What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

49638332_1070517936458449_7809062211342565376_o.jpg

Aerial view of the Bangladesh Air Force Academy at Jessore!

Nice looking building for sure.

InshAllah, it produces just as nice of a product.

Or may have been smoking something extra special.... :rolleyes1:

Off topic but I’m In LA for the weekend. As a pseudo-foodie are there any good restaurants I need to check out?

Also any cool masjids I need to see in the area?

I went to King Fahad masjid in Culver City for Jummah today.

I really enjoyed it.

@Cookie Monster @Bilal9 or any other so cal folks....

Off topic but I’m In LA for the weekend. As a pseudo-foodie are there any good restaurants I need to check out?

I really enjoyed it.

When u say good restaurants...do u have any particular type of cuisine in mind? In my case...I am constantly surrounded by American and/or non Pakistani restaurants. I only get to eat desi food when I go home to my parents...I m either too busy...or when I have time...too lazy to cook desi food for myself.

Sooo the "good" restaurants for me are desi restaurants that make delicious desi foods...since I get to eat non desi food mostly on a daily basis...it doesn't hold that same value to me bcuz its human nature to get bored with something u consume daily.

With that said whenever I go to/come from LAX, I love to stop by Al-Watan restaurant. It's location/ambience isn't much...but the food is delicious.

However I'm not sure if ur query was specifically about desi food. In that case I'll list some restaurants(in LA area...though keep in mind LA is huge) below I've been to in the past on various different occasions.
Angelini Osteria(Italian)
Providence(Sea Food)
Parkway Grill(American)
Baco Mercat(a bit of a mix)
Perch(I forget...)

I've been at these restaurants at one point or another...but mostly always bcuz it was some special occasion with either friends or family. So u may want to look up pricing and whether or not u have to book in advance.

Also if u want something with a scenic view(like for a date or something :azn:) u may wanna head to Malibu. Plenty of restaurants there with a beach view.

As for Masjids...yeah that's the only cool masjid I guess u can say. There are other Masjids here but they aren't like something u see in Pakistan or other Muslim countries. Most are just leased/rented buildings that u won't even know are Masjids until u go inside. The whole dome with minarets kinds of Masjids are rare.

Last edited:
When u say good restaurants...do u have any particular type of cuisine in mind? In my case...I am constantly surrounded by American and/or non Pakistani restaurants. I only get to eat desi food when I go home to my parents...I m either too busy...or when I have time...too lazy to cook desi food for myself.

Sooo the "good" restaurants for me are desi restaurants that make delicious desi foods...since I get to eat non desi food mostly on a daily basis...it doesn't hold that same value to me bcuz its human nature to get bored with something u consume daily.

With that said whenever I go to/come from LAX, I love to stop by Al-Watan restaurant. It's location/ambience isn't much...but the food is delicious.

However I'm not sure if ur query was specifically about desi food. In that case I'll list some restaurants(in LA area...though keep in mind LA is huge) below I've been to in the past on various different occasions.
Angelini Osteria(Italian)
Providence(Sea Food)
Parkway Grill(American)
Baco Mercat(a bit of a mix)
Perch(I forget...)

I've been at these restaurants at one point or another...but mostly always bcuz it was some special occasion with either friends or family. So u may want to look up pricing and whether or not u have to book in advance.

Also if u want something with a scenic view(like for a date or something :azn:) u may wanna head to Malibu. Plenty of restaurants there with a beach view.

As for Masjids...yeah that's the only cool masjid I guess u can say. There are other Masjids here but they aren't like something u see in Pakistan or other Muslim countries. Most are just leased/rented buildings that u won't even know are Masjids until u go inside. The whole dome with minarets kinds of Masjids are rare.

Thanks for the suggestions. I got here Thursday night. So far went to Parks Korean BBQ, EuroAsia (Russian), the In and Out at LAX, and salt and straw (ice cream).

I love all foods. Wanna try sushi, Thai and kabobs, either Persian, Armenian or Arab.

Also appreciate desi suggestions.

I’m staying at the hotels near LAX till Monday.

No dates.....wife is at home and I had some work here and brought my dad.

Tomorrow is chill day just gonna drive around to Venice, Santa Monica, probably up to Malibu.

This room is so cool, it’s 324AM and I’m looking at LAX from my room watching planes take off.

An aviation lovers dream!

I really enjoyed it.

check out buzzfeed's youtube channel, they must have recommendations for places to eat at in LA

Bangladesh Air Force has installed new VHF (Very High Frequency) antenna in F-7BGI locally. The antenna is visible before the tail fin (yellow colored).

Photos: Taz Joardar

50837867_10205371456762054_8514571110094733312_n.jpg
50877544_10205371456682052_1190050908470247424_n.jpg
50789990_10205371456642051_6499578364133638144_n.jpg

I really enjoyed it.

So sorry bud - hadn't seen this earlier. I'm quite busy bud check out this list. The LA culinary adventures thing nowadays is Korean Fusion Cuisine as well as Mexican. There are tons of joints but these should be satisfactory.

Check these places out. They represent LA's gastronomic scene very well.

https://www.mysuitcasejourneys.com/best-places-to-eat-in-la/

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/los-angeles/the-50-best-things-to-eat-in-la-iconic-foods-bucket-list#

Last edited:
Bangladesh Air Force has installed new VHF (Very High Frequency) antenna in F-7BGI locally. The antenna is visible before the tail fin (yellow colored).

Photos: Taz Joardar

50837867_10205371456762054_8514571110094733312_n.jpg
50877544_10205371456682052_1190050908470247424_n.jpg
50789990_10205371456642051_6499578364133638144_n.jpg
we'll be the last nation on earth operating these.. lmao... by then it would be what... 50? 70 yo design? xD

Back
Top Bottom