What's new

Bangla migration to India largest in developing world

My office peon is a 17 year old Bangladeshi boy....his entire extended family have migrated here. Finding Bangladeshis specially in metro cities is not a difficult task.

Fellow morons of PDF :D, the article talks about legal migration from BD to India, just as it reveals Mid East to be the favorite legal migration route for Indians. Illegal migration is irrelevant here!

As long as politicians in India and the illegal immigrants find common interests,those who already manged to be here are not going back as most of them have acquired legal documents to stay in this country.Massive corruption and the lack of premonition in this regard is a serious issue threatening the demographics in the border region.

Bangladeshis are not allowed legal migration to India. Stop your BS.

Ooh scary! I shall stop my BS right after posting another reply!

Not allowed migration? How so? Working and studying are also considered migration if you didn't know, not-so-bright indian. =)

Edit: If you're still going to keep arguing, take a look at this piece of "BS" from the same article:

ToI said:
For Indians, however, it was the Middle East that was the clear favourite for migration. Two countries in the Middle East were the main destinations - UAE, having 2.9 million Indian migrants, and Saudi Arabia which had 1.8 million.

Quite clearly, migrating for work is considered migration.

No, India should give them amnesty. And have a amnesty program every 5 years.

If you are really so sympathetic towards BDeshi, you should take them in your country, we are ready to provide one way ticket to them, here they have miserable life, please take them in.:lol:

The Congress has always welcomed the BD hordes with open arms. After all, they form a huge vote bank. India be damned. Winning elections is more important.

Ooh scary! I shall stop my BS right after posting another reply!

Not allowed migration? How so? Working and studying are also considered migration if you didn't know, not-so-bright Indian. =)

Who told you Bangladeshis are allowed to migrate to India for working. Indian Employment visa is granted only to selected professionals who earn high dollar salaries (Was 50000$ annual earlier, not sure what it is now). Employment visas are not granted to labour class which BD are

I think that India must offer Bangladeshis a fixed number of work permits. It should be a fairly large number. (more official but partly similar to what is on offer for Nepali citizens who are almost treated on par with Indians) Must require people to apply for it & pay a certain amount for the permit itself as also any tax including income tax that may apply. The advantages are simple. Bangladeshis will be identified as Bangladeshis, will pay taxes, will live legally and that will probably reduce some of the sad things that routinely happen at the border(some not all). Bangladesh will benefit by better relations & more clear & open money transfers into BD. There has to be place for better co-operation instead of just pouring in hatred & money into an absolutely non-productive hate & electoral campaign against illegal migration. (Even if some are identified as Bangladeshis but BD refuses to accept them as such, what will India do?)

You are playing with fire. Most of them are criminals. I fear for you.

well i must disagree that most of them are criminals..... but the fact remains that they take away the livelihood of our local youth by providing cheap labour and adds themself to allready densly populated west bengal, mainly in the suburbs of kolkata.

Back
Top Bottom