What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

375208_148114645296115_100002927417032_223493_954844167_n.jpg
nice pic bro......

boltu any specific reason for not choosing J-10?

J-10 is quite a new platform......it has not proven yet.......BAF don't want to take any risk ......as we all know we don't have much money :):)

Procurement of Migs will depend on which party is in power. Chinese won't sell J-10 or JF-17 to a
Awami governed Bangladesh while if BNP comes next they will scrap all these deals with russia.
I personally don't want to see Migs in BAF fleet. Better option is to offer tenders by inviting different companies and selecting based on merit. j10 and Thypoon are my favorite though.:smitten:
I would like to see BAF procuring at least 8 Migs to make a full functional squadron,maintaining half of a squadron doesn't make sense(Khajna theke bajna beshi) !!
If BNP scraps the deal then there'll be some serious protests from inside BAF.It'd be great if BNP makes new deals with China without scrapping the Russian ones.Then we'll have a Chinese-Russian combination,,,Chinese fighters for India,Russian Fighters for Burma:cheesy:

J-10A-B are not available for exports, this is the only reason anyone else saying it is new or not proven has no idea. The first customer would be PLAAF/PLANF, followed by PAF as an export customer. Afterwards you all need to wait.

J-10A-B are not available for exports, this is the only reason anyone else saying it is new or not proven has no idea. The first customer would be PLAAF/PLANF, followed by PAF as an export customer. Afterwards you all need to wait.

We are getting these new 4+ gen fighter planes around 2018, i think that the j 10 will be available for export then.

Anyway, i think bangladesh is trying to cosy up to moscow with these purchases

who is the main enemy of bangladesh?
is there anyone who you guys see as an imminent threat?

We dont have any enemies as of now, but we did have some problems with our neighbour, BD-india border conflict and BD-burma naval standoff.

We are just trying to build up some detterence

These aims of the BAF is really great to hear. However i stronly protest the purchase of migs or sukhois. It will be better if we go for single engined aircraft like the gripen. Any news in bd mil about the gripen?

The words "at least" suggest that the air force might buy another squadron of yak 130 in the future :)

Good to see the BAF is finally inducting some attack helicopters

Anyway what is the "medium range air defence system" we are inducting?
Hasina has always been a fan of Russian birds,nothing can be done with that.
Man i am a die hard fan Gripen NG,i'd love to see this bird with a compact package like Thailand got.But what they say is Sweden may not be a reliable supplier during war times and on top of that it uses American engine which may come with some strings attached in the rear end !!

Yes Yak 130 is a top class trainer which will eventually make top class pilots also.Ans yes there'll be more i guess.
Don't know about the medium range Sam,but personally i think it'll be Russian !!

Don't know bro,may be we are searching for a more mature platform where we can spend our hard earned money or China may not offered J-10 to us or our PM blindly loves Russian birds,,,loads of reasons,don't know the specific one !!

Hasina has always been a fan of Russian birds,nothing can be done with that.
Man i am a die hard fan Gripen NG,i'd love to see this bird with a compact package like Thailand got.But what they say is Sweden may not be a reliable supplier during war times and on top of that it uses American engine which may come with some strings attached in the rear end !!

Yes Yak 130 is a top class trainer which will eventually make top class pilots also.Ans yes there'll be more i guess.
Don't know about the medium range Sam,but personally i think it'll be Russian !!

Haha i'd take russian birds over US bureaucracy any time. But anyway, if had the technology we could have just manufactured our own spares, provided they swedes give us permission.

As for the yak, i wouldnt be surprised if they make a full fledged fighter plane based on it, that bird can really pack a punch even though its just a trainer.

I think the SAM will be a part of the $850mil deal with russia

No imminent threat-no main enemy,but brother unless you are strong enough others will make fun of you.

It is not really about playing up ones ego, but it is rather building up ones country/civilisation which cannot be completed without a strong military

I would love to see some BUK or Chinese derives of BUK HQ-16/HQ-16A as Bangladeshi medium range sam system...............it is a decent sam system....it can improve our anti aircraft protection quite a lot..........

Back
Top Bottom