What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

FM90 is short range AD system used for point defence or in armoured columns as AD umbrella. We have been using it since it's inception (the French Crotale from where it originated and on to it's Chinese variants). I don't think it offers any thing extra as claimed by you. I don't think BD military stand a chance if Myanmar air force procures standoff weapons with Thunders and SU fighters which they certainly would.

Dude, are you even thinking about the scenario that I am painting before you post?

In a land conflict between BD army and the savages, MAF can only get involved by providing CAS. They need to come in close to be able to effectively hit the BD army in the field. This is where the sophisticated FM-90 comes into play with it's ability to hit missiles, drones, helicopters and planes flying at ground level all the way to 6km up in the air.
Each FM-90 battery has 12 missiles and they can attack 3 targets simultaneously out to a distance of 15-17km. This makes it a very formidable weapon to protect an army against numerous attacking CAS aircraft.
MAF aircraft will be shot down in droves if they want to get involved in any land conflict between BD and Myanmar.

The best use of the MAF is to attack cities and other infrastructure as BAF is weak and BD lacks MRSAM at this moment in time.

If they were employed against BN, there will soon be 5 ships that will have close-range SAM defences and so they will need to fire a lot of missiles(many dozens) to be able to cripple the BD Navy. But soon everything will change when the next-gen air-defence frigates start rolling out with their MFR AESA radars and dozens of VLS silos housing medium range SAMs.

Yep, BAF is letting the side down but both BA and BN are preparing for having to fight without proper airforce.

FM90 is short range AD system used for point defence or in armoured columns as AD umbrella. We have been using it since it's inception (the French Crotale from where it originated and on to it's Chinese variants). I don't think it offers any thing extra as claimed by you. I don't think BD military stand a chance if Myanmar air force procures standoff weapons with Thunders and SU fighters which they certainly would.
Looks like JF17 isn't just a war plane, it's a war plan!!!! And, that may be their marketing pitch!!! With these plethora of weapons, WVR/BVR/EW capability, newer blocks on-line with enhanced capabilities, training from a top-class standing AF itself etc. should entice the folks who really want to have an edge....

Looks like JF17 isn't just a war plane, it's a war plan!!!! And, that may be their marketing pitch!!! With these plethora of weapons, WVR/BVR/EW capability, newer blocks on-line with enhanced capabilities, training from a top-class standing AF itself etc. should entice the folks who really want to have an edge....

You forgot one important thing, BD's behavior towards Pak since Haseena, you reap what you sow...........

You forgot one important thing, BD's behavior towards Pak since Haseena, you reap what you sow...........
Only if hanging/jailing pro-Pak old BD Muslim folks could have solved their strategic and security issues!!!! BD has now almost no leverage whatsoever in any negotiations with her any neighbors!!! Like a beast of burden her job is to keep on carrying the exponentially increasing weightage - be it Rohingas, Muslims in Assam etc. or anything else - and, that too with a smile!!!! It's like kissing the very dagger which is approaching toward one's throat!!! Allah Kahr etsin...

Now, the Ehl-i Iman understand the significance of the following picture: BD is destined to be disposed at the mercy of her overwhelmingly non-Muslim neighbors....

upload_2018-10-31_15-0-11.png

Last edited:
Only if hanging/jailing pro-Pak old BD Muslim folks could have solved their strategic and security issues!!!! BD has now almost no leverage whatsoever in any negotiations with her any neighbors!!! Like a beast of burden her job is to keep on carrying the exponentially increasing weightage - be it Rohingas, Muslims in Assam etc. or anything else - and, that too with a smile!!!! It's like kissing the very dagger which is approaching toward one's throat!!! Allah Kahr etsin...

Now, the Ehl-i Iman understand the significance of the following picture: BD is destined to be disposed at the mercy of her overwhelmingly non-Muslim neighbors....

View attachment 510993
@M_Saint became a Turk now.. . You can change the flag but cant change who you are.

Its not the first time Muslim army faced humiliation. It does not matter whether you are muslim or no, but it matters whether you are in the right side of the morality or not. Muslim usually the one first screw the morality part.

Dude, are you even thinking about the scenario that I am painting before you post?

In a land conflict between BD army and the savages, MAF can only get involved by providing CAS. They need to come in close to be able to effectively hit the BD army in the field. This is where the sophisticated FM-90 comes into play with it's ability to hit missiles, drones, helicopters and planes flying at ground level all the way to 6km up in the air.
Each FM-90 battery has 12 missiles and they can attack 3 targets simultaneously out to a distance of 15-17km. This makes it a very formidable weapon to protect an army against numerous attacking CAS aircraft.
MAF aircraft will be shot down in droves if they want to get involved in any land conflict between BD and Myanmar.

The best use of the MAF is to attack cities and other infrastructure as BAF is weak and BD lacks MRSAM at this moment in time.

If they were employed against BN, there will soon be 5 ships that will have close-range SAM defences and so they will need to fire a lot of missiles(many dozens) to be able to cripple the BD Navy. But soon everything will change when the next-gen air-defence frigates start rolling out with their MFR AESA radars and dozens of VLS silos housing medium range SAMs.

Yep, BAF is letting the side down but both BA and BN are preparing for having to fight without proper airforce.

Yours is a best case scenario.... the fact on the ground is BAF is a joke and at this moment leaves BN and BA dangerously exposed.

BD needs to sort BAF but in all seriousness the level of degradation is such that it's going to take too long. As I suggested before, it may be better to to sack the the leadership, rebadge and relaunch with a new purpose for the medium term under the leadership of competent officers of the BA and BN.

Money is tight, rather than buying a few jets in the short term that would not pose a threat quantitatively or quantitatively to our neighbours divert the money towards acquiring indigenous SAM capabilities and build a massive arsenal similar to Iranian strategy.

Develop the new look BAF for the short term as ancillary support force for BA and BN, by this I mean assist in Ariel intelligence, surveillance and movement of man and material.

In the medium term develop BAF as integrated support function for BA and BN with appropriate assets that will provide air cover in land and sea.

Finally in the long term plan for a BAF that is an bona fide arm of the military with offensive assets that is able to strike deep and hard into enemy territory.

In SAMs we should concentrate and raise a 4th arm of our military. BAFs issues are deep and will take time to resolve. We must innovatively address the gaps in our defense immediately and prepare for a strong and purposeful BAF in time.

45139581_1925161064199077_313100891085340672_o.jpg

#BAHExclusive | HISTORY MADE | DEFENDERS AT OLD AIRPORT | Just some minutes ago 4x F-7 landed at Old Airport, Tejgaon aka BAF Base Bashar, Tejgaon.

After PM’s order to use and utilize this airport today 2x F-7BG1 and 2x F-7BG landed in this airport. This is the first time F-7 landed in this airport. Kudos to the pilots for such great landing.
credit-Bangladesh Aviation Hub

45172094_1923971800984670_5006411762245828608_o.jpg

THE SCORPIONS| A recently overhauled Bell-212 from ‘Squadron 9 Scorpions’ having a fly by over Tejgaon. These choppers are overhauled by BAF and some are overhauled from Canada. The new paint scheme having the squadron insignia made her more gorgeous.

Yours is a best case scenario.... the fact on the ground is BAF is a joke and at this moment leaves BN and BA dangerously exposed.

BD needs to sort BAF but in all seriousness the level of degradation is such that it's going to take too long. As I suggested before, it may be better to to sack the the leadership, rebadge and relaunch with a new purpose for the medium term under the leadership of competent officers of the BA and BN.

Money is tight, rather than buying a few jets in the short term that would not pose a threat quantitatively or quantitatively to our neighbours divert the money towards acquiring indigenous SAM capabilities and build a massive arsenal similar to Iranian strategy.

Develop the new look BAF for the short term as ancillary support force for BA and BN, by this I mean assist in Ariel intelligence, surveillance and movement of man and material.

In the medium term develop BAF as integrated support function for BA and BN with appropriate assets that will provide air cover in land and sea.

Finally in the long term plan for a BAF that is an bona fide arm of the military with offensive assets that is able to strike deep and hard into enemy territory.

In SAMs we should concentrate and raise a 4th arm of our military. BAFs issues are deep and will take time to resolve. We must innovatively address the gaps in our defense immediately and prepare for a strong and purposeful BAF in time.

Yep, those morons in BAF have purchased another 23K-8W trainers in the summer. This money could have properly modernised all 8 Mig-29s instead.

Totally agree that BA and BN officers need to take over BAF while new leadership emerges from the ranks of the junior officers of the BAF.

I m damn sure his ejection seat did not work. Same happened to two of the burmese pilots last month.

Stop spreading fantasy and fiction

i can believe whatever i wish ,so do u..stop advising others what to believe or what not..now, shu shu top_pussy saheb....

Lol, Syrian airspace is the most crowded in the world.

So in the last month, who has attacked the Syrian military or government?

Jews are scared witless and are no longer daring to fly into Syria or even attempting attacks from outside as the S-300 can shoot them down over 100kms outside Syrian airspace.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom