What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

LOL there are more air bases according to that map than there are MiG-29s in the inventory.

Pathetic.

Well thanks to Golapi for that, lets hope things will change starting from this year with MMRCA deal by G2G and possibly the MRCA tender too.

4 operational Mig-29?? 20% of Yak-130? Where did you get those figure from? :o: We lost 3 Yak-130, one can be repaired one will be given by Russia free cause the first one crashed because of faulty FBW before warranty expired just receiving after 1 year. And we have 8 Mig-29SE, all are operational, can be spotted often flying fully armed. How's your second hand Mig-29's fleet?? Heard only 12 are operational now, can find only one pic with full armament. And More MRCA,MMRCA and AJT will be procured so don't worry. :D

To be fair, i have never seen more than 3 migs flying together in formation in recent years.

Looks like no of airports are bigger than no of war worthy aircraft of bangaldesh air force. No?
Airports are for civilian use not military. Having many Airports/Airfields doesn't necessarily mean we have to have air force base or deploy combat aircraft in every single one of them. War situations are different matter.

LOL there are more air bases according to that map than there are MiG-29s in the inventory.

Pathetic.
BAF has only 4 operational Air bases. Jessor, Dhaka, Chittagong and Cox's Bazar. This map shows the rough locations of some of the airport/airfields under the control of Bangladesh civil aviation authority. And then they missed a few. For example there is two more air fields in Chittagong Division.

Well thanks to Golapi for that, lets hope things will change starting from this year with MMRCA deal by G2G and possibly the MRCA tender too.

Not only Golapi. To be fair none of our gov. never had much of a vision about BAF.
Not a fan of Golapi. But we must call a spade a spade. BAF is a collective failure of our political and military establishment. One must accept the truth, if he/she wants to improve this situation. Acceptance shows the path to amend the mistakes.

Goodday.

Last edited:
Not only Golapi. To be fair none of our gov. never had much of a vision about BAF.
Not a fan of Golapi. But you must call a spade a spade. BAF is a collective failure of our political and military establishment. One must accept the truth, if he/she wants to improve this situation. Acceptance shows the path to amend the mistakes.

Agree, BAF has their faults too. I remember we lost few fighters and helicopters because of their negligence in a cyclone. Btw we didn't get the refund after canceling the order, did we? So shouldn't govt ask Khaleda to pay them back for wasting country's money?

MiG-29-13.png
MiG-29-24.png
MiG-29-14.png
95280_1470274719.jpg

Serial No- 503
68536_1492852725.jpg
60580_1513945691.jpg

To be fair, i have never seen more than 3 migs flying together in formation in recent years.

Happy?? :-)

But in which of those pictures are 3 or more aircraft flying in formation?

Looks like we usually fly 3 Mig-29 in formation that's far i can find on the Internet, but i can give you a mix formation of our fighter. Anyway here are two photos.Damn!! Samee, Tasdid or Sonet vai would be more helpful here.

images
MiG-29-7-240x240.png

Any way this is last year's promo by BAF, if you look closely in 48 seconds there are 4 fighters, though i am not sure if the last one really Mig-29 or not.

@Tanveer666 mone hoy oto borolok hoi nai 4 ta double engine fighter eksathe fly koranor moto. :(

Last edited:
4 operational Mig-29?? 20% of Yak-130? Where did you get those figure from? :o: We lost 3 Yak-130, one can be repaired one will be given by Russia free cause the first one crashed because of faulty FBW before warranty expired just receiving after 1 year, don't know if other will given free by Russia or not cause investigation isn't completed yet. And we have 8 Mig-29SE, all are operational, can be spotted often flying fully armed. How's your second hand Mig-29's fleet?? Heard only 12 are operational now, can find only one pic with full armament. And More MRCA,MMRCA and AJT will be procured so don't worry. :D
For the MiGs, other BD members told different stories.
IMG_20180120_154936.png

For the Yak, no credible information from Russian side.

Nice
Looks like we usually fly 3 Mig-29 in formation that's far i can find on the Internet, but i can give you a mix formation of our fighter. Anyway here are two photos.Damn!! Samee, Tasdid or Sonet vai would be more helpful here.

images
MiG-29-7-240x240.png

Any way this is last year's promo by BAF, if you look closely in 48 seconds there are 4 fighters, though i am not sure if the last one really Mig-29 or not.

@Tanveer666 mone hoy oto borolok hoi nai 4 ta double engine fighter eksathe fly koranor moto. :(

Nice video!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom