What's new

Balochistan's Ancient Ties to Pakistan - 5000 BC to present

I consider Balochistan as an exception. Because unlike other provinces that willingly joined the Pakistani federation, Balochistan (Kalat Khanate) was annexed by a military action to Pakistan.

Ah sick of this bullsh!t. See what the grandson of the same Khan of Kalat has to say about the so called military action and how his grand father decided to join Pakistan.

He is an ISI agent haan??? :azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol looks like some people have the juvenile habit of getting inspired or infuriated by some other member's signature even though their own signature is some how related with the banned topics of this forum.

Spending time on internet doesn't seem to help some people with their autism problem.:)

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Thanks buddy but no thanks.

The end result of these machinations, including a threat of military action, was that the Khan acceded to Pakistan in March 27, 1948.

So it was just a threat. :D

It was not just a threat, but a military annexation headed by Maj.Gen Akbar Khan who captures the Khan of Kalat, took him to Karachi where he was made to sign to sign the accession document.

Not that I have a problem with it, our Sardar too did that while consolidating the princely states..but just setting the record straight about the so called "voluntary" accession to Pakistan.

The source you provided used the word threat. I think it is better if you read the source yourself before presenting it to others. I will go with the word "threat". Since threats are just that. Threats. :)

The source you provided used the word threat. I think it is better if you read the source yourself before presenting it to others. I will go with the word "threat". Since threats are just that. Threats. :)

Well Mr.Yaqoob Khan Bangash does have his limitations writing in Pakistan media right.? Anyway as you can see it was not a willing accession to Pakistan - like Sindh or Punjab. But one which was annexed through threats/force. Maybe that's why the nationalism still lingers in them.

Well Mr.Yaqoob Khan Bangash does have his limitations writing in Pakistan media right.?

I have seen even worst article regarding Balochistan in Pakistani media particularly Express Tribune than the one you presented. The reason isn't about limitations but may be that after all the "independent" platform and sensationalism Mr Bangash can't say a threat as a military operation since there wasn't any.

Anyway as you can see it was not a willing accession to Pakistan - like Sindh or Punjab. But one which was annexed through threats/force.

As I said before threats are just that threats. Anyone can feel any kind of threat and be paranoid because of it. That doesn't prove anything. :)

Well Mr.Yaqoob Khan Bangash does have his limitations writing in Pakistan media right.? Anyway as you can see it was not a willing accession to Pakistan - like Sindh or Punjab. But one which was annexed through threats/force. Maybe that's why the nationalism still lingers in them.
Did you see the interview at the link Areesh posted ? :azn: ... What did the grandson of Khan of Kalat say ? Do you think that anyone knows his own history better than himself ? He even mentioned that Khan of Kalat had a dream and was instructed to join the " Islamic state " ... Where was the threat and use of force and abducting Khan of Kalat and forcing him to sign the accession part ? :undecided:

It was not just a threat, but a military annexation headed by Maj.Gen Akbar Khan who captures the Khan of Kalat, took him to Karachi where he was made to sign to sign the accession document.

Not that I have a problem with it, our Sardar too did that while consolidating the princely states..but just setting the record straight about the so called "voluntary" accession to Pakistan.

Where exactly is this mentioned in the links you gave us just now ? ... Or these are some underground propaganda facts ?

No need to waste time , we all know what really " Express Tribune " is ... Pakistani Govt didn't threat anyone , these are just newly invented or lets say manufactured history ...

I have seen even worst article regarding Balochistan in Pakistani media particularly Express Tribune than the one you presented. The reason isn't about limitations but may be that after all the "independent" platform and sensationalism Mr Bangash can't say a threat as a military operation since there wasn't any.

As I said before threats are just that threats. Anyone can feel any kind of threat and be paranoid because of it. That doesn't prove anything.

So anything going against the official/popular version becomes a 'bad' piece even if its the truth ? The independent state of Kalat was annexed into Pakistan by coercion and that is the truth.

For the military action part, read the link below.

Did you see the interview at the link Areesh posted ? ... What did the grandson of Khan of Kalat say ? Do you think that anyone knows his own history better than himself ? He even mentioned that Khan of Kalat had a dream and was instructed to join the " Islamic state " ... Where was the threat and use of force and abducting Khan of Kalat and forcing him to sign the accession part ?

Where exactly is this mentioned in the links you gave us just now ? ... Or these are some underground propaganda facts ?

Mate do you want to know what (former) Maharaja Karan Singh got to say about his grandpa's act ? Dreams ? C'mon.

Kalat was a category 'B' princely state and therefore as per the 1876 treaty it was not exactly under the British and by extension was not mandated to join either Pakistan or India..In other words it had the option of remaining independent from both.Both houses of Kalat assembly - Dar-ul-Awam and Dar-ul-Umara confirmed that by reeatedly rejecting the idea of accession to Pakistan. The speech of Mir Ghaus Bux Bhizenjo in the Kalat Assembly on Dec 14 1947 gives you the fact that the Baloch were vehemently opposed to any accession to Pakistan.

Regarding the military annexation part it took place on April 1948 when the PA marched into Kalat and took the Khan captive. Read page 25 in the following link for your confirmation. Just because it is not mentioned in Pak history books doesn't mean it did not take place. Link

So anything going against the official/popular version becomes a 'bad' piece even if its the truth ?

I was just commenting on your post about limit of Pakistani media. :)

The independent state of Kalat was annexed into Pakistan by coercion and that is the truth.

Yeha lol I think I will take the words of Khan of Kalat's grandson than some PDF file of foreign policy center if UK. Or if you are insisting too much I would take the words of Mr Bangash as well. :)

So anything going against the official/popular version becomes a 'bad' piece even if its the truth ? The independent state of Kalat was annexed into Pakistan by coercion and that is the truth.

Prove it ... With credible links and not some funded think tanks ... They only knew about it in Nov 2006 when this report was published ? :azn: ... How come it isn't a dispute in the UN ?

Prove it ... With credible links and not some funded think tanks ... They only knew about it in Nov 2006 when this report was published ? :azn: ... How come it isn't a dispute in the UN ?

Because unlike our Pandit who was neck deep in his idealistic bullsh!t, Jinnah was a pragmatist.

And what credible links ? Anything that goes against your version of events will seem uncredible to you..But that does not make it necessarily the truth. The truth is Kalat was illegally annexed into Pakistan through military means.

Let's leave it here because anything I give will not satisfy you.

The truth is Kalat was illegally annexed into Pakistan through military means.

Let's leave it here because anything I give will not satisfy you.
Even if the version of events your support was true, the State of Kalat did not comprise all of Balochistan, and the Khan of Kalat and his 'assembly' did not represent the views of all Baloch. So your position remains unsubstantiated, unless you can negate the above two points.

PS: These 'history' related posts will be moved to the relevant thread in a bit.

Even if the version of events your support was true, the State of Kalat did not comprise Balochistan, and the Khan of Kalat and his 'assembly' did not represent the views of all Baloch. So your position remains unsubstantiated, unless you can negate the above two points.

Actually in a round table conference attended by Lord Mountbatten, Khan of Kalat, CM of Kalat and Jinnah (as the legal advisor to the Khan of Kalat) on Aug 4 1947 it was decided that with the expiry of British rule, the Kalat Khanate would become independent and the territories of Kharan and Lasbela which were leased to the British would join Kalat, thus making most of modern day Balochistan a separate, sovereign state.

British-Balochistan-map.jpg

That Jinnah double crossed the Khan is a later story.

Regarding the two constituent assemblies not representing all Baloch, well in a democracy the ruling party does not represent all the people and even though it is voted only by a part, it speaks for all the people.

PS: These 'history' related posts will be moved to the relevant thread in a bit.

Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom