What's new

Ban Bollywood: Pakistan bigwigs

Original meaning lost during translation.

i dont think so, why should it be lost? there might be occasions that translation might not be 100% the same as the original, but you can always find ways to convey the messsage to the audience as long as you got qualified people in both langauges, i have seen many films with Farsi translation, and i am enjoying them greatly.

i dont think so, why should it be lost? there might be occasions that translation might not be 100% the same as the original, but you can always find ways to convey the messsage to the audience as long as you got qualified people in both langauges, i have seen many films with Farsi translation, and i am enjoying them greatly.

Original meaning gets lost when you can't find a translation for a word or a phrase etc...so substitute is used and that is where the original meaning gets lost.

Original meaning gets lost when you can't find a translation for a word or a phrase etc...so substitute is used and that is where the original meaning gets lost.

i am sure you can find words and expressions in any language to equate the original, all you need to do is to have qualified people, and what you say doesnt happen from start to end in a film, maybe occasiaonally this will happen couple of times in the whole movie, but you still find ways to convey the message, secondly, if you are concerned aobut the originality, then how can you guarantee that you will 100% know the film in a foreign language? do you have the required skill in tha language to know it fully?you wont be able.

True, same for the Chinese dramas, they all look weird when being dubbed into English or any other foreign languages.

So, what is your suggestion then? i am sure chinese might produce some good dramas and films, but i cant go and learn chinese for the sake of these films, the only way to watch it is translation.

instead of baning crap we should start making good movies by ourselfs so that our neibours can also learn and give freedome to their ppls of watching wht they want not wht there govt want....

wese am in favour that every thing should be done oficially so that GoP can earn frm it not only those crappy film makers

Just because Pakistanis watch Indian movies rather than watching a crap, they wanna ban Indian movies!

you see, improving the quality of local movies is something that no one thought!

dramas -- intact

movie -- room for improvement

indian movies -- garbage......

personal opinion.

good decision ,,,then in that case ,,,they should also ban all Pakistanis from hosting Bollywood/contents sites ...and making money out of it ...:angry::angry:
and ban all those chintoo candy pirated CD/DVd's first ....:hitwall::hitwall:

Ban Indian movies but allow Pakistani actors/ singers to earn money from Bharat.

good decision ,,,then in that case ,,,they should also ban all Pakistanis from hosting Bollywood/contents sites ...and making money out of it ...:angry::angry:
and ban all those chintoo candy pirated CD/DVd's first ....:hitwall::hitwall:

How will they earn money then..

Bollywood if used well can serve as a good propaganda tool. Pakistan is better off banning it.

dramas -- intact

movie -- room for improvement

indian movies -- garbage......

personal opinion.

Sadly, your personal opinion is in direct contrast to millions of your countrymen. Otherwise, your movie industry wouldnt have been bankrupt and your women and kids wont have been glued to our TV shows. Now everybody in Pakistan knows what a Mangalsutra is! Cant get any better for cultural exchanges, can it? :D

Sadly, your personal opinion is in direct contrast to millions of your countrymen. Otherwise, your movie industry wouldnt have been bankrupt and your women and kids wont have been glued to our TV shows. Now everybody in Pakistan knows what a Mangalsutra is! Cant get any better for cultural exchanges, can it? :D

Yeah.. I was surprised to find out that Pakistani kids now going to a wedding expect to see the saat fere :).. Soft power ???

Back
Top Bottom