What's new

Bangladesh- Another Taliban in making?

Red Dwarf and i think seiko had thanked the following post of ironman for a Bangladeshi member in his thread about Hindu terrorism so i would like to post the same for our dear Indian member Boxer here :) Hope the Indian members will thank this post too ;)

Take its printout and hang it on your mirror. I am just doing what you guys have been doing for years. So yes, i am not tired. :rofl:

How do you like the taste of your own medicine? Alas, idune is opening thread after thread to bash india but couldn't match up. I guess his googling skills are giving up!

Red Dwarf and i think seiko had thanked the following post of ironman for a Bangladeshi member in his thread about Hindu terrorism so i would like to post the same for our dear Indian member Boxer here :) Hope the Indian members will thank this post too ;)

Yes I thanked Ironman ..Because Idune is not here for discussion he dont want to discuss it he is just want to post some retarded news..Let him discuss it we can all join ..and here boxer is willing to discuss and you guys are going offtopic..

Yes I thanked Ironman ..Because Idune is not here for discussion he dont want to discuss it he is just want to post some retarded news..Let him discuss it we can all join ..and here boxer is willing to discuss and you guys are going offtopic..

They are simply beating around the bush. What i gave here are facts not some fairy tales. Till now, no one could debunk the fact that Indian minority population is increasing and becoming prosperous whereas those in BD, be it hindu or christian or bhuddist, is decreasing and migrating to india.

Are terror groups finding a haven in Bangladesh? | csmonitor.com

By David Montero

Osama bin Laden may be laying low in Pakistan. But many of South Asia's terrorists have a new hideout: Bangladesh.

In recent days, Bangladeshi police have been hot on the trail of disturbing developments: they've uncovered a plot that used Bangladesh to transit thousands of weapons to an Indian separatist group, and followed up by arresting key members of that group in Dhaka, the Bangladeshi capital, reports The Times of India.

Around the same time, police arrested a fugitive hit man working for Daud Ibrahim, one of South Asia's most notorious terrorists. While in custody, the assassin divulged that 150 of Mr. Ibrahim's operatives are stationed in Bangladesh, according to The Daily Star, a leading English-language newspaper based in Dhaka.

Ibrahim's network is said to span Al-Qaeda, Bollywood, and the organized crime world of Dubai. India authorities blame him for masterminding several bomb attacks inside India, according to Foreign Policy.

The news is deeply unsettling for Bangladesh, a poor, Muslim-majority nation of 150 million that is struggling to put democracy back into place following two years of military-backed rule, according to BDNews24, a Bangladeshi news service:

Local government minister Syed Asharful Islam said ... Bangladesh would face the fate of Pakistan if the country was not prepared to tackle the growing spate of terrorism.

Talking to reporters in the capital he said Bangladesh needed to work seriously to tackle the issue since terrorism is a global phenomenon....

Ashraful's remarks echoed US ambassador James F Moriarty's comment that Bangladesh still faced threat of militancy.

About terrorism, Moriarty said at a Meet the Press at Dhaka Reporters Unity that recent seizure of weapons in Bhola and continued arrest of suspected ... militants demonstrate that "terrorism remains a concern" in the country.

He said Washington got "disturbing indications" of terrorist threat in Bangladesh."

The arms case is particularly disturbing because of the alleged role of Bangladesh's intelligence service. The Daily Star reports that two former intelligence chiefs have admitted to collusion in the deal, which consisted of more than 20,000 grenades. The arms were intended for the Indian separatist group United Liberation Front of Assam, or ULFA.

The Indian Express newspaper has also pointed out that Pakistan's security service, the ISI, was allegedly involved:

Retired Wing Commander Shahabuddin, an ex-director of the National Security Intelligence told investigators that detained suspects of the haul had several talks with ISI officials working with Pakistan's High Commission in Dhaka, Pratham Olo said quoting officials familiar to the probe.

The revelations are shocking because they have confirmed allegations that India has leveled at Bangladesh for years, says Diganta Sarkar, a blogger originally from West Bengal in India, on his blog The New Horizon.

India has long been accusing that Bangladesh has been used for anti-Indian activities, especially with ULFA. Bangladesh has so far denied all these. However, if this confession statement is true, the allegations would be difficult to deny. [Bangladeshi Prime Minister] Sheikh Hasina has promised the countrymen that they will free Bangladesh from any traces of terror. If she is sincere to her promise, ULFA is going to face tough time ahead. As we can see, the ball-game has already changed

Take its printout and hang it on your mirror.

:) I have no love for hanging your portrait.

I am just doing what you guys have been doing for years. So yes, i am not tired.
If for years Hindu terrorism is prevalent in India against non-Hindus then what can we do

How do you like the taste of your own medicine? Alas, idune is opening thread after thread to bash india but couldn't match up. I guess his googling skills are giving up!

I think that should be taste of own medicine for Hindus who are killing Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and even own Dalits.

The Bangladeshi members will be in a better position to reply your blames about their country but by reading your posts 99% links/sources you provided against BD are biased and one-sided.

Dont give me things from website which is run by murtids as thats what murtids have to do and that is anti-Islam propaganda.

Also do not give me things from Gomes who is a murtid. Also dont give me propaganda from SAAG which run by RAW.

I can only consider one report by BBC as having some beef .

typical indian self praise foot soldier, no link no credibilty only propaganda from indian and hindu funded hindu supramacy organization. These oraganization works in US and EU with active indian funding to lobby against Bangladesh.

:) I have no love for hanging your portrait.

If for years Hindu terrorism is prevalent in India against non-Hindus then what can we do

I think that should be taste of own medicine for Hindus who are killing Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and even own Dalits.

The Bangladeshi members will be in a better position to reply your blames about their country but by reading your posts 99% links/sources you provided against BD are biased and one-sided.

Dont give me things from website which is run by murtids as thats what murtids have to do and that is anti-Islam propaganda.

Also do not give me things from Gomes who is a murtid. Also dont give me propaganda from SAAG which run by RAW.

I can only consider one report by BBC as having some beef .

YAWN.... go refer to minority population change (increase/decrease) in BD and India and even your land of pure before shooting gibberish. Secondly, Japan police arresting BD nationals, comments of BD ministers, UN data, Amnesty International data, views of washington and US ambassador comments are all fake and fabricated.

Go into your rupee news world and trust its authenticity. You are only here to put icing on the pudding, nothing more.

typical indian self praise foot soldier, no link no credibilty only propaganda from indian and hindu funded hindu supramacy organization. These oraganization works in US and EU with active indian funding to lobby against Bangladesh.

If its against Bangladesh, it has to be false right...? :rofl:

I wonder how RAW is funding WHOLE world against you but they couldn't bribe you. Useless RAW :rofl:

Secondly, Japan police arresting BD nationals

Here is the truth Japan admitted mistake arresting Bangaldeshi national. And india propaganda utterly debunked.

'I want to clear my name and the name of my country'

High-profile arrest, low-key release spells disaster for Bangladeshi businessman and his compatriots living in Japan
By TONY MCNICOL

One morning Islam Mohamed Himu woke up to find the Japanese media camped outside his home, and plainclothes police officers banging on his front door.

Islam Mohamed Himu says that he has "lost it all" since his arrest. "I am zero... no, not zero, minus."

"They arrested me in front of my wife, in front of my children. My wife was crying, my daughter was crying, I was crying. I told them 'you have made a mistake' but they arrested me by force."

So began a Kafkaesque ordeal for the 33-year-old Bangladeshi. The morning of his arrest he woke up the proud father of two young children and a successful businessman. Twenty-four hours later he was being interrogated in a police cell and the world's media were linking his face and name with international terrorism.

Himu wasn't to see his wife, son and daughter for another seven weeks and one day.

He was interrogated from morning till night 6 days a week, first in Kanagawa, then for 20 straight days without a break in Tokyo.

During that time, the media speculated excitedly (and wrongly) over the reasons for his arrest: that Himu was an al-Qaeda cell leader; that he was a money launderer and spy for the terrorist organization. Yet when Himu was released he was charged with nothing more than employing two illegal aliens, and was fined 300,000 yen.

Yet the confirmation of his innocence was met with a deafening silence from the very same media that had loudly relayed details of the police's investigation.

He says that his business has been destroyed, his reputation left in tatters. "I can't even send anything by express mail. I try to use my company's name and they say they cannot do business (with me). People still think I am in al-Qaeda."

The first hint Himu had that something was amiss came about a week before his arrest when a TV crew turned up at his office with a photograph of a man they wanted to know if Himu recognized.

Himu remembered him only as "Samir," a man he had met at a mosque in Gunma Prefecture in 1999.

In fact, the man in the photo was Lionel Dumont, a French national suspected of being linked to al-Qaeda and attempting to set up a terrorist cell in Tokyo.

Dumont had lived freely in Japan for several years before being arrested in Germany and extradited to France and was one of several hundred customers for Himu's pre-paid telephone card business. Himu says he had no knowledge of Dumont's alleged al-Qaeda links.

Himu's lawyer, Takeshi Furukawa believes that "the police neglected Mr. Himu's human rights, and publicly announced the allegation of his being a member of al-Qaeda to the mass media, though this allegation was completely unrelated to the reasons given for his arrest."

In short, Furukawa says that the police deliberately leaked details of their investigation to the press and implied that Himu was guilty.
The question is why?
Furukawa believes it was an attempt to save face on the part of the police.

The police had been shown up by their failure to apprehend Dumont -- and apparently even to know that he had been in Japan. "It was probably a complete loss of face for the police," he says. "They had to show the public that they were dealing with foreigners properly as well . . . the police used the media."

On the day of his arrest, the Asahi Shimbun reported on the police's investigation of Himu's office opposite Yokosuka base.

The article had a surprisingly detailed account of the police's actions: an unnamed source in the Kanagawa police was quoted as saying that a foreigner had been seen observing the U.S. naval base through binoculars from Himu's fourth floor office -- something Himu's lawyer dismisses as "completely made-up."

Himu says he chose the location in order to sell phone-cards to soldiers and other foreign nationals at the base, and that, in any case, the view of the base from his office is almost completely obscured by a signboard.

The police for their part have issued a statement to the media saying that "an appropriate investigation took place in adherence with the law."

But Himu's arrest didn't just mean personal disaster for him.

In the following weeks, hundreds of Bangladeshis in Tokyo were singled out for police attention on account of their nationality. And members of the Bangladeshi community say that the numbers of illegal Bangladeshi workers arrested and deported in June was some three times the average monthly amount.

"The police just shut their eyes to the illegal workers because they are necessary to the economy, but when something happens they crack down," says Monzurul Huq, a Tokyo-based Bangladeshi journalist. "Bangladeshis were very afraid the whole time Himu was under arrest."

Since the Japanese media has largely left reports linking Himu to al-Qaeda uncorrected, Japanese people who knew relatively little about Bangladesh in the first place, now associate the country with terrorism.

"Japanese people know that Bangladesh is a poor country and that they are sending Bangladesh help, but suddenly Bangladeshi has been tainted with al-Qaeda."

The problems started the day after Himu was arrested, says Bangladeshi businessman Dulal Chowdhory. "One of my staff's mother came to the office and said her daughter would stop working (for me) because maybe Bangladeshis are involved with al-Qaeda."

Journalist Huq organized a news conference to help Himu tell his story to the Western media, but he questions why the Japanese media has largely failed to correct their mistakes. "No one has apologized . . . is it because Himu comes from a poor third world country?"

Himu says that when he calls friends and businesses connections they ask him not to call again, fearing trouble from the authorities.

His 3-year-old daughter is still has been affected by the shock of seeing 14 police officers enter their home and take her father away by force. Himu's mother in Bangladesh has been sick in hospital since she heard of his arrest.

"I lost my trust, my company. I lost the company I named after my son," says Himu. "What money I had, I lost it all. I am zero . . . no, not zero, minus."

Yet, one Bangladeshi friend has some cold comfort for Himu. Despite his ruined livelihood and reputation, it could be worse, she says.

"At least he is free. If they had found anything at all they thought was suspicious, he could be in Guantanamo now."

Send your comments to: community@japantimes.co.jp
The Japan Times: Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2004

'I want to clear my name and the name of my country' | The Japan Times Online

Last edited:
Alleged al-Qaeda link seeks vindication

Bangladeshi wants apology, claims he was falsely accused by police, press A Bangladeshi businessman who was incorrectly alleged by police and the media last year as being linked to the al-Qaeda terrorist network is seeking vindication.

Islam Mohamed Himu, a Bangladeshi resident of Japan, details how his life changed after being arrested by police and alleged to have links to al-Qaeda.

Investigators held Islam Mohamed Himu for 43 days but ultimately found he had no links to al-Qaeda.

Himu said that even since being freed, he has struggled to get his life and business back on track. He has filed a complaint of human rights violations with the Japan Federation of Bar Associations.

"I want to ask senior officials of the government or police: what was my fault?" Himu said in an interview.

"The Japanese police and media have destroyed my life," said the 34-year-old, who runs a telecommunications company in Tokyo.

"I want them to apologize and restore my life," he said, urging the government to help him obtain visas to make business trips to several countries that have barred his entry following the allegations.

Himu came to Japan in 1995 with his Japanese wife, whom he had met in Canada. After establishing a firm in Tokyo that mainly sells prepaid international phone cards, he obtained permanent residency in 2000.

Police arrested him last May 26 and issued a fresh warrant June 16. They alleged he had falsified a corporate registration and illegally hired two employees, including his brother.

While in custody, investigators mostly asked if he had any links to al-Qaeda, noting that a Frenchman suspected of being in al-Qaeda bought prepaid phone cards from him several times, according to Himu.

He said he tried to prove he had no connection with terrorists, telling police the Frenchman was one of several hundred customers and he had no idea the man used an alias.

However, police dismissed his claim, he said, and leaked to major media organizations, including Kyodo, their suspicions that he was involved with al-Qaeda, and all of them reported the allegations.

Himu said he believes police arrested him as a scapegoat even though they knew he had no link with al-Qaeda.

He was nabbed shortly after the media reported that the Frenchman had stayed in Japan in 2002 and 2003.

Prosecutors did not indict him on the first charge, while a court fined him 300,000 yen on the second charge. He was released on July 7.

Himu said the prosecutors' failure to indict proves he was not an al-Qaeda member, but it did not necessarily constitute a public apology.

All his employees left following the release of the sketchy police information, and he now has 120 million yen in debts due to the disruption of his business, he claimed.

The Japan Times: Saturday, April 2, 2005

Alleged al-Qaeda link seeks vindication | The Japan Times Online

indian lie and propaganda blown away once again.

If you are unable to read my post, get yourself examined for eye test.
Ok, first of all its not an Indian propaganda. News agency global politician is in NY, USA NOT India

And second, let me rephrase my post.

Japanese police apprehended two more Bangladeshis, suspected of ties with the Frenchman Limel Dumont who allegedly provided funds and support for the Al Qaida network.
* Earlier three Bangladeshis stood arrested on the same count by the Japanese police.
* Japanese police believe that the Frenchman had been attempting to set up a terrorist cell in Japan from March 2002 onwards, and has provided money and equipment to Islamic radicals including Al Qaida.
* The Frenchman’s cover was as a used car salesman.

Do you understand difference between suspected and guilty. So you exposed no lies, they were indeed arrested on suspicion. And this thread doesn't only claims of BD nationals arrested in japan, how can you debunk whitehouse and US ambassador statements?

indians used japanese WOT duped news to run propaganda against Bangladeshis and now crying wolf on getting caught red handed. What a pathetic indian attempt.

If you are unable to read my post, get yourself examined for eye test.
Ok, first of all its not an Indian propaganda. News agency global politician is in NY, USA NOT India

And second, let me rephrase my post.

Do you understand difference between suspected and guilty. So you exposed no lies, they were indeed arrested on suspicion. And this thread doesn't only claims of BD nationals arrested in japan, how can you debunk whitehouse and US ambassador statements?

BoxerB: Maybe im diverting from the thread ... but need to give credit where it is due ... recent actions by the BD government clearly suggest's that BD is no safe heaven for terrorist's. That speaks volume about the tolerance they have for extremist group's.

BoxerB: Maybe im diverting from the thread ... but need to give credit where it is due ... recent actions by the BD government clearly suggest's that BD is no safe heaven for terrorist's. That speaks volume about the tolerance they have for extremist group's.

Yes, we must also praise BD govt for action against ULFA. I am neither hypocritical nor BD hater. What i want to emphasize is that India is not responsible for all the misery's of BD and we actually needs friendly relation with them. But their press demoralizes me, especially rupee news cheap stuff.

They have their set of problems and we have ours. So lets not get into mud slugging match and demonize each other.

When the push comes to Shove (Burma), they (BD govt) not only looks at India for help but their press blames all war hysteria on wrong doing of Indian RAW.

A lie can be halfway around the world before the truth gets its boots on.

Back
Top Bottom