What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

i do not believe in govt. info, better take IMF, which is $1025 lol

He is amazing, he trusts the Hasina Govt. ONLY when it's suits him.............:lol:

Govt. is right with GDP nos. but wrong on other Govt. functions :rofl:

yes it is about AESA/thrust vector issue, those are new techs. and what did you say ? china is ahead in AESA ?:woot: any reference to claim ? :p: china is still working on AESA

Yaar check Chinese Section, any reference to claim russian are ahead they too are working but most of Chinese J-11 fleet equipped and soon J-15/J-16 would be equipped with AESA.

Yaar check Chinese Section, any reference to claim russian are ahead they too are working but most of Chinese J-11 fleet equipped and soon J-15/J-16 would be equipped with AESA.
chinese fleet still to be equipped, not yet, china still developing J series aircrafts. Russia already offered AESA with Mig 35 and Su 35 and even India got AESA with Su30mki

It is about maintenance the hardware the fuselage/airframe is different from 4th Gen it, the RAM coating itself costs alot. You might get J-31 for 65m but did you add complete life time costs F-16 that Pakistan bought had cost 150-160m including complete spares/support. Lets put J-31 around 175m each the total cost would reach $17.5b even if we slash it it would be around $15b. Why do you think US ordered only 195 F-22 raptors. The second largest order is from UK and followed by Turkey with 110 F-35s honestly man you can't compare BD with Turkey even by 2030. But my view is BAF might either go for downgraded PAK-FA or J-31 or similar aircraft about 32 at the most. Very slim chances of War with hindustan by than UN would be active to stop conflict with-in a week or less.

When BD starts taking an independent stance then India would try to bully it.

If we use your figure of 15 billion life-cycle costs over 30years, then that is only 500 million dollars a year. Remember BD economy should be around 500 billion dollars in today's money by 2030 and the military will be spending 10 billion dollars a year by 2030.

BD has the option of disposing of the maybe 50 4th generation fighters it would have by then and focus purely on the deterrent value of 100 J-31s.

Not only will the J-31 be a fair bit cheaper than F-35 but BD will not also have the burden of maintaining hundreds of other fighters.

Last edited:
Mig-35 is not ready thus AESA is not ready. Have you checked Chinese Section, AESA is in production.

J-11B has received the AESA upgrade
The J-11B's, J-15's, and J-16's next generation radar
Mig35 and AESA are not ready ! ! :o: check mig 35 status and if AESA not ready then how indian su30mki got that :crazy:

and last thing about china: ok i missed that part, anyway if J10B comes better with affordable price, surely BAF will go for that :enjoy: anyway according to my source, BAF is evaluating J10c development :-)

I would prefer if Awami League only brought enough Russian planes to be able to match Myanmar air force. They won't be very effective against India as the Russians cannot be trusted to not give the secrets to India.

Buy only some small quantity of planes this decade, say 24-36, then hopefully with Awami League out of the way next decade, BD uses its far richer economy by then to put in a massive order for 100 J-31 stealth fighters.The quantity and sophistication of these J-31s would completely neutralise the Indian airforce near BD.

That is a good point, we need to have a credible deterrence against Myanmar, but I doubt they will mess with us. If they do, then that will be a good lesson for Awami League idiots to hurry up with their purchase of some real fighters from whatever sources. If it is Russian instead of Chinese, hopefully that will be the last batch of Russian air crafts for us before J31.

When BD starts taking an independent stance then India would try to bully it.

If we use your figure of 15 billion life-cycle costs over 30years, then that is only 500 million dollars a year. Remember BD economy should be around 500 billion dollars in today's money by 2030 and the military will be spending 10 billion dollars a year by 2030.

BD has the option of disposing of the maybe 50 4th generation fighters it would have by then and focus purely on the deterrent value of 100 J-31s.

Not only will the J-31 be a fair bit cheaper than F-35 but BD will not also have the burden of maintaining hundreds of other fighters.

I am only saying BAF could get up to 32 [2 squadrons] this is the only disagreement between rest we do agree, BD has a very impressive Economy.

Who knows Chinese might come up with non advanced [stealth] airframe for affordable markets that could cost much lesser yet has lower RCS similar to J-10B...is there any possibility No Clue.... remember Chinese were working on F-7MF which would have been much cheaper around 10-11m compared to FC-1 20m but the program got cancelled in favor of FC-1/JF-17.

040315j7mf.jpg

I am only saying BAF could get up to 32 [2 squadrons] this is the only disagreement between rest we do agree, BD has a very impressive Economy.

Who knows Chinese comes up with non advanced stealth airframe for affordable markets that could cost much lesser yet has lower RCS similar to J-10B...is there any possibility No Clue.... remember Chinese were working on F-7MF which would have been much cheaper around 10-11m compared to FC-1 20m but the program got cancelled in favor of FC-1/JF-17.

040315j7mf.jpg

OK. We shall see what happens next decade.

Mig35 and AESA are not ready ! ! :o: check mig 35 status and if AESA not ready then how indian su30mki got that :crazy:

and last thing about china: ok i missed that part, anyway if J10B comes better with affordable price, surely BAF will go for that :enjoy: anyway according to my source, BAF is evaluating J10c development :-)
India MKI uses pesa, so did su-35. mig-35 have aesa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom