What's new

Bangaldesh opposition leader cancels meeting with Indian President

amar to mone hoi jamat bosser fasih oder ho'oner dorun "oti dukhe hasi pai" ei'r loiga eto hasih :rofl: r thakhlo begum er kotha..pronab da songe dekha na kore kar ki holo,o to opposition'e ase,chilo & thakbe chirokal :laugh:

bujhlam opposition e ba akashe thakbe kintu pranab dar pyare bandara bangladesh er 43 bosorer ordhek somoy o position e thakte parlo na...eita to bujhlam na :undecided: !

5 foot 3...i googled it yesterday:lol:

many great leaders who have left their impression in some part of history were short. :). Yuri gagarin the first man in space was 5 feet 2 :D. any ways I am taller than both pranab and gagarin but shorter than 6 :P

Why is Indian Pres. in BD at a time like this? Showing support to murderous BAL regime? Bangladeshis again saw that India wants relation with a certain party not the country and they will always back this dalal party. Though this is expected and natural. India would do anything to look after its hegemonic interest.

Well, the AL itself is facing scandals after scandals.

I find it miraculous that the party is still in power without question and still running! They are trying to silence any opposition critical of them.

I fear that there is indeed a third party force getting involved here seeing from all that went on.

The Ilias Ali disappearance (he was very critical of the Tipaimukh dam project).

A video clearly showing that traitor Moshiur Rahman saying it'd be a 'crime' to charge India transit fees.

Anti-Islamism becoming a political tool out of like......NOWHERE in a poor Muslim-majority nation. Having being grown up mostly abroad, never in my life had I imagined that one coming. Ever....

Kader Siddique being called a "razaakar" :rofl:

Among many others.

And the Indian president is visiting while the nation burns. Do people know how weird this all sounds? :lol:
no,i don't get it at all how weird it sounds..pronobda came for a goodwill visit (and partially pesonal,as he was to visit his in-laws in narail).This visit was pre-planned and BD govt promised adequate security to him..so he went.He didn't came to sign contracts or for any government work (and according to indian constitution he can't do any of those..as this would be done by the indian PM,who is not visiting the country now)..so i think its worthless to politicise pronabda's arrival..

TIB report on Awami MP is something obvious and TIB could not escape. But latest TIB act is something that TIB being used as indian tool while getting funding from US and other EU countries. And Moeen was indian black sheep his brothers has long running relations with indians.

TIB is 2nd line of defence for Indian agents. Just like in PDF, the first line are the open attack dogs and the 2nd line are people who use deception to gain trust by trying to show that they are neutral. This is a message to all neutral guys, do not sit on fences, show your honest feelings and true colors. Otherwise it is difficult to distinguish you from the 2nd line.

The deceptive ones are the most dangerous ones, because they stay inside the fort and open the gates from inside for the enemy to get in.

Lets consider what india did in last 5-6 years:

1) India supplied bagfull of cash and engineered Awami League win.
2) India installed its people like Gowhar Rizvi and Moshiur Rahman and others, got transit without paying anything.
3) India continue killing Bangladeshis at border.
4) India preparing Tipaimukh dam with tacit Awami League support.
5) India blocked border and Teesta water sharing treaty.
6) And there more...

In those backdrops, india has been desperate to keep Awami league in power despite overwhelming rejection of Awami league, its corruption, looting and many other things.

So, india orchestrated Shahbagh fascist fiasco to shore up support for Awami league in guise of 43 years old issue. But that project fallen flat as it exposed anti Islamic agenda of the Shahbagh (Awami league and indians) and instead woken up silent majority population of Bangladesh.

Now, Awami League clinging into power using genocidal force and backing of india. And by this visit of indian President, India wants to send two signals to major power brokers:

One, india still supports Awami League and activitives and wants to see in power. This message intended for both local political and media outlets and broader geo political actors.

Two, there was an specific message to Bangladesh armed forces that between Muslim majority population and Awami League, which side india is taking. And if one consider TIB report that army promotion was done in political consideration one can see cummulative pressure has been exerted on defense forces by india. TIB statement essentially put senior officers on the spot and saying your positions are subject to question and if you don't listen to what Awami League regime and indians by proxy are saying then there will be consiquence. This is by the way trademarked and classick indian way of blackmailing. And wach out who is leading TIB helm Sultana Kamal Chakraborty.

Excellent informative post and analysis.

Why is Indian Pres. in BD at a time like this? Showing support to murderous BAL regime? Bangladeshis again saw that India wants relation with a certain party not the country and they will always back this dalal party. Though this is expected and natural. India would do anything to look after its hegemonic interest.

A visit like this usually planned months in advance.

I really have none from my part to be honest.

But given that many things are going wrong in Bangladesh, it is most unusual for him to visit the country at such an awkward moment. Most unusual.

Okay. How about postponing the visit?

The point is: Why now?

i mean it is really confusing to see the particular timing of the president's visit specially @ this juncture when the country is on the boil, i mean it could have been easily postponed ( considering the internal situation) if going by the news & buzz, is there any possibilities that he is probably there to secure the smooth promotion of gen Moin-ul-Islam to the CAS & @ the same time send a msg to IKB ?

i mean it is really confusing to see the particular timing of the president's visit specially @ this juncture when the country is on the boil, i mean it could have been easily postponed ( considering the internal situation) if going by the news & buzz, is there any possibilities that he is probably here to secure the smooth promotion of gen Moin-ul-Islam to the CAS & @ the same time send a msg to IKB ?

Sir the visit was preplaned and it was only after 1974 first visit of Indian President and his first visit after becoming the President. Only after permission of B'desh government the visit held. I am sure Indian Govt. has asked about cancelling the visit but since its first after 74 they welcomed it. And Thank You!

ভারতীয় গণমাধ্যমের খবর : প্রণব মুখার্জির সঙ্গে খালেদার বৈঠক বাতিল ‘সুদূরপ্রসারী বার্তা’
ডেস্ক রিপোর্ট

বিরোধীদলীয় নেতা বিএনপি চেয়ারপার্সন খালেদা জিয়ার ভারতের রাষ্ট্রপতি প্রণব মুখার্জির সঙ্গে বৈঠক বাতিল করার খবরটি ভারতীয় গণমাধ্যমে ব্যাপক গুরুত্ব পেয়েছে। ভারতীয় গণমাধ্যমের খবরে একে বাংলাদেশের ‘অভ্যন্তরীণ রাজনীতির ক্ষেত্রে সুদূরপ্রসারী বার্তা’ বলেও মন্তব্য করা হয়েছে।
ভারতের প্রথম বাঙালি রাষ্ট্রপতি প্রণব মুখার্জি দায়িত্ব নেয়ার সাত মাস পর প্রথম বিদেশ সফরে রোববার ঢাকায় আসেন। তিন দিনের রাষ্ট্রীয় সফর শেষে আজ তিনি দেশে ফিরে যাবেন।
পশ্চিমবঙ্গের সর্বাধিক প্রচারিত দৈনিক আনন্দবাজার পত্রিকার এক প্রতিবেদনে বলা হয়, খালেদা জিয়ার এই ‘পদক্ষেপ ভারত-বাংলাদেশ সম্পর্কে তো বটেই, অভ্যন্তরীণ রাজনীতির ক্ষেত্রেও সুদূরপ্রসারী বার্তা দিল বলে মনে করছেন কূটনীতিকরা।’ প্রতিবেদনে বলা হয়, প্রণব মুখার্জির সঙ্গে বৈঠক বাতিল করে খালেদা বুঝিয়ে দিলেন, সামনের ভোটে ভারত-বিরোধিতার সুর চড়ানোই হবে তার রণকৌশল।
আনন্দবাজার জানায়, এ ব্যাপারে ভারতের বিদেশ সচিব রঞ্জন মাথাই বলেন, ‘খালেদা জিয়া রাষ্ট্রপতির সঙ্গে সৌজন্য সাক্ষাত্ করতে আসবেন না বলে জানিয়েছেন, ব্যাস। এর বেশি কিছু বলা আমাদের শোভা পায় না।’ আর প্রণব মুখার্জির প্রতিক্রিয়া? রাষ্ট্রপতি ভবনের এক অফিসার জানান, সকালে রওনা হওয়ার আগেই তিনি খবরটা পান। প্রণব মুখার্জির মুখের হাসি কিছুক্ষণের জন্য উধাও হয়ে যায়। তবে কোনো মন্তব্য করেননি তিনি। আন্দোলনের শাহবাগ কিন্তু প্রণব মুখার্জির সফর নিয়ে রীতিমতো উত্তেজিত।
এনডিটিভির খবরে বলা হয়, যুদ্ধাপরাধ মামলার রায় নিয়ে অভ্যন্তরীণ রাজনৈতিক অচলাবস্থা ও সহিংসতার কারণে খালেদা জিয়া প্রণব মুখার্জির সঙ্গে বৈঠক বাতিল করেছেন।
খালেদা জিয়ার সাক্ষাত্কার কর্মসূচি বাতিল প্রণবের প্রথম বিদেশ সফরের ওপর ছায়া ফেলেছে বলে মন্তব্য করা হয়েছে টাইমস অব ইন্ডিয়ার এক প্রতিবেদনে। প্রতিবেদনে বলা হয়, প্রণব মুখার্জি যেদিন বাংলাদেশে আসেন সেদিন জামায়াতের হরতাল ছিল এবং তাতে অন্তত ২৪ জন বিক্ষোভকারী নিহত হয়। তিনি যেদিন (আজ) বাংলাদেশ ত্যাগ করবেন সেদিনও বিএনপির হরতাল।
খবরে বলা হয়, বিএনপি আগেই জানিয়ে দিয়েছে খালেদা জিয়ার পক্ষে প্রণব মুখার্জির সঙ্গে বৈঠক করা সম্ভব হচ্ছে না। তবে গত নভেম্বরে নয় দিনের ভারত সফরের সময় খালেদা জিয়া ভারতের রাষ্ট্রপতির সঙ্গে বৈঠক করেন।
উল্লেখ্য, জামায়াতের ডাকা হরতালে নিরাপত্তাহীনতার কারণ দেখিয়ে খালেদা জিয়া ভারতের রাষ্ট্রপতির সঙ্গে বৈঠক বাতিল করেন। এতে বিএনপি সমর্থকদের অনেকেই উল্লসিত হয়েছেন। তবে সরকারি দল আওয়ামী লীগের নেতারা বেগম জিয়ার এ অবস্থানের সমালোচনা করেছেন।

A visit like this usually planned months in advance.

Doesn't mean it couldn't be cancelled considering the political scenario. India supported massacre of bangladeshis by BAL by visiting at a time like this. EU, US, ME all condemned the current state atrocities against BD protestors except for India. But then again its a natural stance from India looking after its hegemonic interest.

I appreciate KZ for not meeting with Pranab, though the excuse of security is poor. More mature excuse should have been shown.

Our stooge foreign minister, SK and president are praising a lot to Pranab unduly.

I think the spirit of 71 is detrimental for the interest of BD now, it makes people unduly pro-India ignoring the interests of BD. So I reject the spirit of 71, I better think for something new nationalistic spirit that will not compromise the interest of BD and make BD a subservient of India. Though BNP has something like that, but it's a party of ineffective people.

Doesn't mean it couldn't be cancelled considering the political scenario. India supported massacre of bangladeshis by BAL by visiting at a time like this. EU, US, ME all condemned the current state atrocities against BD protestors except for India. But then again its a natural stance from India looking after its hegemonic interest.

True....Pranab could at least express his sorrow at loss of lives when whole the world including UN secretary general showed their worrisome view. I wonder how a politician like him proved himself as dumb as BAL govt. Is it underestimating some mere lives of an underdog (according to him) nation or just pure blind love for BAL? Both won't result sweet.

In daily Amadersomoy comment section someone reported that india had preplanned to kill Khaleda Zia on her way to see Indian President in Dhaka. DGFI after learning the plot risked ire from indian subservient Awami League regime and informed KZ office. That prompted opposition leader to cancel schedule meeting with Indian President.

Beside showing support for Awami League, main reason for Indian president to come in Bangladesh in the middle of genocidal drive was to play an anchor for indian plot to kill Bangladesh opposition leader. Plot was, while Khaleda Zia arrives around Karwan Bazar area there will be simultaneous grenade attack and sharp shooting to take Khaleda Zia out.

This has not been verified but events around Indian president visit in such highly tumultuous time explains why indian president took such high risk for prized target of india - that is Khaleda Zia.

Back
Top Bottom