What's new

Bangladesh Air Force Fighter Aircraft Procurement Program

Second hand miraj 2000 & J 10 are good choice if BD can buy them.

I am not denying that BD does not have a credible deterrent to India currently.

It needs a plan till around 2030 and starting off with a procurement of J-10B would be a very good start. It would be a match for the Rafale that India would get soon and best of all will come with half the price tag. Adding in generous financing from China and BD could afford around 100 units by 2020.

When India gets the FGFA then BD could also look at planes like the Chinese J-21 or the South Korean semi-stealth fighter currently in development. As these will also be relatively cheap BD should be also be able to afford maybe another 100 units of these aircraft.

With a force of 100 J-10B and 100 J-21/Other stealth fighter by 2030, then the BD air-force looks like it can give real fight to anything but all all-out Indian attack.

That is something that BD can afford and should plan for.
do u think j10 is comparable to rafale?? And if u want to challenge india.. Why not u buy f22 that would be perfect.. Are u nuts or something?? One of ur guys also said earlier that by 2025 bangladesh 'll have 12 type214sub.. Showing ur madrassa iq everytime does'nt work.. Be practical..

War between Bangladesh and India is impossible because it will not serve the long term aim of either country.

From Bangladesh perspective India is too big to take on.

From India perspective it can defeat Bangladesh in battle but it would never be able to win the war. It would have to be an invading force and controlling a nation on 160m a feat that no country in the world has. You need only to see recent history military power does not translate well into being able to control a country after battle is done e.g Iraq Afghanistan etc. By the dint of our limited territory and a huge homogenious and nationalistic population we are a fortress nation.

India and Bangladesh due to our history and geography will collude in economic fields and I for one can not see any war in any conceivable point. Neither country is mad enough nor would it make sense because of a lack of and end goal or a prize.

But saying all that Bangladesh does need minimal deference against India and Burma not with the expectation of war but to ensure we can defend ourselves. We must ensure that a misadventure would be too costly for either country. This is merely simple defensive calculus not aggressive posturing.

why will India go war with BD ??????? we don't have that much considerable disputes with each other... invading BD or going war with BD gives any advantage a big NO.... coming to minimal deterrence against, that's your interest we got nothing to do with you.... but building military against India will cause disturbance.. because BD is surrounded by India.....

do u think j10 is comparable to rafale?? And if u want to challenge india.. Why not u buy f22 that would be perfect.. Are u nuts or something?? One of ur guys also said earlier that by 2025 bangladesh 'll have 12 type214sub.. Showing ur madrassa iq everytime does'nt work.. Be practical..

J-10B with AESA, WS-10B, PL-21D and PL-10 AAM will be a match for Rafale. Rafale is just a 4.5-gen fighter just like the J-10B.

Don't be an idiot when you clearly have shown that you know nothing about military technology

And btw, BD can afford 12 subs by 2025 but it would impact other areas of defence spending. It would create an
unbalanced military for BD though.

If you want to get into the numbers game, please be my guest and I can show you what I can do.

^ Do you know anything about Rafale......its not JUST 4.5 gen fighter. It has defeated 5 best 4++ gen fighter in Indian trials which has been acknowledged by US, Russia and other competing nations in MMRCA. I think you should look more about Rafale.

So better stop the comparison, even Pakistani members say that Rafale is better.

J-10B with AESA, WS-10B, PL-21D and PL-10 AAM will be a match for Rafale. Rafale is just a 4.5-gen fighter just like the J-10B.

Don't be an idiot when you clearly have shown that you know nothing about military technology

And btw, BD can afford 12 subs by 2025 but it would impact other areas of defence spending. It would create an

If you want to get into the numbers game, please be my guest and I can show you what I can do.
ok u knws better.. J10b is good for countries like bangladesh, and some african countries.. Who can't afford western or russian fighters in good number.. ;)

ok u knws better.. J10b is good for countries like bangladesh, and some african countries.. Who can't afford western or russian fighters in good number.. ;)

12 subs???? within 13 years???? good all the best... i bet you can't get more than 3 or 4.....

Is BD looking in acquiring JF-17s?

yes i agree with you.. JF-17 will be good choice for BD....

12 subs???? within 13 years???? good all the best... i bet you can't get more than 3 or 4.....

50 jf17 by 2025 is quite possible for bd.. :)

^ Do you know anything about Rafale......its not JUST 4.5 gen fighter. It has defeated 5 best 4++ gen fighter in Indian trials which has been acknowledged by US, Russia and other competing nations in MMRCA. I think you should look more about Rafale.

So better stop the comparison, even Pakistani members say that Rafale is better.

LOL. Got any proof that Rafale is better than J-10B?

J-10B will be using cutting edge Chinese radar and missile technology. France is not US and does not have a significant technological lead over China in these areas anymore.

China has already demonstrated it's radar prowess by operating KJ-2000 AESA radar AWACs for nearly a decade now. In addition it has AESA radars on the Type-052C destroyer.

Rafale is JUST a 4.5-gen fighter.

If it makes Indians feel better that Rafale is better than J-10B then go ahead.

50 jf17 by 2025 is quite possible for bd.. :)

J-10B will be using cutting edge Chinese radar and missile technology. France is not US and does not have a significant technological lead over China in these areas anymore.

Ignorance at its best!! ;)

Export version is the FC-20. And frankly, we don't even know what that is. Is it J-10A? J-10B? Something else? We don't know. But Bangladesh should look into it.

And an aircraft fielding AESA radar does not automatically translate as being better than the one fielding PESA.

Don't underestimate the Rafale. It is even more superior than the F-16.

12 subs by 2025? Dear, do you know how much it costs to build and operate them? Along with training? At most, 3-4 would be realistic for Bangladesh within that time frame.

:lol:

China has already demonstrated it's radar prowess by operating KJ-2000 AESA radar AWACs for nearly a decade now. In addition it has AESA radars on the Type-052C destroyer.

are you serious you are questioning french technology:woot:....... edited part(because not needed)... hey i forget french navy is blue water navy...and they are able to build their own jet engine from decades ago...

12 subs by 2025? Dear, do you know how much it costs to build and operate them? Along with training? At most, 3-4 would be realistic for Bangladesh within that time frame.

You need to read and analyse what I have said.

I said that BD can afford 12 subs by 2025 if it really wanted to.

The raw cash would be there but it would not be a good idea as then there would be less money for other areas like the air-force.

You are welcome for me to use statistics to illustrate this to you if you lack in this area.

are you serious you are questioning french technology:woot:....... the ability to copy and paste entire jet will give you no technological advancement.... chini are well known for adding attracting gadget....which makes it shine... hey i forget french navy is blue water navy...and they are able to build their own jet engine from decades ago...

I am sure that China copied/pasted the J-20.

Too many Indians think just because they cannot progress in technology, then others cannot.

Back
Top Bottom