What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

How much truth is behind this claim?

I would like to hope that it is.

But there have been so many claims that it's difficult to believe at this point.

Don't know about the timeline but BAF has plan to get AEW&C. This plan was published in MHD 2017 i believe.

53694070_387236548520720_3073522160870883328_n.jpg

I would like to hope that it is.

But there have been so many claims that it's difficult to believe at this point.
Talk of AE&WC is putting cart before the horse. BAF needs to be shamed into procuring a few dozens of fighter jets.
It's a shame that that the general BD population is apathetic to defence and strategic affairs allowing BAF bludgers to be complacent.

Talk of AE&WC is putting cart before the horse. BAF needs to be shamed into procuring a few dozens of fighter jets.
It's a shame that that the general BD population is apathetic to defence and strategic affairs allowing BAF bludgers to be complacent.
man total budget is 4.20bn$ and if we divide in 3 its became 1.33bn$ . although we know army may take major chunk always . then with 1.33bn you pay salaries you maintain current fleet you do operations you have to pay pensions you have to maintain air bases you have to pay for ground services maintain radars and sub systems of air force if air defense is under you you have to maintain it so . what you think how much funds left for a new fighter ? i think not even 100mn$ per year .you are just blming them wrong . they also want modern fighters but they can not afford . what indian defense minister then said ? we buy 36 rafales because we can not afford more and do not need more .

It would look good to have fighters from all suppliers and not putting all eggs in one basket.
its a small air force with limited recurses they don't have big game . they should buy from one supplier and stick on it . your advice is wrong for country like BD sir . they should go to mig-35 so they can use something from mig-29 too ot go to j-10 .

man total budget is 4.20bn$ and if we divide in 3 its became 1.33bn$ . although we know army may take major chunk always . then with 1.33bn you pay salaries you maintain current fleet you do operations you have to pay pensions you have to maintain air bases you have to pay for ground services maintain radars and sub systems of air force if air defense is under you you have to maintain it so . what you think how much funds left for a new fighter ? i think not even 100mn$ per year .you are just blming them wrong . they also want modern fighters but they can not afford . what indian defense minister then said ? we buy 36 rafales because we can not afford more and do not need more .

Funding for major defence purchase does not work like that in BD.
The government makes seperate allocations for these. It is a matter of making the case for the required hardware to the government and pushing it through the red tapes. BA and BN do it all the time.
The government cannot select fighters for BAF. BAF have to choose and insist. All they do is make half-assed attempts and buckle under the slightest pushback from the bureaucracy.

Since the current govt took office BA and BN have transformed themselves in many aspects (3 new infantry divisions, army special forces strength multiplied by 4-5 times, addition of dozens of SPHs and GMLRS, SAMs, infantry modernisation, tanks, 6-7 frigates, dozens of other vessels, upgrade and expansion of SWADS, expansion of army and navy aviation units you name it).

In the meanwhile almost everything BAF has bought is less important than procuring fighter jets.

Funding for major defence purchase does not work like that in BD.
The government makes seperate allocations for these. It is a matter of making the case for the required hardware to the government and pushing it through the red tapes. BA and BN do it all the time.
The government cannot select fighters for BAF. BAF have to choose and insist. All they do is make half-assed attempts and buckle under the slightest pushback from the bureaucracy.

Since the current govt took office BA and BN have transformed themselves in many aspects (3 new infantry divisions, army special forces strength multiplied by 4-5 times, addition of dozens of SPHs and GMLRS, SAMs, infantry modernisation, tanks, 6-7 frigates, dozens of other vessels, upgrade and expansion of SWADS, expansion of army and navy aviation units you name it).

In the meanwhile almost everything BAF has bought is less important than procuring fighter jets.
then what is stopping them to select and go ahead ?????? i cant believe an air force taking 10-15 years in fact 20 years to buy new fighters while funds are available . its not make any sense sir .

Is the budget officially set or have we yet to receive more news?

then what is stopping them to select and go ahead ?????? i cant believe an air force taking 10-15 years in fact 20 years to buy new fighters while funds are available . its not make any sense sir .

Because BAF leadership is full of incompetent fatties.

i think there must be a some issue . its not that simple . without fighter jets an airforce is just another air wing of army or airline . they must have something else sir .

No they're just a bunch of chutiyas.

Also some countries are trying really hard to have an influence on our defences purchases, this makes life very hard for neutral country like Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom