What's new

Bangladesh and India to permanently resolve all border disputes

I hope all parties are taken on board before Hasina unilaterally signs off Bangladeshi land to India
First, it would be as per Indira-Mujib Agreement 1974. There is nothing 'unilateral' - a favourite Pakistani word - about it.

Second, Bangladesh actually stands to gain land.

The proposal of building a fly-over is a bit baffling. A feasibility study was conducted sometime in 80s (as far as I can remember) and rejected, following which the current arrangement was agreed upon.

What changed since then.

Well,3 days back a local daily reported about the local upserge as the flyover proposal is taken into account seriously now.they are getting political support as well from tmc,if i correctly remember.so things getting serious.

jk1.jpg

BD had always been ready to resolve it and in the past it had taken some steps as well to resolve enclaves issue but India never acted on treaty.

I hope Hasina govt wont sell BD this time

Now is the time to act and resolve the border dispute peacefully which is hurting both countries badly.

Now is the time to act and resolve the border dispute peacefully which is hurting both countries badly.

Ask the GoI to become a little sincere in its approach towards the border demarcation issue. It seems the dispute does not include south Talpatty.

Tin central govt has been pushing for the tin bigha corridor to be handed over to bd as promised,but the wb govt is against it,as it will cut off a piece of indian land from the indian mainland.delhi is proposing a flyover as a solution,but the locals are firmly against it.so,dont really know how the problem can be solved.

AFAIK Tin Bigha Corridor is already transffered to BD. Wiki mention the date as June 26, 1992.

India's 'take all' policy with all its neighbours is the real hindrance to any BD efforts to solve the border disputes.

Stop ranting here and speak up on the issue.

now who started that,i was very much talking on the issue,but it seems u people cannot even digest good relation with both the nation's

AFAIK Tin Bigha Corridor is already transffered to BD. Wiki mention the date as June 26, 1992.

No it is not. But BD citizen are allowed to pass through every other hour in day time.

Well,3 days back a local daily reported about the local upserge as the flyover proposal is taken into account seriously now.they are getting political support as well from tmc,if i correctly remember.so things getting serious.

So, the best approach is to exchange land for land. Give us Tin Bigha corridor, we give you same amount of land from somewhere else. Angorpota and Dahagram have become two ghettoes separated by a small Indian land.

Eastwatch,we just not for god sake seperate some of our brothers from the mainland by giving away the corridor to bd.Even then delhi is pushing for it,what stopping this move is the locals and the WB govt.And there problem is also not a small one.

"Dusto loker misti kotha kokhono bhulio na" No comment1

Eastwatch,we just not for god sake seperate some of our brothers from the mainland by giving away the corridor to bd.Even then delhi is pushing for it,what stopping this move is the locals and the WB govt.And there problem is also not a small one.

The arrangement will be reciprocal if lands are bartered. In some cases two entire enclaves may be exchanged in a reciprocal deal.

So, the best approach is to exchange land for land. Give us Tin Bigha corridor, we give you same amount of land from somewhere else. Angorpota and Dahagram have become two ghettoes separated by a small Indian land.

Is it possible to share a link wherein all the enclaves on both sides are seen. Something that shows Indian areas in BD & vice versa.

I for one do not have an idea on this , if you or anyone does kindly share this for ppl like me to educate himself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom