What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Is there any possibility that BAF turns for Su35 after Myanmar ordered Su30?

And J10b/c is coming as an independent
Goverment to goverment deal(soft loan or military aid).

Some one in BAF section said BAF is gonna retire those old Mig-29 directly from its inventory, make the Mig-35 deal highly uncertain.

If I were the chief of BAF, I will go for Su35 and J10AESA combo.

Make bangs for those bucks!

that probably would've been they way to go under ideal circumstances. Infact many speculated this combo in the old bdmillitary forum, with 1-2 squadrons of Su35 and j-10b replacing F7; but alas, the russians apparently won't sell us Su35 if we don't buy mig35.

I have seen that masked photo in the year 2012 or 2013. bdmilitary posted that photo saying that this is a pre-shipment inspection. So ideally shipment takes 5 years by sea, accoording to bdmilitary.

Another story here:

In the year 2017, BAF find it very hard to justify $60 million dollar per Su-30SME, now all of a sudden BAF can justify 8X Su-35, 16x MiG-35 and 16X J-10C.

Let's calculate. $720 million for MiG-35 (assuming overpriced than Egypt. $45m/MiG), $800 million for J-10C (Assuming overpriced than J-10B, $50m with full suite of electronics & ground support), $880 million for Su-35 (comparing price with Indonesian Su-35, $110 million/Su-35)

Sum up $800m+$800m+$720m = $2.32B just for the fighter jets.

Any idiot can post anything in "brag book". That doesn't mean that Bangladesh signs contracts with billions of dollar every months. Bangladesh has $3.2B budget in a year.

Let bdmilitary supply rice and lantils to DGDB and post few fake news. These fake news are called patritism. You need think about national security and strategic defence for 160 million people. Don't tell me, have faith on few idiots who doesn't know what they are doing because ground reality tells otherwise.

I am against any war but I am in favor of deterence. $3.2B is a lot of money if you carefully plan and execute those plan.

$67B GDP threathens the national security of $220B GDP. That tells lot of stroy and ground reality of "having faith on idiots"

BTW, G2G signs MoU. DGDP goes to tender, evaluate tenders and sign contract. DGDP does not sign MoU.
totaly agree with you.

surprise news ! !
Capture.628.PNG

@wanglaokan

I have seen that masked photo in the year 2012 or 2013. bdmilitary posted that photo saying that this is a pre-shipment inspection. So ideally shipment takes 5 years by sea, accoording to bdmilitary.

Another story here:

In the year 2017, BAF find it very hard to justify $60 million dollar per Su-30SME, now all of a sudden BAF can justify 8X Su-35, 16x MiG-35 and 16X J-10C.

Let's calculate. $720 million for MiG-35 (assuming overpriced than Egypt. $45m/MiG), $800 million for J-10C (Assuming overpriced than J-10B, $50m with full suite of electronics & ground support), $880 million for Su-35 (comparing price with Indonesian Su-35, $110 million/Su-35)

Sum up $800m+$800m+$720m = $2.32B just for the fighter jets.

Any idiot can post anything in "brag book". That doesn't mean that Bangladesh signs contracts with billions of dollar every months. Bangladesh has $3.2B budget in a year.

Let bdmilitary supply rice and lantils to DGDB and post few fake news. These fake news are called patritism. You need think about national security and strategic defence for 160 million people. Don't tell me, have faith on few idiots who doesn't know what they are doing because ground reality tells otherwise.

I am against any war but I am in favor of deterence. $3.2B is a lot of money if you carefully plan and execute those plan.

$67B GDP threathens the national security of $220B GDP. That tells lot of stroy and ground reality of "having faith on idiots"

BTW, G2G signs MoU. DGDP goes to tender, evaluate tenders and sign contract. DGDP does not sign MoU.

You make some good points but your mathematical reasoning is incorrect.

For a start, BD spends 4 billion US dollars a year on defence, when you take arms imports into account.
The budget is also growing by 7% a year in real terms. BD does not need to pay for the weapons upfront as it gets credit from both Russia and China.

Assume that it is true that BD has ordered 8 Su-35 + 16 J-10C + 16 Mig35 and the cost is 2.32 US billion dollars as you calculate, then this is affordable. BD will pay around 2.5-3 billion US dollars over 5 years. Even at the higher end that is 600 million US dollars a year. BD is spending around 1 billion US dollars now on arms purchases(imports + domestic production) and this will rise to 1.5 billion US dollars in 5 years. and so BD has 6-7 billion dollars available in the next 5 years to buy arms. Since the BAF will be prioritised, 2.32 billion US dollars is affordable and this still leaves many billions for Army and Navy.

Some one in BAF section said BAF is gonna retire those old Mig-29 directly from its inventory, make the Mig-35 deal highly uncertain.

Bro, buying Mig-35 if the Russians have offered an assembly line is worth it.
We need to remember that BD is a fast developing country of 160 million people and it wants to
build an aviation industry for strategic reasons.

You make some good points but your mathematical reasoning is incorrect.

For a start, BD spends 4 billion US dollars a year on defence, when you take arms imports into account.
The budget is also growing by 7% a year in real terms. BD does not need to pay for the weapons upfront as it gets credit from both Russia and China.

Assume that it is true that BD has ordered 8 Su-35 + 16 J-10C + 16 Mig35 and the cost is 2.32 US billion dollars as you calculate, then this is affordable. BD will pay around 2.5-3 billion US dollars over 5 years. Even at the higher end that is 600 million US dollars a year. BD is spending around 1 billion US dollars now on arms purchases(imports + domestic production) and this will rise to 1.5 billion US dollars in 5 years. and so BD has 6-7 billion dollars available in the next 5 years to buy arms. Since the BAF will be prioritised, 2.32 billion US dollars is affordable and this still leaves many billions for Army and Navy.

Bro, buying Mig-35 if the Russians have offered an assembly line is worth it.
We need to remember that BD is a fast developing country of 160 million people and it wants to
build an aviation industry for strategic reasons.

I find it difficult to believe that BD will actually get 10 squadrons of anything.

That being said, if all these reports are true, it looks like the Russians are blackmailing BD into buying the MiG-35 to get access to the SU-35.

And if that truly is the case, then perhaps the plan is to locally assemble the MiG-35 in numbers while outright buying the SU-35.

The J-10 may just be a hedge to keep a Chinese source for diversification reasons rather than any capability the J-10 brings. It’s apparently redundant getting both the Firebird and Fulcrums.

Of course all this can just be speculation and fanboi dreams.

I would love to see you as BAF chief. So why this simple equation everyone understand except BAF!

I would love to see you as BAF chief. So why this simple equation everyone understand except BAF!

Its really not that difficult right? SU-35 and J-10B or C.

Thats it!

Problem is the unknown behind the scene politics that are talking place.

OR its just that the BAF is incompetent.

Let's break it down to what we have to play with instead what we can dream off having.

$3.2 Billion in total per year + sum extra cash for Forces Goal Shipping List

Assuming and comparing with regional forces. Please feel free to input and be rational about your position.

Salary for three forces = $600m
Maintaining existing operational capability (cantonment, air base, naval base) = $300m
Maintenance of all military hardware = $300m
Training = $150m
UN Peacekeeping = $200m
Operating BOF, BMTF, KSY and another enterprise = $250m (I am conservative here. it may be more from my experience. let's assume small enterprise)
Funding developmental work and managing project at BOF, BMTF, KSY and another enterprise = $350m
Total = $2.15B

We have left with $1.05B for actual procurement of military hardware for three forces. It's evident that BAF is stretched and tormented by a shortfall of money. But that’s their problem too why are inactive, not active like BN.

@Avicenna BAF is incompetent, PERIOD
Agreed with @BDforever, @Nahid @Major Saheb @ UKBegali

So how the other guys do it when they buy European hardware, for example, Malaysia defence budget USD3.6 and Indonesia defence budget are USD8.17.

The civilian and military organisation are better managed in both regional militaries. Indonesia is better at managing their fund and negotiating with Russian and American. Malaysia is better at managing contract and negotiating with partners to get best out of them. Malaysia always bought fighter jets from America and Russia to balance the power. Malaysia shortlisted Typhoon and Rafale to replace MiG-29. British offered RMAF a generous package of LoC.

Bangladesh has been so focused on China and Russia that they lost track of other ways we can manage the relationship with EU, America and also China/Russia. Bangladeshis aren't well maintained when comes any projects or any procurement regardless of civilian or military projects. Our fundamental understanding of projects is who gets what? We are very nationalist, patriot but not focused on building anything and learning a better way to do our job. We know what we know. We don't care what other know and learn from them quickly for example Indian is learnt that private defence sector works better than public defence sector.

I rather stop now.

That being said, if all these reports are true, it looks like the Russians are blackmailing BD into buying the MiG-35 to get access to the SU-35.
It’s the other way around thanks to our Chinese friends selling us j10c, j-10B production line have stopped since last year.
Means BAF is not interested in Mig-29 series, or Russia tags very high price for the updation.
Or maybe they are ready to receive new squadrons.
These have finished their first major overhauls, two more left and still have some life left in them, their will be minimum upgrades from third party vendors like Ukraine but that’s about it, too little amount of planes to warrant complete upgradation as funds are allocated for more serious purchase.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom