What's new

Bangladesh 34th in WEF Inclusive Development Index 2018

bête noire

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
China ranks 26th, Bangladesh 34th, Pakistan 47th and India 62nd. Bangladesh is doing better than PK and far better than our neighbour India.

Source: https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-inclusive-development-index-2018
Direct Report: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Forum_IncGrwth_2018.pdf

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 6.34.20 PM.png

Not sure why Bangladeshi feel the need to compare their economic activity to Pakistan, we have been fighting full-blown insurgency for over 20 years. Its like oranges and apples, shouldn't you be asking why are you doing so poorly compare to Pakistan since you have no foreign sponsored terrorist blowing things up all over the Bangladesh

Not sure why Bangladeshi feel the need to compare their economic activity to Pakistan, we have been fighting full-blown insurgency for over 20 years. Its like oranges and apples, shouldn't you be asking why are you doing so poorly compare to Pakistan since you have no foreign sponsored terrorist blowing things up all over the Bangladesh
Calm down. There was a post on this where Pakistan China and India are compared so I posted one similar but added my own country. I am not berating anyone, just stating how it is. And how is BD doing poorly when BD is 13 ranks above you? IDI is based on 5 year development trend and also overall.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...7-on-wefs-inclusive-development-index.540437/

Last edited:
So what did the government do to get these results? What changed in Bangladesh? Maybe we can learn from it?

Comparison could have been done indirectly.keep the headline neutral and just reveal the respective position of countries in your main article.Any one with intelligence will figure out automatically the position of their country.I am saying this because, many posters here are very sensitive about this type of news.We should not do anything which they will interpret as 'showy' 'boastful' or 'attention seeker'.
While I get you, I followed that other title from Pakistan Economy section ''India Ranks 62nd Much Below China 26, Pakistan 47 On WEF's Inclusive Development Index'' and changed India's perspective to BD perspective.

Doesn't matter in the end because I changed the title.

So what did the government do to get these results? What changed in Bangladesh? Maybe we can learn from it?

Instead of building 4/8 lanes roads and highways, or building big clean cities it invested more in rural development and female work force participation.
Its not an ideal solution but a cheap fix i guess.

Instead of building 4/8 lanes roads and highways, or building big clean cities it invested more in rural development and female work force participation.
Its not an ideal solution but a cheap fix i guess.

What kind of rural development? Did micro finance play a role in this?

What kind of rural development? Did micro finance play a role in this?
Mostly small roads, flood control, high yield rice, change of rice harvesting season (boro cultivation in the winter) etc made some good impact. Besides remittance for unskilled labor in the middle east helped a lot in the rural areas.
2nd biggest factor is the mass migration of the women labor for the garments factories and other factories from poverty stricken villages to the urban and semi urban areas.

I dont see micro credit had any massive impacts but certainly helped.

While I get you, I followed that other title from Pakistan Economy section ''India Ranks 62nd Much Below China 26, Pakistan 47 On WEF's Inclusive Development Index'' and changed India's perspective to BD perspective.

Doesn't matter in the end because I changed the title.
With the new headline, my comments are no longer relevant, so I deleted them.
Let them to make that type of headline.We should not take any inspiration from them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom