What's new

Bangladesh Air Force Fighter Aircraft Procurement Program

Maira La

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
All news, rumors, speculations and wishlists related to BAF's MRCA procurement program goes in this thread.

there are many threads regarding same issue... no need to open another thread...

there are many threads regarding same issue... no need to open another thread...

Personal Opinion: I think we don't need Indian (troll) input other than those from some senior respectable oldtimers such as Joe Shearer, EjazR etc. and occasional constructive posts from the resident Bengalis Jako, LaBong etc. All regular Indian trolls are encouraged to go troll in their own section. Thanks

PS: By the way, I don't see any other post dedicated to BAF's fighter aircraft procurement program.

Mig-29Ms will be the most logical choice, given the experience they have and the procurement price.

Mods went on a stream roll the other day. :lol: But on a serious note you won't find much defence topics in BD since BD military is mostly very secretive and politics always tops all agenda. Political news ,socioeconomic and strategic affairs is also related with defence. And now with political unrest in BD you will hardly find anything other than politics to discuss.

Anyway on topic: We should abandon russian fighters for good now and move towards western ones and chinese to supplement those. Russia was never a reliable supplier or partner and its only the inability of the BAL fagots to find other sources for procurement that they bought those obsolete migs. I hope we buy Grippen or (if the wallet allows) typhoon. J10 is also a great fighter and with th ouster of BAL j10 and JF17 may also become a possibility. :)

Personal Opinion: I think we don't need Indian (troll) input other than those from some senior respectable oldtimers such as Joe Shearer, EjazR etc. and occasional constructive posts from the resident Bengalis Jako, LaBong etc. All regular Indian trolls are encouraged to go troll in their own section. Thanks

PS: By the way, I don't see any other post dedicated to BAF's fighter aircraft procurement program.

excuse me there is another regarding BAF jets .... so i informed you...what is wrong in that???

I would like to see at least two squadrons of JF-17/FC-1 as maritime strikers for Bangladesh navy.They can fire C-802 ASM and it'd be cost effective also.

BAF should go for single-engined aircraft.

Twin-engined ones like MiG-29 are not very rationale considering BAF's limited budget.

JF-17 will be the best buy....or if possible second hand F-16....But what's wrong with twin engined ones....Mig with new upgrades in smal number will be a potent deterrence.

BAF should go for single-engined aircraft.

Twin-engined ones like MiG-29 are not very rationale considering BAF's limited budget.

If BNP gets into power, then it may be possible to procure the J-10B from China.

It would offer by far the best performance/price ratio.

JF-17 will be the best buy....or if possible second hand F-16....But what's wrong with twin engined ones....Mig with new upgrades in smal number will be a potent deterrence.

BD needs to plan to deter India in the decades to come.

Mig-29 simply will not cut it.

used f-16s will be good................there are many well maintained surplus f-16s around the world,plus they can get maintenance, weapons,training packages around the world............as USAF and many air forces are planning to upgrade f-16s credible and modern upgrade packages will be available..........BTW threads already exist on this topic ,if pointing at this is trolling then god help PDF and bangladesh from idiots.........

If BNP gets into power, then it may be possible to procure the J-10B from China.

BD needs to plan to deter India in the decades to come.

Mig-29 simply will not cut it.
Mig 29 is the best you can afford. But seriously, no offence but detering India is nearly impossible for BD right now.

Mig 35 is a good choice. Low cost, feature packed and cheap replacements as well...........

It'd be the best choice for BAF.

Single-engined, nimble, and most importantly from a very reliable and trustworthy supplier.

used f-16s will be good................there are many well maintained surplus f-16s around the world,plus they can get maintenance, weapons,training packages around the world............as USAF and many air forces are planning to upgrade f-16s credible and modern upgrade packages will be available..........BTW threads already exist on this topic ,if pointing at this is trolling then god help PDF and bangladesh from idiots.........

The Americans won't offer us their BVR missile - the AMRAAM.

Back
Top Bottom