What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

well i dont understand the BAF
1st they buy mig29. then they dump it and buy f-7s ..which is a very odd choice then they turn back to buy yak130 again..
thye should have brough just 6-12 gripens(if they hate pakistan enough to buy the FC-1) AND few trainers
ideally the cheapest and most effective package would have been k-8 and jf-17 combo..multirole, advance and very light and cheap to operate

1. Migs still in Service
2.F-7BGI is a STOP-GAP figther which will stay in service until we have the neccassary funds and infrastructure to induct around 32 4.5 generation fighters(which won't we ordered until 2016)
3)K-8 is an Intermediate trainer,YAK-130 is an advanced jet trainer.
4)When given a chance,would a air force be given a chance to purchase 4.5 russian bird which has years of combat experiance or an untested aircraft.(Nothing wrong with the FC-1/JF-17,it's a great plane)

yup mig29 still in service but reports are there that BAF is not happy with them..and want to sell them
if they do like mig29 then i think buying f-7s was a blunder they should have opted for few more mig29s
buying a second gen aircrafts serve no purpose these days
already BAF is not big nor has any strategic issue to buy things for stop gap

and noone is expecting them to buy FC-1 as its pakistani-chinese product and pakistan may not like selling too..!
yak130 pretty much similar to k-8 its too subsonic unlike the t-50 or chinese L-15
and no idea why so worrying about advance jet trainers when they are buying f-7s behind the back

it seems no coherent strategy is being sseen

Nope it was East Pakistan first. Its been bangladesh since 16th Dec 1971 (hope i know the date correctly)... I dont think we have significant amount of IAF bases/squadrans in the eastern theater apart from Tezpur at Assam which is China centric...

Please ellaborate how IAF is threat to BD since 1971....

regards

No, IAF is a threat for Bangladesh even before the Birth of Bangladesh. Before 71 IAF intruded in Pakistan in several occasions. After the birth IAF (not only IAF, it should be India) intruded inside Bangladesh on more than twice let alone the border killings. So, India is a threat for Bangladesh.

yup mig29 still in service but reports are there that BAF is not happy with them..and want to sell them
if they do like mig29 then i think buying f-7s was a blunder they should have opted for few more mig29s

and noone is expecting them to buy FC-1 as its pakistani-chinese product and pakistan may not like selling too..!
yak130 pretty much similar to k-8 its too subsonic unlike the t-50 or chinese L-15
and no idea why so worrying about advance jet trainers when they are buying f-7s behind the back

latest F-7BG1 is superior to your F-7PG and it has strategic issue because BD is going for 4.5 gen aircraft.
BD has long-term modernization plan, initially 16 Su-30 MKB (Bangladesh version) will join in BAF by 2016-2017. so buying yak-130 is logical.

latest F-7BG1 is superior to your F-7PG and it has strategic issue because BD is going for 4.5 gen aircraft.
BD has long-term modernization plan, initially 16 Su-30 MKB (Bangladesh version) will join in BAF by 2016-2017. so buying yak-130 is logical.

Based on what ? :unsure:

Specifications wagheraa tou compare kar ke bataa ! :)

Most bengalis think India is a threat.

However, In my opinion, were not trying to match India since if we try, were going to bankrupt the country however we can be a deterrant and im sure India would rather have another stronger ally than one they have to take care of. Anyway,Myanmar is more of a realistic threat perception for the next five years and after that we should'nt really have a problem with them anymore.

However,India isn't a threat since they won't attack us under any circumstances and neither would be but it's smarter to prepare for all possible sceanarios.

Some Bengali's who live in UK having their either father or mother from India, does not like to accept India as a threat as if, they don't want to lose the opportunity of visiting their grandparents in India once a while in a year and have since that reason overlook all the killings, political violence, border killings, pact violations, treaty violations, border violations, import-export violations, destruction and all the mishaps done by India so far and all the mishaps yet to be done by India.

The first bold part: that is a news of 2005-2006. Then govt. because of political reason said they will sell the Mig-29s. Selling Mig-29 is a very old news. That idea has been dropped.

Second bold part: :rofl:After finding 0 (zero) export customers, now Pakistan has changed the dialogue that it was made for PAF requirements only and Pakistan may not sell it to other nations....:rofl::omghaha::lol::rofl:

F-7BG1 is superior to F-7PG but still it is inferior to any 4th generation fighters, even JF-17 and LCA which are basically wanna be 4th gen.

16 Su-30 does not justify the purchase of 24 YAK-130. The general practice is 3:1 or 4:1 or 5:1 and in extreme cases 6:1. meaning for each LIFT the quantity of Fighter would be either 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. That gives you minimum 72 to maximum 144 fighters against 24 LIFT aircraft.

There is still no confirmation about the type of fighter aircraft selected or to be selected. Su-30MK, Su-27SM, Mig-29SMT, Mig-29M/M2, F-16 block 50/52, JAS-39NG, F/A-18EF has been confirmed to have been evaluated. But none are confirmed yet.

In the trainer aircraft program JL-7, T-6 Texan 2, PC-9, EMB 314, Grob G 120, KT-1 Woongbi is considered to be evaluated.

No, IAF is a threat for Bangladesh even before the Birth of Bangladesh. Before 71 IAF intruded in Pakistan in several occasions. After the birth IAF (not only IAF, it should be India) intruded inside Bangladesh on more than twice let alone the border killings. So, India is a threat for Bangladesh.

Border killing of civillians who are trying to intrude in the Indian side is different case altogather... This cant be the basis of India being a threat. Please go through the post #762 by damiendehorn.. he has elaborated everything clearly on my queries..

I have been throught with your post in this forum. What i have found is you are anti India (its your choice offcource) rather than being rational in justice...

Border killing of civillians who are trying to intrude in the Indian side is different case altogather... This cant be the basis of India being a threat. Please go through the post #762 by damiendehorn.. he has elaborated everything clearly on my queries..

I have been throught with your post in this forum. What i have found is you are anti India (its your choice offcource) rather than being rational in justice...

I am not anti India.. I am anti intruder, no matter what country that intruded in Bangladesh. And India is a frequent intruder.

The first bold part: that is a news of 2005-2006. Then govt. because of political reason said they will sell the Mig-29s. Selling Mig-29 is a very old news. That idea has been dropped.

Second bold part: :rofl:After finding 0 (zero) export customers, now Pakistan has changed the dialogue that it was made for PAF requirements only and Pakistan may not sell it to other nations....:rofl::omghaha::lol::rofl:
not related to topic but google it.
after eygpt offical statement of interest in co production. Argentina has also given offical staement in interest of co production. already competing in serbia aircraft competition.
any person will know that aircraft buying and negotiation takes 5-6 years. so far the reults are too good. i mean so many countries negotating!
lastly, forr any fighter aircraft the goal is not to export but fullfil own requirements. JF-17 1st pirority was for PAF, rest is optional (unlike su 30 which was primarily produced for export). lastly my point of not want to selling was specific for BAF coz of the "indian connection"

what i said that instead of buying 16 f-7s today it would have been better to buyadditional su 30s
BAF doesnt has immediate threats to go on going "stop gaps measures" besides it already had mig29 for that role

F-7BG1 is superior to F-7PG but still it is inferior to any 4th generation fighters, even JF-17 and LCA which are basically wanna be 4th gen.
yup a 4 million $ 1950 design AC with turbojet engine and limited fuel is superior to 4th gen Aircrafts..
its just like saying a rukshaw is better than a BMW
f-7s are down and out old generation aircrafts
no matter what u do u simply cant put a better radar or avionics because of the engine
a modern engine like rd 93 costs 3-4 million $ ,ge404 of LCA costs 10 million$
BAF should either go for mig29s or sell their mig29 and buy su30 to keep the costs down of multiple plateforms
they should also consider older refurbished f-16s

yup a 4 million $ 1950 design AC with turbojet engine and limited fuel is superior to 4th gen Aircrafts..
its just like saying a rukshaw is better than a BMW
f-7s are down and out old generation aircrafts
no matter what u do u simply cant put a better radar or avionics because of the engine
a modern engine like rd 93 costs 3-4 million $ ,ge404 of LCA costs 10 million$
BAF should either go for mig29s or sell their mig29 and buy su30 to keep the costs down of multiple plateforms
they should also consider older refurbished f-16s

You just elaborated the line I said in short one sentence.. anyway thanks...

BAF is trying not to follow the PAF path and buy old junks...

@drunken-monke @Bamboo Castle can you guys please take the argument to a political thread.Please leave this sticky to Air Force discussion only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom