

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

1598296487610.png

who was this memo directed to? And why official letters, appearing in non-official site? Sure that was not the intention or purpose of the memo.

What kind of policy position PDF take (@WebMaster) on this?

who was this memo directed to? And why official letters, appearing in non-official site? Sure that was not the intention or purpose of the memo.

who was this memo directed to?

The world.

And why official letters, appearing in non-official site? Sure that was not the intention or purpose of the memo.

Collected from the DGDP site.

Promote discussion on military affairs.

who was this memo directed to?

The world.

And why official letters, appearing in non-official site? Sure that was not the intention or purpose of the memo.

Collected from the DGDP site.

Promote discussion on military affairs.

If the memo was posted in public site for all to view, then its all good.

What makes a SAM medium range...km wise?

What makes a SAM medium range...km wise?

Screenshot_20200825-095947~2.png

AFAIK, Hisar - Os newer variant has a range over 50 KM, but remains to be seen what variant BD gets, If they're looking to get Hisar - O.

HQ-22 actually has a maximum range of 170 KMs, so I doubt that is coming under MRSAM for BA, but bear in mind, I'm referring to the latest variant here, older variants might still be considered MRSAM.

View attachment 663796

AFAIK, Hisar - Os newer variant has a range over 50 KM, but remains to be seen what variant BD gets, If they're looking to get Hisar - O.

HQ-22 actually has a maximum range of 170 KMs, so I doubt that is coming under MRSAM for BA, but bear in mind, I'm referring to the latest variant here, older variants might still be considered MRSAM.
First BA should buy Stinger missiles in plenty with a range of 5km as a humble beginning.
Then it should go for an AWACS, even a second hand will do the job.

One thing is sure that army started evaluation process long before the official announcement.

HISAR-O+ is not even in serial production. So i wouldn't hope that much. Like DTB admin said HQ-16 and Sky Dragon can be the best options as both are operational in four countries and army displayed HQ-16 in military hardware display two times. But army also showed interest in HISAR-O and delegates was present during it's test launch, so three strong contenders at least. I hope Korea, South Africa and MBDA will offer their product too. Army should choose something with anti-ballistic missile capability.

Last edited:
I see HISAR O And atmaca as the future of bd naval warfare. Good interest was shown from bd side. If Chinese ly80 was to be bought... it would have happened already with the 2017 tender

I see HISAR O And atmaca as the future of bd naval warfare. Good interest was shown from bd side. If Chinese ly80 was to be bought... it would have happened already with the 2017 tender
Only S-400 type defensive system can cause hindrance to Rafale and Brahmos....If one don't have a Nuclear umbrella protection like BD unlike Pakistan, in which nuclear missiles are ready to fire All in one Go.:drag:

If Chinese ly80 was to be bought... it would have happened already with the 2017 tender
Exactly my point..though i think it will be Chinese in the end ...but a large amount of soldiers,jco and officers are learning Turkish language batch after batch.

Exactly my point..though i think it will be Chinese in the end ...but a large amount of soldiers,jco and officers are learning Turkish language batch after batch.
At least 15 billion$ to be invested if bangladesh wants sth behind it against India, in both air defence systems Tanks and Radars.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom