What's new

Balkanization of India is viable but I don't care

who can awake a guy who is pretending to be asleep. By the way kris did you ever dare to open your mouth in telugu when you were in delhi, j and k etc - would any north indian care to speak telugu (other than few exceptions or businessmen) if he is in ap. You shamelessly degrade your own language and your culture in favor of some mythical entity called india.

Speaking another language is degrading your language? LoL

Look, every great nation state has had its tense moments of breakdown and crisis. America underwent that crisis during the Civil War. Maybe it is India's Abraham Lincoln moment, as India is the second greatest country after America. :what:The last line was superfluous though.
It is to be seen how it would pan out. American model of North-South division or Soviet model of smaller states controlled by one big center or Yugoslavian model of multiple equal states beligerant to each other or some other model.

@Raghav_101 @Pakistani Fighter

- PRTP GWD

Who is talking about discrimination in Delhi?

In which world do you live? In USA, it's a common knowledge that Telugu people are looked down upon and are an embarrassment to Indian diaspora, source of annoyance as well as an object of derisive humor. Google yourself what racist nickname they have earned for themselves.

- PRTP GWD

I am a telugu who have lived in both India and the US and have never come across any discrimination from my fellow Indians.

It is to be seen how it would pan out. American model of North-South division or Soviet model of smaller states controlled by one big center or Yugoslavian model of multiple equal states beligerant to each other or some other model.

@Raghav_101 @Pakistani Fighter

- PRTP GWD
Bro I have lived in 4 Indian states. 2 of them being Southern ones. What you are saying is correct only partially. Even for what you said , Hate is a strong word to describe it. Dislike suits better.

The dislike however isn't too strong to act as a fissiparous force. That's my succinct opinion.

It's more like you despise whoever Hindutvavadis support and whatever magnitude of influence that person might have. Both Sardar Patel and V.P Menon played a crucial role in 'convincing' the princely states to join the union of India. Only a foolish person will neglect their efforts. Tomorrow, if Hindutvavadis support Gandhi, you'll start hating Gandhi as well. That's how your simple brain works.

I am not dismissing their efforts to unite the princely states. But they did not "architect" India. There's a difference. India was really architected between the diplomatic exchanges among Gandhi, Nehru, and the Mountbattens. Of course, Cyril Radcliffe had also influenced. So that way they all are the founders of the modern India.

Speaking another language is degrading your language? LoL

Yes forced to speak to a just arrived hindi fellow in hindi in your state but when you go there you speak in hindi. And then get mocked for your accent. It is degrading yourself and your identity. Reciprocity is needed for respect.

I am not dismissing their efforts to unite the princely states. But they did not "architect" India. There's a difference. India was really architected between the diplomatic exchanges among Gandhi, Nehru, and the Mountbattens. Of course, Cyril Radcliffe had also influenced. So that way they all are the founders of the modern India.
The India of today wouldn't be as it is without their efforts. So how cannot they be one of the architects of India along with Nehru?

I won't consider Mountbatten and Radcliffe as architects of India. How have they even contributed to India post independence? For how much time have they even contributed? Radcliffe just came in to India for drawing borders. Mountbatten didn't want anything to with India after Partition. Surely, architects should be more than that.

Yes forced to speak to a just arrived hindi fellow in hindi in your state but when you go there you speak in hindi. And then get mocked for your accent. It is degrading yourself and your identity. Reciprocity is needed for respect.
Hindi is more of a binding language. You can't expect every individual of India to know every language of all the states. Of course, if the person stays in another state for many years, it's his responsibility to learn at least basics of the native language of that state for communication purpose.

To ye wars 1947, 65, 71 aur 99 ke timepass ke liye lade the kya? Ye 2008 mai jo Mumbai pe jo humla hua wo aise hi humne lite liya jaye kya? Hafiz Saeed aise hi bike pe yaha waha ghoom raha hai Pakistan mai vo aise hi bhool jaye kya? Pakistan ke aam logo ke haath mai bandook aur Kashmir ke naare lagate hai ye hum seriously nahi lenge?

Sorry, abhi to ye mumkin nahi lag raha.

It's more like you despise whoever Hindutvavadis support and whatever magnitude of influence that person might have. Both Sardar Patel and V.P Menon played a crucial role in 'convincing' the princely states to join the union of India. Only a foolish person will neglect their efforts. Tomorrow, if Hindutvavadis support Gandhi, you'll start hating Gandhi as well. That's how your simple brain works.
Ok, tum log hathyar kharidna chorh do, or Jo bhi weapon chahiay ho woh India main hi bnao. Sb log khul k samny aajaingy. Idhar tum hathyar kharidna chorhty ho, udhar France kisi ko tumhary khilaf chabi bher dyta hai.
Yei khail chal raha hai, tumhary sath bhi, or hamary sath bhi.

The India of today wouldn't be as it is without their efforts. So how cannot they be one of the architects of India along with Nehru?

I won't consider Mountbatten and Radcliffe as architects of India. How have they even contributed to India post independence? For how much time have they even contributed? Radcliffe just came in to India for drawing borders. Mountbatten didn't want anything to with India after Partition. Surely, architects should be more than that.

As representatives of British Raj with 100% direct authority, the Mountbattens were immensely powerful decision-makers in 1947. They had 100% control over which territories would remain with India, and which would go Pakistan's way.

Some Indian leaders had to NEGOTIATE with the Mountbattens to keep more territories. Pandit Nehru did it for India, Muhammad Ali Jinnah did it for Pakistan. It was like a tug of war.

Nehru had immense influence with Edwina Mountbatten which helped secure more territories for India. The fate of the Princely states were to be decided by the Princes, officially. But in practice, Nehru (as well as Jinnah) were able to negotiate a gradual transfer of those territories in their geographies.

So basically when Sardar Patel unified Hyderabad or any other region, the United Kingdom turned a blind eye and did not come to the aid of the Princely state despite their long-standing agreements. Why? Because Nehru had immense influence with the Mountbattens and the British Royalty. Sardar Patel had zero role in that stage of negotiation, so Nehru was still the boss here (Gandhi had stepped out of picture after June 1947). Edwina Mountbatten personally disliked Sardar Patel (she had claimed that he smelled bad). So, Nehru advised him to stay away. He only came in picture after India became independent.

Just watch a few movies like Gandhi (1983), Jinnah (1998) and you will get an idea. I would have recommended you to read a few books and papers but that seems like too much effort for me to dig up right now.

Hindi is more of a binding language. You can't expect every individual of India to know every language of all the states. Of course, if the person stays in another state for many years, it's his responsibility to learn at least basics of the native language of that state for communication purpose.

Well yea India made it binding. Without india there is no need for other states to learn a useless language which can supply no jobs or make you any income. And as india tries to integrate it burdens non-hindi speakers more and lighten the burden on hindi speakers. It gives them an advantage which others must forsake just for living in their own lands. Thanks to India.
And it is not just street communication. Indian parliament and govt which grabs lions share of taxes uses only hindi/english as its medium of instruction. Even during peak of corona indian health ministry was giviing instructions only in hindi no translation nothing.
Indian military uses only hindi for local commands.

Ok, tum log hathyar kharidna chorh do, or Jo bhi weapon chahiay ho woh India main hi bnao.
Vo shuru kiya hai humne. Hume US pe dependent nahi rehna hai.
Idhar tum hathyar kharidna chorhty ho, udhar France kisi ko tumhary khilaf chabi bher dyta hai.
Ye nahi kuch maalum.
Yei khail chal raha hai, tumhary sath bhi, or hamary sath bhi.
Aapke yaha dharm ka vish (poison) pila rahe hai logo ko.

As representatives of British Raj with 100% direct authority, the Mountbattens were immensely powerful decision-makers in 1947. They had 100% control over which territories would remain with India, and which would go Pakistan's way.

Some Indian leaders had to NEGOTIATE with the Mountbattens to keep more territories. Pandit Nehru did it for India, Muhammad Ali Jinnah did it for Pakistan. It was like a tug of war.

Nehru had immense influence with Edwina Mountbatten which helped secure more territories for India. The fate of the Princely states were to be decided by the Princes, officially. But in practice, Nehru (as well as Jinnah) were able to negotiate a gradual transfer of those territories in their geographies.

So basically when Sardar Patel unified Hyderabad or any other region, the United Kingdom turned a blind eye and did not come to the aid of the Princely state despite their long-standing agreements. Why? Because Nehru had immense influence with the Mountbattens and the British Royalty. Sardar Patel had zero role in that stage of negotiation, so Nehru was still the boss here (Gandhi had stepped out of picture after June 1947). Edwina Mountbatten personally disliked Sardar Patel (she had claimed that he smelled bad). So, Nehru advised him to stay away. He only came in picture after India became independent.

Just watch a few movies like Gandhi (1983), Jinnah (1998) and you will get an idea. I would have recommended you to read a few books and papers but that seems like too much effort for me to dig up right now.

Even disregarding the more gossipy details such as Patel smelled bad so not allowed, this is a good post. Brits abandoned the princely states and went with Nehru. I beleive brits deliberately created fake boundaries and fake countries to keep them weak. Look at countries like vietnam, malaysia, kore - all lingusitic countries with proper socities.
It could also be racism - Nehru was a brahmin - another hierarchy brits loved. And the only other elite in india were muslims. Non-brahmins including dalits who demanded seperate ballot (but was denied - note gandhi agreed to seperate ballot for muslims), OBC, south indians and other linguistic states like bengal, maha such as periyar were all thrown under the bus.

Back
Top Bottom