What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Even though the Gripen is only 9000 Eros less than the exceptionally better Rafale. the hourly cost for the Rafale is exorbitantly high. But remember, cost pays for the most part.
Check this graph out:

Aircraft Type UUnit Procurement Costs PProgram Unit Costs CComments R
Rafale C ((EUR 51.8) $ 62.1 ((EUR 113.2) $ 135.8 AAir force single-seat (inc VAT) ...
Rafale M ((EUR 56.6) $ 67.9 ((EUR 121.4) $ 145.7 NNaval version (inc VAT) J
JAS-39C Gripen ((Poland bid) $ 68.9 ((SEK 552.9) $ 76.07 SSwedish version (inc VAT) F
My opinion you purchase 10 Rafales and put your best pilots in them and then check out the Gripen altho0ught I don't recommend that because of the slew of US equipment they will hose you on or refuse to offer them and create a nightmare and you have at last 10 years left on those 29s you can augment them with MIG-35 with aesa radars or even Su-30s with the BARS. No one willl come near you. Question is, can Banga {love that name} afford all this?

PS Some of the early C and M Rafale are less expensive in both purchase cost and hourly cost,

Making news out of his *** like usual.
SAAB was ready to sell to bd, bd wanted second hand fighters
Like I said, DGDP agent is himself, the online tshirt seller

Yeah honestly we missed the opportunity to buy the Gripens , they are perfect for us but again BAF doesn't see the quality they see corruption.

Even though the Gripen is only 9000 Eros less than the exceptionally better Rafale. the hourly cost for the Rafale is exorbitantly high. But remember, cost pays for the most part.
Check this graph out:

Aircraft Type UUnit Procurement Costs PProgram Unit Costs CComments RGri
Rafale C ((EUR 51.8) $ 62.1 ((EUR 113.2) $ 135.8 AAir force single-seat (inc VAT) ...
Rafale M ((EUR 56.6) $ 67.9 ((EUR 121.4) $ 145.7 NNaval version (inc VAT) J
JAS-39C Gripen ((Poland bid) $ 68.9 ((SEK 552.9) $ 76.07 SSwedish version (inc VAT) F
My opinion you purchase 10 Rafales and put your best pilots in them and then check out the Gripen altho0ught I don't recommend that because of the slew of US equipment they will hose you on or refuse to offer them and create a nightmare and you have at last 10 years left on those 29s you can augment them with MIG-35 with aesa radars or even Su-30s with the BARS. No one willl come near you. Question is, can Banga {love that name} afford all this?

PS Some of the early C and M Rafale are less expensive in both purchase cost and hourly cost,

Hell no we ain't buying Rafales , India operates them. And no to the Su30s cause Myanmar operates them , plus they also operate JF-17s

Our best bet is to go fully Gripen ,cause who needs twin engine fighters when you can buy an aerial refueling tanker instead lol.

Naval versions of the Gripen can be used also for maritime strike , not sure if you can put Turkish cruise missiles on them but maybe.

So a squadron of jets for the Airforce
A second squadron for the Navy for maritime strike
2-4 AWACS
2 dedicated EW aircrafts
2-3 aerial refueling aircrafts
3-4 ASW or Maritime patrol aircrafts

NOTHING is cheaper then F7..not even trainers like yak 130
probably yak 130 is what BAF will continue to buy
IMO BAF doesnt need a fighter, there is no real threat, since IAF is always there to support
IAF is the threat. One nicely place guided bomb on Chittagong port and everyone loses their shit

Can't copy/paste but here you go.

Addresses the Gripen to BAF issue.

Thanks DEFSECA!

Now this was an excellent article with good, relevant info!!

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) Thoughts?
Behind the scene
young-man-holding-two-mobile-phones-make-choice-blond-mustache-choose-cell-guy-looks-selecting...jpg

Hm Air Force Cheif talking about MRCA program

Credit to him for admitting (0:17) BAF's failure in providing sufficient deterrence.
He seems to be frustrated with the government. This is where BAF differs from BA and BN who are able to stand firm and force the bureaucracy and political leadership to cater to their demands while BAF meekly caves in.

He also blasted the lack of innovation and initiatives in the aviation field by the private sector and emphasised on the need for streamlining maintenance of aviation assets of the three services.

Wallah I’ve much respect for this guy, as much as general Ikbal karim, true patriots with excellent perspectives on their respective field. Too bad their efforts are hindered by govt. bureaucracy

Yeah I agree , hopefully we get these 4th gen fighters soon I have some hope left.
He even talked about how Bangladesh is behind in innovation and not being an industrialized country.

Bangladesh only hope is to industrialize and get it's gdp per capita up , just so we can have a youth that's hopefully educated and has just the basic necessities and he or she can make apps etc for us to become eventually post industrial

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom