What's new

Bangladesh a better place to live than India, survey says

No such report by UN... According to data produced by the Bangladeshi Ministry of Home Affairs, as many as 5 lakh Indians were staying in Bangladesh illegally in 2009.. Accorrding to Indian ministry illegel bengalis in India is 20million...As always the respective governments will give exagerated figures the Indian's in Bengladesh may be less than 5 lakh....

I have changed that it was BD Home Ministry after researching it a little

It is ridiculous to think that there are 20 million Bangladeshi's in India as otherwise every family would know someone
close that has migrated.

Half a million illegal Indians in BD is believable though.

I would share a personal experience of mine.

I am just stating my opinion and on ground experience. I don't have facts or links or urls to back it up. Sorry for that!

Oops...I only meant to question the figure meant in the link you had provided.
I fully agree that the illegal immigrants would sent money only through hawala, since they have no other way.

Since there is no official means of determining the actual figure, the reporter involved is also speculating.

Feel free to disprove the calculation below.
~287 billion BDT
With 5000 Tk/individual (shooting in the dark with the recent min wage for your RMG industry)
~5.7 Crore Indians....I wonder what these many Indians are doing in Bangladesh:what:

Dude, the Indians members in PDF have already shared their myriads of personal experiences regarding those so called illegal Bangladeshis but seriously do you really think these "personal experiences" deserve any sort of credibility? Even we can come up with our personal experiences but that won't prove anything but some dirty trolling. Can you show me any remittance figures that has been sent from India to Bangladesh? Even if they sent them through illegal channels the receiving country will get all the records.

Moreover, your own government approves the fact that Bangladesh is one of the main destinations for Non-Resident Indians. Check the link below:

https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/2228/9780821389720.pdf

According to Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), India has the second largest diaspora in the world, with around 25 million people living in 110 countries. The overseas Indians are divided into Non Resident Indians (NRI) whose main destination countries are Bangladesh, Canada, Kuwait, Nepal, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK and the US and people of Indian origin (POI) who live permanently in countries like Malaysia, Mauritius and Myanmar.

According to the same report some 21% of the Non Resident Indians are living in South Asian countries, that's about 5-6 million Indians, now it can easily be said Bangladesh could host atleast 4 million of them.

Even if they sent them through illegal channels the receiving country will get all the records.

I'm assuming you know how even you can undertake a hawala transaction from Bangladesh.
and FYI the minimum amount is Tk. 1000 and no one else apart from the people involved in the channel would be able to state the amount transacted!....and you are quoting the Govt....Meh!:hitwall:

I have changed that it was BD Home Ministry after researching it a little

It is ridiculous to think that there are 20 million Bangladeshi's in India as otherwise every family would know someone
close that has migrated.

Half a million illegal Indians in BD is believable though.

Don't trust those data by our home ministry. They never had any sort of survey in identifying illegal immigrants, heck we don't even have any proper figures of the rohingya immigrants. They only came up with that absurd figure when the Awami League MPs got embarrassed in their tour to inspect the tipaimukh dam when some Indian journalists seeked their comments on their so called illegal Bangladeshi saga. If proper surveys are carried out the actual figure would be lot higher. 
I'm assuming you know how even you can undertake a hawala transaction from Bangladesh.
and FYI the minimum amount is Tk. 1000 and no one else apart from the people involved in the channel would be able to state the amount transacted!....and you are quoting the Govt....Meh!:hitwall:

No wonder, the amount couldn't be recorded by Bangladesh government as it's the sending country but the country which will receive the money can easily record those amounts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom