What's new

Ban Bollywood: Pakistan bigwigs

i think Indian movies were banned in Pakistan for decades but that did not bring down its popularity only increased. Only few years back musharraf legalized public viewing of Indian movies and now people can enjoy them in cinema halls as well.

I think many Pakistanis that can't understand english, watch bollywood movies. The Urdu with pieces of english words stuck in appeals to them. Problem with bollywood is when you churn out like 900 movies a year, it becomes quantity over quality. I enjoy films from all around the world, so to watch bollywood is not a big deal for me, but recently I think it's been crap.

Being punjabi, I watched a lot of east punjabi films having to do with farming, and mostly because of the language. My grandfather's bro/ also my grandfather would watch with me in our village every night. He appreciated the same formula of Sikh from Canada comes back to village and gets with girl, only to fight with her family and have them shout at each other at the top of their lungs before a fight.

I agree with Pakistani producers here. The budgets that Bollywood enjoys leaves no room for the Pakistani producers to compete. How do you expect them to make good movies when you can't give them status of a industry ( that would enable banks to lend them) . And with a life of one month (before pirates hit out a HD copy) it's but natural that they can't compete if Bollywood movies are given same screen time as a new pak movie.

I would suggest GoP to offer tax incentives to the producers, facilitate bank loans, levy duties on foreign films and first screening preference to local movies. Don't ban indie movies...with dialect being same you will only learn from competition . Free markets have value in long run.

It would be a long journey but u need to start now.

Really..Why wake her up from her dreams...Maybe she is implying that the "real" muslims reside only in land of pure..:lol:
buddy i won't wake up her if she only dreaming.but problem is in dream she is shouting also.which was distrubing my peace.so i had to wake up her & try to put up some sene in her brain.
seriously in my post i just say it will be unforunate that if pakistan ban bolly. films.i say our bollywood gives many pakistani actor/singer chance to establish themself.bollywood always appriciate talented people.i also say if pakistan ban our films.than the loss is theirs.it won't effect on our films buissness.because we has huge domestic market,uk,usa,middle east forgien market.in my post i don't say anything bad about pakistani film or pakistan.of course i don't say anything about religion.
but in response she didn't answer any of my points.but out of no where she brings religion in that matter.she also say bharti .but in that word she don't show any respect to my country's people.i find it offensive.i don't say anything disrespectful about pakistani people.but in response why she say disrespectful thing about my country's people

i think indian drama need to be banned.
movies are OK

True that. I hate when something semi dramatic happens, and they have 12 people in a room, and keep zooming in on everybody's face for like 10 minutes.

A movie is ok.. a movie you see for 3 hours at maximum.. and the exposure is gone.. you've had your fun.
Its a different case with the damn KK serials.. they should be banned, those cable operators showing them should be shot.
They are a cultural and social threat.
Problem is, the majority of those who will still be able to watch these serials after a ban will be the wives of Pak mil officers.

ghajini was a copy of an English movie memento .

I never knew that no wonder i thought it was quite original at the time I should have known better, can't we Indians be more creative and think of our own movie ideas?

I think the punishment you are suggesting is too big for them!!! :D

Nothing is too big to prevent young kids from understanding that a mangalSutar is not part of our culture.
Nor is using ham for singular.. I mean who the heck is ham..you and who?
Its Mein.

i think indian drama need to be banned.
movies are OK

A movie is ok.. a movie you see for 3 hours at maximum.. and the exposure is gone.. you've had your fun.
Its a different case with the damn KK serials.. they should be banned, those cable operators showing them should be shot.
They are a cultural and social threat.
Problem is, the majority of those who will still be able to watch these serials after a ban will be the wives of Pak mil officers.

What's so bad about Indian Drama?

There's no arguing that b'wood movies have taken a down turn for quiet some time. I haven't seen one in years. Sometimes I see the promos on Pakistani channels and many times I can tell from the promo which H'wood movies it's being copied from. Even the songs nowadays, compared the the music b'wood turned out during the 90's, it's absolute crap. 90's b'wood music, I really think was one of it's best musical decade. These days I'll listen to Rahat or Shafqat's track here and there but that's about it.

And this movie, Gajni, people told me it's really off the hook and it's Amir Khan you must watch it, I saw some of it and looked so cheap. Amir Khan showing his biceps unnecessarily in his business suit, like who're you trying to impress? what businessman rolls up his sleeves at work to show his arms? I mean really. And of course the movie was based off of H'wood movie Memento.

Nothing is too big to prevent young kids from understanding that a mangalSutar is not part of our culture.
Nor is using ham for singular.. I mean who the heck is ham..you and who?
Its Mein.

So shielding your kids from learning anything about other cultures is the way is it? Isnt it parents who should work towards imparting stronger cultural values to Pakistani children rather than blaming Indian movies and soaps whose impact is minimal compared to what family passes on?

Also...your point is moot since the bulk of the audience of Indian soaps are women NOT children. So to say that Kids are actively watching Saas Bahu serials which have a lot of adult concepts is itself disturbing.
I dont see how your observation holds true.

PS: Hum is the right term to refer to onesself...
Ist Hum= Me
Aap= You
Besides, this is meant for Indian audience, so criticizing this is as futile as expecting Hollywood movies to be made in urdu since "I, Me or Myself" is not how Pakistanis refer to themselves.

Are you also in favor of banning Hollywood movies, soaps, sitcoms etc since NONE of those represent Pakistani culture in any way, shape or form?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom