What's new

Bangladesh Air Force To Buy Kh-31A Supersonic Anti-Ship Missile

Seriously it wont
MAF outguns BAF with more jf17s

Bengaldesh should work with india
Or look for single engine plateform in atlesst 3-4 squardon numbers(~60-80)
While retiring everything else
Now that mig29 are being refurbished this seems unlikely to happen
BD enjoys the rather "neutral"-ish status as of now(other than with Myanmar) with respect to its surroundings(China/India) and on a global stage(with respect to other major players like US, Russia, Europe, etc). They can leverage that to purchase stuff without many obstacles.

Considering their geography, proximity with the "enemy", and other such factors...a fighter jet like F16, or Gripen, or J10 would be excellent. They need to streamline their air force to mainly that one fighter jet that one multirole single engine fighter jet. These can carry out air to ground, antiship, air superiority, etc. missions...all with adequate range and payload.

US would be open to selling BD F16 Block 70s(not sure if they would allow BD to have antiship munitions with the F16s...just to make sure IN won't be challenged...just in case).

China would sell them J10 with most likely less strings attached as opposed to US.

Swedes would sell them Gripen...but that means dealing with multiple suppliers(like for example the engine is american)...which is just more hectic in general.

They can easily shop around the world...while developing key pieces domestically...like for example their own datalinks. If they placed bulk order for let's say 72 aircrafts...all these suppliers would line up...giving BD the most leverage to be able to set up as much infrastructure as will be possible with these manufacturers for things like MRO facilities. 72 aircrafts are 4 squadrons...which is plenty for a country like BD. Sweden practically follows that same strategy...their air force only operates Gripen fighter jets(around 70 I think).

@Bilal9 @Avicenna thoughts?

I hope this is the first of many procurement to come because truth be told we are behind Myanmar. If rumors of Western fighter (Typhoon) are true then it puts BAF on a positive trajectory because Western tech advantage is clear and no Western nation will sell weapons to Myanmar's murderous military junta.

At least the 8 Mig-29s are finally being upgraded to be able to provide some real deterrence to MAF.

8 upgraded Mig-29s, 16 F-BGIs and those Yak-130s that could come in useful in WVR engagements should at least allow BD to stave off MAF for a week or two.

It isn't very comforting to think a week or two of deterrence is all we have but this is a result of how poorly BAF procurement pipeline has been managed over the last two decades.

Our entire economy is protected by the combined might of 8 Mig-29s, 16 F-7BGIs and 14 Yak-130 trainers, to say nothing of how many will be fly worthy in a conflict. Heads should be rolling but I don't expect this level of accountability from BAL.

SIPRI.png

Maybe you are brainless of the highest order.

You don't understand my point.

We have NONE of the weapons in that magazine. Nor we intended to purchase one in the future. We can't afford them.

If you read the title of the aircraft carrier page, you would see "Replenish at sea". It explains the logistical challenges of a blue water navy. The Su-57 page talks about the efficacy of modern Russian weapons.

This is the difference between us. We read a wide range of military topics from logistical challenges to the communication process during Joint operations. These are boring yet knowledgable topics. This is why we are more proficient in military tactics.

Meanwhile, you pay money to fake news websites that claim F-16, Mig-35 are coming to BAF SOON. And you dont read other military topics if it is concerned with Bangladesh armed forces.
This is why you are inept when it comes to real military tactics.

You act all Bangladeshis pay money for fake news when it's literally Bangladesh AirForce being a slow a$$ mf for purchasing Euro Fighter Typhoons.

Every clash whether naval or land as been a win for Bangladesh as you seen , our border guards who were outnumbered still managed to kick Myanmars *** back then.

If Bangladesh gave even 2 sHits about going against Myanmar they would

our border guards who were outnumbered still managed to kick Myanmars *** back then
according to whom?
maybe according to Fake news, propaganda, and rumors. :crazy::crazy:

According to real-life nothing happens, dude. In 2000, Myanmar soldiers lay some mines near the border to counter insurgency and BGF deploy some troops in response. It is just a standstill, nothing happens if you don't count 3 civilians blown up by mines.

Here is a BBC article from that 2000 border incident.
written by Bangladeshi BBC journalist name, Moazzem Hossain in Dhaka. If there are military casualties, he would definitely write about that.

Every clash whether naval or land as been a win for Bangladesh
according to your fantasy maybe, but according to the third party organization such as GFP, it is a whole different story.

BD enjoys the rather "neutral"-ish status as of now(other than with Myanmar) with respect to its surroundings(China/India) and on a global stage(with respect to other major players like US, Russia, Europe, etc). They can leverage that to purchase stuff without many obstacles.

Considering their geography, proximity with the "enemy", and other such factors...a fighter jet like F16, or Gripen, or J10 would be excellent. They need to streamline their air force to mainly that one fighter jet that one multirole single engine fighter jet. These can carry out air to ground, antiship, air superiority, etc. missions...all with adequate range and payload.

US would be open to selling BD F16 Block 70s(not sure if they would allow BD to have antiship munitions with the F16s...just to make sure IN won't be challenged...just in case).

China would sell them J10 with most likely less strings attached as opposed to US.

Swedes would sell them Gripen...but that means dealing with multiple suppliers(like for example the engine is american)...which is just more hectic in general.

They can easily shop around the world...while developing key pieces domestically...like for example their own datalinks. If they placed bulk order for let's say 72 aircrafts...all these suppliers would line up...giving BD the most leverage to be able to set up as much infrastructure as will be possible with these manufacturers for things like MRO facilities. 72 aircrafts are 4 squadrons...which is plenty for a country like BD. Sweden practically follows that same strategy...their air force only operates Gripen fighter jets(around 70 I think).

Like @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has mentioned many times before, a reasonable number of 4+ gen single engine multirole fighter like the F-16 or Gripen would be more than adequate for Bangladesh.

Other than the political aspects of a split buy, I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons in getting two or even three different types.

I sent you an article on your page regarding the USAF considering a buy of new build F-16s probably based on Block 70 model.

Still a very capable platform and probably alot cheaper to operate than any EFT or other dual engine type.

I hope this is the first of many procurement to come because truth be told we are behind Myanmar. If rumors of Western fighter (Typhoon) are true then it puts BAF on a positive trajectory because Western tech advantage is clear and no Western nation will sell weapons to Myanmar's murderous military junta.

It isn't very comforting to think a week or two of deterrence is all we have but this is a result of how poorly BAF procurement pipeline has been managed over the last two decades.

Our entire economy is protected by the combined might of 8 Mig-29s, 16 F-7BGIs and 14 Yak-130 trainers, to say nothing of how many will be fly worthy in a conflict. Heads should be rolling but I don't expect this level of accountability from BAL.

View attachment 709562
We also just singed a contract for Pantsir-S1 and Orlan-10 UAVs along with new radar systems.

Just a few points.

I'm sorry that both Bangladesh and Myanmar feel the need to spend money on weapons when we both have other problems that need that money.

That being said, after the Rohingya issue on 2017 as well as Myanmar's general antagonism towards Bangladesh, I can't wait to see a bamboo stick shoved up your military's arse.

It's not the Kh-31 you need to be worried about mate.

It's what's in the cards to follow.
We still spend way less than anyone in the neighborhood. Burma eats beggars chicken from China and spends all their money on war
I reported him for abusive language. You should too. He called you names.

This is not the way we discuss things.

I also 'ignored' him, no need to waste time with this abusive person, not worthy of my attention.

On a more interesting point, SU-57?? Aircraft carrier?? Delusion of the highest order.

With a third world economy, a fourth the size of ours?

Good Luck... :lol:

They must grow some good Mary-Jane in the jungles of Myanmar.
They’ll probably buy the rust bucket from Thailand

This is the difference between us. We read a wide range of military topics from logistical challenges to the communication process during Joint operations. These are boring yet knowledgable topics. This is why we are more proficient in military tactics.
Alright, why dont you use your so called *more proficient in military tactics* to defeat your rebels?

Too busy eating bananas?

Alright, why dont you use your so called *more proficient in military tactics* to defeat your rebels?

Too busy eating bananas?
nah,they r too busy to learn more proficiency in military tactics by sending their soldiers sons in rebel controlled areas!! wah,what a strategy!!
138707841_813090629268641_8285395774844334204_n.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

BAF is in a very sorry state currently. Instead of real adversary aircraft, it is overloaded with trainers, but that is never a bad thing. Training new pilots is a constant challenge. Aircraft can be sourced quickly, but replacing a well-trained pilot takes years.

I agree with most of your thoughts, but we do need some platform housing an air-launched anti-ship missile like the AM39 Exocet, as mounted on some of your Mirage 5's.

The recent news about Bangladesh acquiring supersonic Kh-31's is good news, which means we have (or will soon have) ARM capability. Having ARM capability is crucial to knocking out air search radars and fire control radars which is the first part of the mission to securing sea lanes, by disabling sensor capability for aggressor ships.

Once sensors are out, any aggressor ship pretty much becomes a sitting duck for Exocet or other air-launched missile hits.

Bangladesh also needs aircraft with strong RF and Optical signal jamming capability.

And smaller multiple AWACS platforms which you guys have would be great as well.

My thoughts exactly.

BAF is in a very sorry state currently. Instead of real adversary aircraft, it is overloaded with trainers, but that is never a bad thing. Training new pilots is a constant challenge. Aircraft can be sourced quickly, but replacing a well-trained pilot takes years.

I agree with most of your thoughts, but we do need some platform housing an air-launched anti-ship missile like the AM39 Exocet, as mounted on some of your Mirage 5's.

The recent news about Bangladesh acquiring supersonic Kh-31's is good news, which means we have (or will soon have) ARM capability. Having ARM capability is crucial to knocking out air search radars and fire control radars which is the first part of the mission to securing sea lanes, by disabling sensor capability for aggressor ships.

Once sensors are out, any aggressor ship pretty much becomes a sitting duck for Exocet or other air-launched missile hits.

Bangladesh also needs aircraft with strong RF and Optical signal jamming capability.

And smaller multiple AWACS platforms which you guys have would be great as well.

I think BAF is getting the anti-ship version of the Kh-31 not the ARM. A as opposed to the P.

Also 32 of these little birds would be all that BAF needs!

We still spend way less than anyone in the neighborhood. Burma eats beggars chicken from China and spends all their money on war

They’ll probably buy the rust bucket from Thailand

Ha ha ha, that is no better than a Royal Barge, as the Thais call it. Do we have confirmed news?

11000 ton Thai-tanic. :lol:

Even the Thais had no money to operate this thing, where will the Myanmarese find the money?

This is hilarious. These generals will drive Myanmar to poverty, the way they are spending money and taking cuts from the purchases. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom