What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I'm little bit dissatisfied. All the countries getting generation 5 fighter jet and we are getting 4+ and that is no now even, it is on 2018. Dissapointing!

I'm little bit dissatisfied. All the countries getting generation 5 fighter jet and we are getting 4+ and that is no now even, it is on 2018. Dissapointing!

The countries who will be getting 5th gen fighters are developed countries or economic giants. If we compare to countries of our level, we are actually doing quite good :)

Brother look at those countries who is getting 5th gen AC......they all are economically technologically and of course military giant........we still have a baby economics compared to them......and if you talk about military we are well trained but ill equipped currently..........

yeah i know....but wondering if this system is in procurement list??? it's a very decent system........lovely weapon :P :smitten:

yeah i know....but wondering if this system is in procurement list??? it's a very decent system........lovely weapon :P :smitten:

as of now i dont think it is in the procurement list, but i think there is a possibility that we might use them in the future

as of now i dont think it is in the procurement list, but i think there is a possibility that we might use them in the future
bro can you give me a list of sams we are going to procure ?????????

bro can you give me a list of sams we are going to procure ?????????

I am not really sure about the SAMs we are gonna procure. But we are getting LY60D SAM for our army,as seen from the military hardware show.

But most probably we will get medium range SAMs from russia, cos we struck a $850mil arms deal with them. And so far we bought 10 yaks with that money.

We might buy SA-17 Grizzly or Pantsir-S1. But as of now the name of the medium range SAM is not confired

I would love to see some BUK or Chinese derives of BUK HQ-16/HQ-16A as Bangladeshi medium range sam system...............it is a decent sam system....it can improve our anti aircraft protection quite a lot..........

SAM are good and dandy for slowing down the advancing forces but they don't win wars. Bangladesh needs to procure modern fighter aircrafts and purchase necessary assets such as modern radars and electronic warfare gear to complement its aircraft inventory. A country with a stature of Bangladesh deserves to have a much more advanced and well trained Armed Forces compare to what it is fielding today.

But brother eagle, that will have negative effect on our economic growth! We have no enemy right now, so we have the luxury to spend our money on more vital education and health sector !

But brother eagle, that will have negative effect on our economic growth! We have no enemy right now, so we have the luxury to spend our money on more vital education and health sector !

I dont think he want us to buy the weapons at a fast pace. He was just stating what kind of weapons will win us a war, if we are involved in any

SAM are good and dandy for slowing down the advancing forces but they don't win wars. Bangladesh needs to procure modern fighter aircrafts and purchase necessary assets such as modern radars and electronic warfare gear to complement its aircraft inventory. A country with a stature of Bangladesh deserves to have a much more advanced and well trained Armed Forces compare to what it is fielding today.
Brother there is a tell "the best defense is the best offense" ......fighters are good for offensive role.....but SAMs are best for ground based defense...we first need to increase our defense.....we need lots of sams to increase our defense......and we are getting us some 4++ generation goodies in our inventory....so don't worry

I am not really sure about the SAMs we are gonna procure. But we are getting LY60D SAM for our army,as seen from the military hardware show.

But most probably we will get medium range SAMs from russia, cos we struck a $850mil arms deal with them. And so far we bought 10 yaks with that money.

We might buy SA-17 Grizzly or Pantsir-S1. But as of now the name of the medium range SAM is not confired
brother 10 Yak-130 will cost around 200 million with weapon package.......by deducting 200mili we have 650 mili.....and we are supposed to get us some fighters from russia....so I don't think sam perches program doesn't include in this 850 mili deal.......

Back
Top Bottom