What's new

Bangladesh Air Force To Buy Kh-31A Supersonic Anti-Ship Missile

This missile is good
However, both China and the United States have thoroughly studied the advantages and disadvantages of this missile. China has produced and improved this missile, and the United States has also received a number of kh31,And then turned it into a target missle

Screenshot 2021-01-22 223307.png

Haha haha:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Meanwhile Myanmar Navy uses more modern and better Kh-35 (130km) range anti-ship missiles.
Even Chinese C-802 is a better choice.

Congrats on the missile purchase since it is a waste of money for you and it poses NO threats to us.:D:D

View attachment 709467

Meanwhile Myanmar Navy uses more modern and better Kh-35 (130km) range anti-ship missiles.

Congrats on the missile purchase since it is a waste of money for you and it poses NO threats to us.:D:D

Supersonic sea skimming ASh missile > MANPAD on ship.

You lose.

View attachment 709467

Congrats on the missile purchase since it is a waste of money for you and it poses NO threats to us
.:D:D

poses no threat??!!how r u gonna intercept this supersonic missile??!! by ur manpads??

but but but our migs r nonupgradeable..!!
@tarpitz burmese navy will surely use their state of the art manpads to intercept our pesky kh31A!!
its not for the burmese navy. its for the navy of your "other" neighbor...

23 fighter jets (including the new ones) will at least give us minimum deterrence against Myanmar.

Lets follow @Bilal9's advice and try not to engage with trolls. This sub-forum is still kinda infested with them and you can't get rid of them at all. It's futile to have an argument. I am tired of them. 😞

Profile e giya "ignore" koira den. Shob chilla-falla bondho. Egulir pisoney time noshto koira luv nai.

Jegulir rokter dosh oiguli thik hoibo na.

Secondly, the proficiency gap between BAF now and what's needed to utilize the incoming Western aircraft needs to be rectified in the interim.

To me, this is going to be the most crucial factor.

No shortcuts possible - you need intensive training in new technology/doctrine, and new blood. More of the latter.

@Avicenna @Bilal9
At times like this, I am really surprised by the lack of knowledge by Bangladeshi PDF members. No wonder I called you stupid or idiot for so many times. :disagree::disagree:

Dear Idiots, let me part some knowledge on you.

Have you ever read some books on modern navy tactics? If not, watch some videos on Binkov's battlegrounds Youtube channel (it will save some time for you).
Then you will know that one thing navies never do is "To Deploy Outside The Fighter Coverage". :lol::lol:
IF Myanmar navy fleet be deployed for potential combat mission, it will always be protected by 1 sqd of MAF fighters. And those fighters will be armed with BVRAAMs.
MAF has 140 of R-27 missiles. 60 missiles are R-27-R variant (range=74KM). 80 missiles are of
R-27ER variant (range=130km). **citation (Trade registers SIPRI)

BAF migs will be shot down before they have a chance of firing its anti-ship missiles.
This is not even counting upcoming Su-30SM which has a radar range of 400km. 8-)

IF BAF is to equip with C-802 missile (has a range of 120km), air engagement for MAF will become tricky. This is what I mean by Kh-31a is waste of money, idiots.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way,

I have some idea why you guys are ill-informed on military tactics. For us, there are a lot of books, and magazines written by real experts and ex-generals on modern military tactics and strategies. One example being Thayninga magazine. I am not talking about fan boy pages. I am talking about real analysis done by real professionals.
Do you have anything like in Bangladesh?

here is some example pages.

View attachment 709528View attachment 709529View attachment 709530View attachment 709531

Okey...in case of any naval skirmish ur banana airforce will be there to save ur manpad equipped banana stealth trawlers..now tell me where was ur banana airforce when ur navy chimps actually fled by hiding their naval strategies between their *****...dont tell me that in 2008,u didnt have a airforce.nd yes,r 27s r so costly we cant even afford them!! In the whole universe, only supreme armed forces from banana republic can afford them...now ans my ques,what does ur navy have to intercept those supersonic missiles?

@Avicenna @Bilal9
At times like this, I am really surprised by the lack of knowledge by Bangladeshi PDF members. No wonder I called you stupid or idiot for so many times. :disagree::disagree:

Dear Idiots, let me part some knowledge on you.

Have you ever read some books on modern navy tactics? If not, watch some videos on Binkov's battlegrounds Youtube channel (it will save some time for you).
Then you will know that one thing navies never do is "To Deploy Outside The Fighter Coverage". :lol::lol:
IF Myanmar navy fleet be deployed for potential combat mission, it will always be protected by 1 sqd of MAF fighters. And those fighters will be armed with BVRAAMs.
MAF has 140 of R-27 missiles. 60 missiles are R-27-R variant (range=74KM). 80 missiles are of
R-27ER variant (range=130km). **citation (Trade registers SIPRI)

BAF migs will be shot down before they have a chance of firing its anti-ship missiles.
This is not even counting upcoming Su-30SM which has a radar range of 400km. 8-)

IF BAF is to equip with C-802 missile (has a range of 120km), air engagement for MAF will become tricky. This is what I mean by Kh-31a is waste of money, idiots.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way,

I have some idea why you guys are ill-informed on military tactics. For us, there are a lot of books, and magazines written by real experts and ex-generals on modern military tactics and strategies. One example being Thayninga magazine. I am not talking about fan boy pages. I am talking about real analysis done by real professionals.
Do you have anything like in Bangladesh?

here is some example pages.

View attachment 709528View attachment 709529View attachment 709530View attachment 709531

Just a few points.

I'm sorry that both Bangladesh and Myanmar feel the need to spend money on weapons when we both have other problems that need that money.

That being said, after the Rohingya issue on 2017 as well as Myanmar's general antagonism towards Bangladesh, I can't wait to see a bamboo stick shoved up your military's arse.

It's not the Kh-31 you need to be worried about mate.

It's what's in the cards to follow.

Just a few points.

I'm sorry that both Bangladesh and Myanmar feel the need to spend money on weapons when we both have other problems that need that money.

That being said, after the Rohingya issue on 2017 as well as Myanmar's general antagonism towards Bangladesh, I can't wait to see a bamboo stick shoved up your military's arse.

It's not the Kh-31 you need to be worried about mate.

It's what's in the cards to follow.

I reported him for abusive language. You should too. He called you names.

This is not the way we discuss things.

I also 'ignored' him, no need to waste time with this abusive person, not worthy of my attention.

On a more interesting point, SU-57?? Aircraft carrier?? Delusion of the highest order.

With a third world economy, a fourth the size of ours?

Good Luck... :lol:

They must grow some good Mary-Jane in the jungles of Myanmar.

Last edited:
I reported him for abusive language. You should too. He called you names.

This is not the way we discuss things.

I also 'ignored' him, no need to waste time with this abusive person, not worthy of my attention.

On a more interesting point, SU-57?? Aircraft carrier?? Delusion of the highest order.

With a third world economy, a fourth the size of ours?

Good Luck... :lol:

They must grow some good Mary-Jane in the jungles of Myanmar.

I'm not really worried about being called an idiot lol.

Rather, I don't think we should be calling them derogatory terms like monkeys etc.

As for the actual content of his post.....he is correct in MyAF having a distinct advantage over BAF at this time.

On paper.

BAF definitely needs to upgrade its equipment and capabilities.

The next phase is revealing what the MRCA will be.

I never used to give Burma much thought but quite honestly, after seeing their attitude during and after the Rohingya situation in 2017, I hope they will be put in their place by the armed forces of Bangladesh if it comes to that.

r 27s r so costly we cant even afford them!! In the whole universe, only supreme armed forces from banana republic can afford them
No. Bangladesh can afford them. 28 other countries can afford them including Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Sudan.
BD has only 28 of the R-27R variant from Ukraine.
Screenshot 2021-01-23 083643.png

P:S try to research a bit more if you dont to be an idiot.

what does ur navy have to intercept those supersonic missiles

we dont have to. Since they will be shot down before having a chance of firing.

Kh-31a is only 70km range. To fire those, BAF migs have to come closer to MN fleet which will be protected by MAF mig-29s armed with 130km range R-27 missiles.

So BAF migs will be shot down before they reach 70km distance.

Last edited:
Myanmar's general antagonism towards Bangladesh

I think it is a response to your government call for R2P, mate.

Rather, I don't think we should be calling them derogatory terms like monkeys etc.

thank you so much for saying this Bro. if you look at my PDF history you will never see racist or negative comments aimed at the whole Bangladeshi people. it can be said the same for most MM PDF members.

We just wish you guys would show the same courtesy to us.
I Really appreciate for you to say this.

Sincerely. :-)

Maybe you are brainless of the highest order.

You don't understand my point.

We have NONE of the weapons in that magazine. Nor we intended to purchase one in the future. We can't afford them.

If you read the title of the aircraft carrier page, you would see "Replenish at sea". It explains the logistical challenges of a blue water navy. The Su-57 page talks about the efficacy of modern Russian weapons.

This is the difference between us. We read a wide range of military topics from logistical challenges to the communication process during Joint operations. These are boring yet knowledgable topics. This is why we are more proficient in military tactics.

Meanwhile, you pay money to fake news websites that claim F-16, Mig-35 are coming to BAF SOON. And you dont read other military topics if it is not concerned with Bangladesh armed forces.
This is why you are inept when it comes to real military tactics.

Last edited:
real analysis done by real professionals
Sometimes by American military institutes. Sometimes they just translate the research papers done by US military and put them in the magazine.

For example,
A paper done by United States Army War College.

71470760_1373074192861817_8698650715456798720_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom